Traditional Flying Coming to the Dragon Isles in Guardians of the Dream

/Trows rotten apple towards blizzard and shouts BOOOO*

3 Likes

I actually like this idea. I can’t wait to use my dragon riding to complete this grind.

1 Like

I feel like the renown this xpac hasn’t been a gring at all, most of it is gotten passively by doing activities. Only reason its a “grind” now is because people feel there is a deadline.

It is a grind because you have to get out of your normal way of playing the game. You have to do time scheduled events like the feast and researchers. For months every week. While there is 0 reason to do those events outside of grinding renown.

2 Likes

Only if you are doing activities that give you rep.

People’s interest in the game varies, there is no right or wrong way to play it. So if you are someone who clears the map of all WQs, does the events, does the side quests as well as the main quest line etc, then yes you will gain renown.

If you have no interest in any of those activities and blizzard said we wouldn’t have to do renown, then there will be others who don’t have any renown.

I always do the rep grinds, and always on the same char, I don’t main change :slight_smile:

2 Likes

40 days played max level reown 11 iskar tuskar, and that is while ACTIVELY doing quests and soups (clearly not often enough).

To me it doesnt feel much different from old rep systems.

1 Like

Can we have Soar as a traditional flying?

4 Likes

Could there ever be a more clear example of “We do it because we’ve always done it, and we didn’t give it even a second’s thought”?

Before Dragonflight there was a good reason to do this. There no longer is.

If you ever put us back on the ground, this measure will once again makes sense.

1 Like

now thinking about it, why not have us buy it in gold if we really want it?

kinda sad we no longer have to buy master-riding stuff as we level up.

Personally done maybe 20 WQ this whole expansion, mainly done the weekly activities for cosmetics so ive passively maxed out every renown by just playing open world content between other activities.

Im assuming your have the rep requirements despite having a bad time with dragonriding as a whole because you’ve been doing most of the content offered to you with each patch.

Most of these comments are made by players who never do world content and get summoned of instance to instance that now all of a sudden need flying because they want it. (These are the people that confuse me, not the people who get sick from dragonriding)

I have done hundreds of world quests this expansion. They just do not give rep.
I am used to do WQ’s and emissaries. Over 4 years ago i was already on 10k WQ’s done. You are able to do those on your own time.

Now you have to do specific things/events to get reputation. Create a weekly checklist for 1 char and grind for multiple months these specific things with an alarm next to your PC to be ready. Otherwise you are not getting it.

1 Like

Ill be doing the sugfuision camps in a bit on 2 character since i still need a dragonriding skin, before i do that ill pick up weekly quest in valdrakken to gain 3000 rep, ill do my 2 clears and mail all the rep tokens to my main, got to forbidden reach to open some chests and click on the 1 guy to increase rep gained with iskar by 10%, ill then go to loam and pick up the rep quest for 1500 and do my 3 digs and 1 research under fire, hand in all quests. It’ll take about 45 minutes (not including my afk time waiting for research to start and ill gain about 6k rep by looking for collections.

I don’t understand why having rep with factions is necessary to fly over their areas, when I’ve been flying over their areas on my dragon since before they knew I existed

2 Likes

When I had to do World Quests I had a very good friend take me to them all. I was a whelp and he flew us everywhere. We had a standing date twice a week to clear the map.

I get around mostly with flight paths where I can.

But I don’t see anything wrong with people who don’t care about open world content. They want to do M+, Raid, PvP etc. I personally don’t find PvP fun, it’s just boring to me but other people love it. So each to their own.

I think the bulk of the playerbase is probably happy with DR. It’s only a minority of us who either suffer motion sickness or have some kind of disability/impairment that means it’s hard for them to do or makes them feel unwell.

Does anyone knows we need to do all of this on 1 char? Like… am i allowed to reroll?

Except that your wrong, i have had max renown with all the 4? factions a month after release.
I farmed the BFA pathfinder last year.

Ive gotten max renown back then because early on because it mattered and all the events including the cooking one was doable multiple times a day.
Did litterally all the world quests every lockout .

Now other than a few mounts, recipes and cosmetics its irrelevant content.

Even if its for the 5% who struggle with dragonriding or the 15-20% who think its rather inconvienient theres no alternative other than normal flying which is now locked after a very long grind having to use… dragonriding.

Blizzard keep saying “we have learned from our mistakes” and yet nothing happens.
Litterally EVERYTHING has to be a grind nowadays.

1 Like

This looks like it will be similar to Loam rep. There is a weekly to earn 1500 which gives an additional 500. There will be an event that rewards 1,000 for the first go. So I imagine it will be like doing the Researchers and a few WQs to earn your 1500 and so be ~2000 per week.

If the intro quests into this Emerald Dream zone offers quite a lot (like the Black Dragon quest in Zaralek Caverns did) then this should only be a month or two to unlock with light play (how I’ll do it). Might be grindable by those who wish to push it doing every WQ every day and all the other little events and treasures that offer 50 here 75 there with some 150 tokens as rewards. This might knock a few weeks off how long it is.

I’m not impressed by the “certain zones” assuming this means not in Zarlak Caverns nor Emerald Dream. I can only hope that Emerald Dream is not as nasty (terrain wise) as Zaralek Caverns is, at least it shouldn’t have a roof to bump into. Although it is all about trees and foliage so I imagine every blade of grass and leaf will impede our travels and consume our vigour constantly.

I had thought Bliz had learnt this lesson on grinds. They didn’t have a massive grind in SL for Flying. They even had flying in Zerith Mortis. Always with them this forgetting of what we thought they’d learnt.

2 Likes

And by the looks of things, we’ll be earning Renown with Wardens of the Dream to still NOT fly over their zone.

Adding a new rep grind to further time gate this feature seems deliberately nasty.
It’s one thing to have rep gridns that we’ve had a year (in most cases) to farm. Even I have managed to max out them all in that time.
It’s another thing to have a brand new rep grind in a new zone that we won’t even be able to fly in.

A little back I made a post comparing this with what happened in WoD, where they begrudgingly gave us back flying with the punishment of pathfinder.

It seems that whenever the devs have to actually do something players want, they add some ludicrous gating system to it, is this purely out of spite, or is there some actual reason behind it?

4 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes