Traditional Flying Coming to the Dragon Isles in Guardians of the Dream

The WoW classic players do like their long journeys, but yea, I’d love dragonriding outside Dragon Isles.

Well they can have them. That’s why we got two separate games.

1 Like

Done all but the last and that is an actual decent pathfinder, so I am happy with this.

Becuase not enough people left for Final Fantasy 14 during shadowlands. If the migration was even bigger, we would have even better game compared to SL by now.

Please make it so we can dismount them by using whirling ability when they ride trad mounts

It will be the funniest patch hahah

Upon further review, we’ve decided to remove the Freshscales Fifteen requirement from Dragon Isles Pathfinder. There will be no Renown level requirements.

I’ve updated the OP here, and we’re updating the Guardians of the Dream patch notes to reflect this.

Thank you for your feedback!

19 Likes

Nice one, hope this makes people happy.

1 Like

what is happy? never seen it before here.

Credit is where credit is due, Bravo for actually listening to feedback and changing this.

3 Likes

No, stop.

WE HAVE DRAGON RIDING, GIVE US NORMAL FLYING WITHOUT GATEKEEPING IT!

2 Likes

Shouldn’t have had to have pathfinder attached to it from the start. If you buffed normal flying to 600% speed it would have made sense.

4 Likes

They removed the renown requirement, all they want you is to play through the story once (You probably did that on your main already) and flap around the emerald dream area one time, anybody who even half attempted to play the game has everything except “Explore the emerald dream” (15 minutes work, tops), keep your shirt on…

3 Likes

well , thanks ! and these forum users say complaining is useless. feedbacks are important . a win for blizz

5 Likes

No. If you can fly on a dragon, you should also be able to do normal flying. Accessibility shouldn’t be locked behind requirements while a superior method of flying is already available.

5 Likes

While I don’t have a view into the devs’ minds, I assume this is done to encourage players to at least try dragonriding as they do the campaign (if they haven’t already). I’m not saying this is necessarily the best way to do it but I think that’s their reasoning behind this.

What is the reason behind there being any requirement at all?

I really do not get it. We have dragonriding, we have had it since day one, and it’s a way higher quality type of flying, so why do you see the need to have regular flying locked behind a set of tasks?

I am honestly hoping you’ll one day remove this Pathfinder achievement for good. It does nothing for the game, other than keeping a very good feature(flying) away from players that actually care for it. The achievement forces people to do the content at a fast pace and in a spesific order to be able to access flying. That’s not how I want my gaming experience to be like. Flying is super important to how I get immersed with the world, but I also want to do the content when I feel like it, and do the content I actually feel like doing. You already ruined the experience of multiple expansions for me this way. In BFA and SL, I was done with everything when it became unlockable. WoD flying I never got. Not even sure I got the BFA one, and it makes me miss out on the world. Getting dragonriding this time around was amazing, as I can finally see where I am travelling and how the world is built.

I am not getting Pathfinder this time either, but I can dragonride, so for once it’s okay. I still feel super sorry for those who prefer the old type of flying. They should just have it unlocked when the path goes live. You’ve already delayed it by pretty much a year, which is punishment/requirement enough by miles.

6 Likes

Thank you for taking it into consideration.

2 Likes

A welcome change, thank you.

Are you able to clarify whether there are any intentions, now that normal flying is returning, for Dracthyr to be able to fly with their own wings, like their NPC counterparts already do?

2 Likes

I can’t with you people.

Players: “I shouldn’t have to get renown for normal flying”

Blizzard: “we’ve removed the renown requirement”

Players: “i…uhh…REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE”

thx grinding the new faction to 15 would have been a pain. im not even 15 with niffen after the usual mid addon burnout

1 Like