Classic Era PvP Update - 6 December

When we updated the PvP honor system in patch 1.14.4, our changes were focused on making it so that we no longer needed the old PvP Honor system script, eliminating ranking points, and removing de-ranking due to decay. As we look to the future, we’ve carefully considered the role of decay in today’s Honor system and how it interacts with increasingly competitive Honor requirements in higher ranks.

As a result, we’ve arrived at the decision to disable Honor decay in Classic Era and Season of Discovery. This will become effective starting with scheduled weekly maintenance (on December 6 in this region).

When the weekly Honor rollover occurs on December 6, you will no longer decay due to having not met the minimum Honor requirements for your rank. Please note that decay is not the same as the penalties incurred by earning dishonorable kills, which is now the only way a player can lose rank progress.

Thank you!

48 Likes

Will you consider making it easier to rank up at lower levels?

https://i.imgur.com/aR5kE9G.png

This is my current standing for the week, last week I got 13k honor and was not able to budge from rank 3 to 4 at level 39. However you are looking at 136 honor per flag cap in Warsong and a paltry amount (often <10) for a HK.

It seems easy to hit rank 2, sort of easy to hit rank 3 then there’s a brick wall pre-AV of getting rank 4, 5 or 6. I know 39s can only hit rank 5 theoretically however this used to be far easier pre changes to the system.

Kind regards.

7 Likes

can you also remove honor entirely?
i dont like having to play the game, thanks.

5 Likes

the first ranking change was actually good. the old system was bad and considering the fact Naxx was out which offers better gear the R14 gear really shouldn’t be that hard to get anymore.

but removing decay entirely is a step to far. but probably needed since the playerbase will shrink with sod and reaching 500k with longer queues would be very hard.

1 Like

Oh boy o boy, how grand. Another update!
In these troubled times. It is comforting that we can always depend on blizzard to find the path that hurts the game the most.

As the year draws to a close,
lets recap 2023 for era shall we;
→ bots bots bots bots bots gdkps and oh look flying bots.
→ Seeing 2000% price inflation happen within a single week in june.
→ move vanilla to a new client for no reason, and break the game.
→ continue to do nothing about bots or gold buying

→ Have HC changes forced down your throat on a pvp server, simply as doing the changes separate would be too much effort.

→ Release the “MUCH NEEDED” honor system update
→ With the big feature of making everyone only do AV and only run past each other in AV, a pvp update that took all pvp out of pvp. Great pvp update.
→ But not only that, also have this update “accidently” erase the lifetime hks of long time players.
→ pretend to fix that, but do nothing (unless it happened to affect a streamer, then it is different naturally).

→ start developing era/retail and make vanilla the guinea pig. What need is there for a ptr when you have us. Accidently overwrite all the casting animations with wrath animations. Resulting in some spells being so bright you need sunglasses on to use them.

→ Say you will fix that oopsie, but then dont really do anything.

→ And then finally the master stroke; remove decay, because that will surely make it all well.

Thank you so very much for all the things you do for us.
How very hard working, kind and empathic you must be.

You go get them short term gains.

1 Like

Why don’t you leave it as it is and fix the bugs—T3 belts, Mage Frostbolts, stuns (the look like retail now), and many more. Fix AV; all other battlegrounds are dead. Fix the game, don’t change it. There must be some decay in PvP. Is this game for babies?

whats the point lmao, may as well remove the entire system at this point

1 Like

Good meby finaly will have a reason to play PvP in SoD after this outdated system is gone

cool ! I’ve spent 3 years in Warsong and never had rank 14 because of gatekeepers in old system and i did’nt accepted to play the AV farm in new system because i want to play a game not a number chase

all players who accepted to play AV farm don’t like to play the game…

50hours/week AV farm for rank 14 don’t make a player legendary, reputable, respectable

@Blizz it’s great but really too late, SoD is coming, but nice to see you wake up

According to numerous responses here or on the US forum, players are complaining that from now on, PvP players will be able to hope to gain the best possible equipment in PvP at the same time that GDKP pve bots and others will be able to be full T1-T2 etc in a few weeks?

By what right should PVP players benefit from the same investment rewards as a PVE BOT?

My God ! It’s horrible…

1 Like

No rank decay is fine, but keep progress decay. Keeping your rank if you don’t play sounds good, but going from r13 to r14 should require that you do the grind. Otherwise rank 14 means nothing and will be guaranteed to everyone provided that they play the game for long enough.

1 Like

are you crazy?
sacrifice your lifetime for full AV gametime (~50hours/week) is your definition of competitiveness? without value of win or lose the battles? ranking IRL military isn’t gained that way, same in works, same in sports. actually you can rank 14 just afk/jump. The grind have no value, the progress decay is an error

1 Like

I ranked to 11 in premade WSG and AB, and had a ton of fun with all of the bois who were at it week after week together with me. You really got to know the community and had some good matches. R14 meant that you’d been a champion of that community war effort to rank up with everybody and became feared and known by the opposite faction. The PvP community of your server and your guild would celebrate you upon finally hitting rank 14. Now, you won’t know if the person was ever a part of it.

I ranked 11 with both this rogue and my elf warrior (solo-queing) before TBCC. Horde knows me
The situation is we finally can get effective gear against T3 PvErs ( i do only PvP no raid)

sorry but this have no values in current state of World of Buyers… Sure it was back in original Vanilla

Everybody with rank 14 access = Fairplay games and no credit card required

not a single ranker had to pay for anything on Razorgore EU high pop realm when I ranked in Classic. Dunno what crap server you were on but it wasn’t like that everywhere.

Decay is a toxic and outdated mechanic.

I’ve been a #nochange defender forever but this, is in fact a good and healthy change for the playerbase.

3 Likes

I agree.

I would like to add that life priorities have shifted for most people. Back then in 2005 some responsibilities were to bring out the garbage or vacuum your room in your parents basement. I have also seen a couple of fellow students in university drop out because of WoW. No one older than 25 of age was able to compete in WoWs endgame back then. Now the player base has shifted. We are just a bunch of filthy casuals. We have to make a living, have to hit milestones at work or just make our hours, maybe have to take care of our children/family. Those playing WoW on Welfare use it to flee from RL, dragging down society.

AV ranking is going heavy from Wed - Fri and a little from Sat - Sun. Lets say I have a doctors appointment at Thursday and need to go outside - unable to do AV grind from 9am to 2pm → so weekly decay for me? Is this fair? Is this the grind no-lifers talk about? Is this what makes R14?

I am very happy with the change. If need to I can rank to R14 on AV weekends only now.

I wish that WSG and AB would be more competitive compared to AVs honor gain but currently it is what it is. The most fiercely fought and dragged out BGs give the least amount of Honor/Hour.

PS: I have seen people that are getting carried in AV complain that the PvP gear requires LvL 60. You guys just need to level and contribute your part, seriously.

3 Likes

Lel. Well, there weren’t enough keyboarding turning and backpeddling rank14s already.

1 Like

If you did this on PVE side it would mean we get a Naxxramas raid where I can damage the bosses just a few percent%, die, and when I come back I did not loose my progress and the boss health is not back to 100% :clown_face:

WHY DON’T YOU TRY YOUR SILLY IDEAS ON SOD, AND LEAVE ERA ALONE?

Do you remember what Classic (and especially Classic Era) is supposed to be? Hello?

1 Like