New Season of Discovery Realm - Chaos Bolt (PvP)

As we’ve gradually increased the population caps on all Season of Discovery realms over the last three hours, it has become clear that interest in playing on the PvP ruleset is high enough to justify an additional realm.

Please encourage your friends to join you on the Chaos Bolt realm for a war with the other faction! We’ll see you there.

8 Likes

It’s not in the realm list.

4 Likes

Surely most of those people joining the RP server were doing so purely because the others were full and with massive queues though?

4 Likes

Or because streamers chose to play on those servers.

It’s up if anyone missed it :slight_smile:

Glad I got up early. Managed to snag a bunch of popular names :blush:

Asmon is US tho?

Yes he is.

I’ve updated the title and OP in this thread to reflect the Chaos Bolt realm’s ruleset as PvP.

2 Likes

It was announced as an RP-PvP server. Released as an RP-PvP server. Played on by people as an RP-PvP server

If it really has been changed to just PvP that is shambolic and proves even further the contempt Blizz has for RP players - and player base in general since this whole SoD launch week has been amateur and half-assed, as if it was done last minute on a Friday afternoon by the interns.

For one thing RP servers have tighter restrictions on names and behaviour which used to be a draw for the non-l33t-kiddies that they could find a slightly more mature environment even if they didn’t want to write a 5 page backstory for their character.

If you change the rules of a server after release, you need to let people transfer off it for free.

11 Likes

Change back to how it was lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

So… guess those of us who created a character expecting a RP-PvP realm are now screwed?

6 Likes

my thread regarding the change got deleted so I guess they dont care

2 Likes

So it couldn’t just stayed RPpvp? its still pvp server lol

3 Likes

Why was it changed to PVP? I feel betrayed

5 Likes

make one server SoD hardcore PvP, with transfer after death to classic SoD

A new server that’s very nice, now we just need layers …

Why did you change the server from RPPVP to PVP?! Me and my friends were so thrilled that another RPPVP server launched that was clearly going to be horde favoured over Crusader Strike that we decided to make a character there. Changing it to PVP left me with a bad taste in my mouth… This is not how you treat your players!

10 Likes

Why would you just change the server after people already invested time leveling characters in what they expected would be a RP-PVP server? This is so f’d up.

8 Likes

I would strongly suggest giving the people who chose this server based on RPPVP and avoiding the streamers, to give a free server transfer but preferably turn it back to RPPVP again.

This is a very weird decision.

8 Likes