5-second freezes since 8.1.5

Same here!

Also been having this problem. Didn’t happen at all before 8.1.5.

Same problem here, no errors, just total freeze for 5 secs at a time.

1 Like

Can you tell me how blizzard is making money by producing not fun and entertaining game? I mean, in your opinion why people are still paying if they don’t like the game in its current shape?

4 Likes

Same here since patch day,
using:
8600k,
1060 3gb,
16gb Ram (2133).
Never had this issue before patch day, not even on the PTR

I searched the US forum a bit hoping an answer was given there, and I found this : https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/world-of-warcraft-8-1-5-graphics-api-details/121541

Explains why some people say it works with DirectX11 Legacy. They made a change here. If you were using DirectX11 then the change can be the issue and you’d need Legacy one. If you were using 12 already, since they made “some improvement changes” to it it might just be the issue too. Hope it helped people in the same situation… Haven’t been able to test myself yet, but finally found a post where a blue has marked it as official solution for now :
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/fps-drops-and-crashes/126446/3

4 Likes

Same issue here. It seems to happen very often after a loading screen too, entire game will lock up and freeze for a few seconds, but I know it isn’t all of my PC being too slow because my Youtube video on the other monitor and discord etc will continue to run normally.

2 Likes

Wondering if everyone here has an Nvidia GPU? My girlfriend has the same spec PC as me (and Directx 12) but is using an AMD GPU and isn’t having these issues.

From what I gathered of days of research it’s nvidia issue caused (in this case) by wow. I’d bet everyone else with this issue has nvidia. At least those with nvlddmkm issue!

5 Likes

Same issue here with an Nvidia card, Directx12. Hopefully it can be sorted soon!

1 Like

same, been fine up until 8.1.5 dropped now WoW just locks up having to Alt-F4 almost everytime.

getting this issue as well with a gtx 1060 + dx12 (i’m not going to drop back to dx11 legacy and sacrifice FPS for this)

had no issues whatsoever before the patch

pls do fix

2 Likes

Same with me. Since 8.1.5 dropepd getting lag spikes, can cast some spells then can’t do anytinhg. altf4 log back in fixes.

Same here i got one when i did the gnome quest and recently when i tried to get a flight to Stormsong vally just a few minutes ago. And i just got another crash lag whatever you wana call it after i finished a turtle quest.

Same thing has been happening to me since the patch and it’s driving me crazy. Certain places seem to be worse than others - the Garrison, strangely being one of the worst places.

I’ve noticed that the blues on the US tech forums have acknowledged the issues, but no one from EU has yet…

Same issue here, since the 8.1.5. Using DX12, drivers up to date Nvidia 960M

Same Here.
Details:
Used ProcessMonitor, ProcessExplorer, Taskmanger, EVGA’s HW monitor, and more tools…
Everything points to wow.exe makes my CPU package goes to close to 100% usage on most cores for like 5-10 second freezes.
Sound is OK. (doesnt skip a beat)
Video is OK. (power% even goes down(max FPS) because GPU is displaying the SAME FRAME for 5-10 secs)
Same issue with AND without addons.
Registry is OK.
Network is OK.
Its all pointing to most of the CPU Threads that are used by wow.exe itself.
Hope this info helps them narrow it down.
i5, GTX 960, 8G RAM, no OC

1 Like

Same here it’s never happend to me before even when i don’t have many windows up only like youtube and discord up.

Hiya all,

I’d like to have a close look into this with you all, but do need some logs to do this. If you still experience the 5-second freezes, start by going through the steps listed in the World of Warcraft Performance Issues Support article. You might have tried a few of these steps already, but please do go through all the steps thoroughly once more, and see if the freezes continue to happen. (Note, please do not install any addons or activate overlays while testing).

If that still does not help out, post your System Files so we can have a closer look into this. Please go through the steps listed here, and create both the MSInfo and DxDiag files. Post them on a page like Pastebin.com or share directly with us through OneDrive. Post the links here afterwards as Preformatted text </>, so we can have a look.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

about the overlays…
its pretty darn hard with any Nvidia card since its installed by default with Drivers/GeForce Experience, activated or not, we all know that the overlay dll is always running in background.
BUT, ty for feedback

1 Like