WoW Hotfixes - 7 May

February 8, 2024

Achievements

• Support Your Local Artisans now requires donations totaling 50,000 gold (was 70,000) to the Artisan’s Consortium.

Classes

• Shaman
    • Resolved an issue causing Earth Shield casts from another Shaman to sometimes override Earth Shield.

Dungeons and Raids

• Darkheart Thicket
    • Addressed an issue where Archdruid Glaidalis can fail to use Grievous Leap on a player standing on top of a nearby object.
    • Addressed an issue in Archdruid Glaidalis’s encounter where Nightmare Abominations can be stuck in a state of evasion when spawned on top of an elevated surface.
  • Dawn of the Infinite: Galakrond’s Fall
    • Addressed an issue where Dazhak’s Incinerating Blightbreath can fizzle if the targeted player dies during Dazhak’s charge.
    • Addressed an issue where Chronofade is not considered an AoE effect.
  • The Everbloom
    • Addressed an issue in the Ancient Protectors encounter where Dulhu’s Noxious Charge can still go off if he dies while casting.

Player versus Player

• Priest
    • Shadow
      • Resolved an issue causing the Shadow Amirdrassil 4-set bonus to not be consumed when landing a killing blow on some pets and totems.
  • Shaman
    • Resolved an issue causing some spells to kill Grounding Totem without directly targeting the totem.
    • Resolved an issue causing redirected damage over time effects to apply to Grounding Totem. Grounding Totem is once again immune to debuff effects.

The February 8 hotfix broke “To The Test: Rune of Shadowbinding” and the previous tethercoil quest part of the legendary questline, impossible to make progression.

2 Likes

Just a quick reminder that we pay a sub fee for this game. Applying a hotfix that practically disables the quest for a legendary, which has a low drop chance anyway and not fix the problem after over 24 hours is abysmal. Please do better blizzard.

February 12, 2024

Dungeons and Raids

• The Everbloom
    • Fixed an issue where Rockspine Stinger’s Venom Burst could be applied to non-player targets.

Quests

• Fixed an issue preventing progress as intended on the legendary questline “Handling It”.

I was somehow expecting some more balance tuning for shamans.

But who am I to guess that the reason that does not happen is because of your precious MDI tournament…

February 14, 2024

Dungeons and Raids

• Amirdrassil, the Dream’s Hope
    • Tindral Sageswift
      • Addressed an issue where players who teleport out of the raid before the encounter ends can sometimes cause them to be stranded in The Great Sea.
  • Atal’Dazar
    • Addressed an issue where a mind-controlled Dazar’ai Confessor’s Dispel can remove an ally’s Challenger’s Might.
  • Darkheart Thicket
    • Removed randomized spawn of enemies before Archdruid Glaidalis.
  • Dawn of the Infinite: Rise of Murozond
    • Addressed an issue where Grommash Hellscream can melee players while leaping in the air before Bladestorm.
    • Addressed an issue where Battle Senses can trigger from Shockwave.
  • Waycrest Manor
    • Addressed an issue where Heartsbane Triad’s associated auras can fail to fall off.
    • Addressed an issue where Sister Solena does not lose the Soul Manipulation debuff if the mind-controlled player dies.
    • Addressed an issue where Pallid Gorgers can sometimes melee players during Ravaging Leap.
    • The spawning of Heartsbane Runeweavers and Heartsbane Soulcharmers are now consistent each week.

Love is in the Air

• Fixed an issue causing Love is in the Air daily quests to be removed from the quest log when logging out.

Can you please fix random targeting of certain skills…

And the double tap of Manifested Timeways… please…

And the crazy HP scale of Irridicron…

Among other things…

Also, can you please put MDI players on separate servers? So the rest of us dont have to wait for the event to finish to get the needed balance tuning? Please…

Now all you have to do is fix the drop-rate for it so that the rest of us peasants can have a chance to enyoy what’s left of this patch before we have to replace it.

February 16, 2024

Dungeons and Raids

• The Everbloom
    • Addressed an issue where Witherbark can reset during the encounter.
  • Throne of the Tides
    • Addressed an issue where Naz’jar Tempest Witch can cast Lightning Surge while mind-controlled.
  • Waycrest Manor
    • Addressed an issue where Pallid Gorger can ignore players and run away.
    • Reduced Pallid Gorger’s melee damage by 66%.
    • Heartsbane Triad
      • Added an additional safeguard to ensure Aura of Dread is removed.

Still happening. Screenshot from today… nope, not allowed to include or link anything.

Well, it is still happening. I am currently waiting for it to reset.

I gotta say it is pretty insane that this is still bugging out after years and years of reporting, countless forum posts about it here and elsewhere and multiple attempts of fixing it. Maybe add a check for a one-hit kill and if true just skip the whole thing?

The screenshot is on imgur with the URL ending in slash wS66CBf.jpeg

I guess that’s all I can do. sadge

EDIT:

I am now waiting with multiple characters. I won’t try again.

So effectively my chances on a Midnight drop are decreased by one third further from how little they were before. Given that this is one of very few things I actually still want to do in the game …

February 21, 2024

Classes

• Rogue
    • Outlaw
      • Fixed an issue with Echoing Reprimand that allowed Slice and Dice to trigger effects like Ruthlessness and Restless Blades as if spending 7 combo points.

Dungeons

• Waycrest Manor
    • Fixed an issue where receiving Aura of Dread can interrupt a player’s channel.

How can I express my disappointment:

1 month and a half with 0 class or dungeon tuning.

You guys were doing such a great job. Why stop now?

1 Like

actually true, they just stopped doing it… first they said it’s because of christmas but still no tunings at all

1 Like

I am gonna complain again because this is absolutely incomprehensible:

What is going on with SoD? WHY on earth do they get balance tuning paches all the time.

Retail… ZERO… what… is… going… ON !

PLEASE: Either start tuning again, OR, at-least communicate what your plans are.

February 26, 2024

Dungeons

• [With realm restarts] The maximum number of Follower Dungeons that a player can enter in a 24-hour period has been increased to 50 (was 10).
  • The presence of Followers in dungeons no longer decreases the XP earned by the human players.

Player versus Player

• Fixed an issue preventing Arathi Blizzard from being queued.

Hotfix DHs, who cares about Follower Dungeons :melting_face:

no mmr buff, just sad

Hello i like your idea

Weekly question:

You guys were doing an amazing job tuning specs and dungeons.

What happened for the past 2 months? Why do you leave us in the dark like this…

If you wont tune anything, atleast say that. And why.

MDI happened. (Tin foil hat)

Edit: I wonder why the only hot fixed we got were bug fixes after the MDI and/or streamers exploited them :thinking: