5-second freezes since 8.1.5

This is what happens to me several times. Loading in zones causes massive freezes since a recent patch (even open-world). It crashed twice on loading Dalaran for me as seen in the picture linked.

i [dot] imgur [dot] com/rqKHFn3.png

1 Like

Game freezes and spells are not responding properly lately.
When you cast a spell it takes between 1-2 seconds from the push registration (button marked with a yellow outline) to use an ability spell or sometimes cancels itself despite all conditions being met.

2 Likes

Have the same problem,yesterday in Underot,wow crashed and i had to log in again,and it happend also today in Underot.also while doing wq for a while the game freezes.

Also noticed this after a freeze: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I don’t know how much I can thank you. This solved all problems I have had since the new patch.:heart::heart::heart:

This post solved all my problems. Take a look on that Nenyasqi!!
Shadenox<Simply The Best>

45 posts

120 Human Rogue5000

6d

I searched the US forum a bit hoping an answer was given there, and I found this : https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/world-of-warcraft-8-1-5-graphics-api-details/121541

Explains why some people say it works with DirectX11 Legacy. They made a change here. If you were using DirectX11 then the change can be the issue and you’d need Legacy one. If you were using 12 already, since they made “some improvement changes” to it it might just be the issue too. Hope it helped people in the same situation… Haven’t been able to test myself yet, but finally found a post where a blue has marked it as official solution for now :
[https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/fps-drops-and-crashes/126446/3 ]

2 Likes

I had this same problem since the patch too. Haven’t played for a while now because it’s really puts me off, lagging every few seconds. I run Windows 7, with just an integrated graphics card though. I’m getting convinced I should just stop playing till I get a new PC :c

Glad I could be of assistance :wink:

What should i do to fix the lag i keep getting freeze and even when i restart the game it won’t help.

1 Like

happened to me 2 times today in dungeon :frowning:

1 Like

I see such a problem only when I play in high graphics settings

I’ve experience this mega lag once within 2 days, the issue is that after the lag, my textures gets all buggy and flicks colours all over the place. Same goes for my friends.

My experience isn’t making the game unplayable, not even close, but if u get it multiple times during a day I can see why its frustrating.

Thank you for this. I have been tearing my hair out for ages and this seems to have solved it, fingers crossed. Thanks again.

I am also getting the same problem, The game runs at a comfortable 100fps and the (usually in cities, opening profession tabs, spellbook, talents or misisons etc.)

The freeze is very irritating as it has occasionally caused my character to run off the end of a pier or fail that big jump from the top of the stairs to the ship runway :joy:

I’m still getting this, changed my DirectX version and still the same.

I’m having screen freezing issues now as well which only started happening yesterday and, oddly they are only happening during champion of azeroth wqs to collect azerite. I’ve never had these freezing issues in bfa before.

I spoke to another player having the same issue after asking about it in general chat and, like me, they also started having the freezing issue since yesterday. I’m pretty sure it has nothing to do with us or our pcs but, rather something blizzard has done that’s causing this issue to happen now.

This post on the US forums yesterday about the exact same issue confirms it’s something to do with wow itself https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/keep-having-game-freeze-for-a-few-seconds/145154

check your ram usage ,when my “free” memory is used up I get stutter,freezes.If you have pagefile (virtual memory) disabled game crash.For me my 8gb is barely enough with dx12

So how do i change from the DirectX12 to DirectX11?
Whould like to try and see if this makes any diffrence since i get theese mini-freezes all the time…

Hey Wixler,

You can change this within the game itself. From the game menu go into the settings and into the Advanced settings. You can change the Graphics API here.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Unsubscribed until this problem is fixed.
See you blizzard in 2-3 months, maybe, if I still have desire to waste my time on your broken in every sense entertaining product.