50 wins above 2.4 to get gladiator in bfa is a joke

Why you so obsessed with me, boy I wanna know

Hmm that 1,19% population, it seems fine to me to get Glad if you are top 1,2% of PvP playerbase. Its not like noobs get it unless someone boosts them and its not highest title you can earn after all.

Just saying, but if one day arena becomes so deserted that R1 cutoff is 2.2k and nobody goes above 2.4k, I’ll be having a very rich laugh and a slice of pie.

That will be the day, Glad becomes 50 wins on 2k+.

Lol deepdamp u are a hell of a Transmogg god haha

1 Like

I guess you’d also be fine if UEFA/FIFA/NHL (etc) doubled the amount of gold medals and silver medals awarded?

You need to be top 3,1% to get gold medal in UEFA or NHL :wink: Moreover Gladiator isn´t gold medal, it is silver.

Why bother with it

WoW already awards gold and silver medal for tournament, but ladder has nothing to do with it, so that comparison falls short, at least imo.

You guys treat glad and stuff like moses came down from the sky 15y or whatever long ago it was when tbc was released and set the rules for awarding them and whoever dares to challenge his believes should be executed right on the spot.

In Legion everyone was complaining that the gap between duelist and glad was too big, so blizz basically moved that gap to the higher bracket, so now the gap between glad and r1 is too big… Imo they should have just kept glad % based and implemented a new type of reward(s) for lower rankings, so that people have something to aim for, without having to push the top of the ladder, in order to receive anything at all, but they didn’t and now we are stuck with this system.

So what now? No matter what decision Blizz makes, glad will never be the same again. Even if they moved it back to the top 0.5%, we would still be left with a ton of people getting their first and only glad achievements in BfA and people would complain about that, aswell. This whole thing is doomed. Maybe it’s time to say goodbye and revamp PvP entirely. But no matter what’s going to happen from now onward, people complaining seems to be more inevitable than Thanos, so if I was working at Blizz, at this point I’d have stopped caring a long time ago and I mean that seems to be exactly what’s happened.

2 Likes

But i dont get some ppl here they talk about it but never done it even 2.4 50 win thing they didnt do it yet but complain why care why bother makes 0 sense

Could be different reasons, why would you care why they care? Just imagine you set top 0.5%/Gladiator as your goal to achieve, you learn stuff and try to improve just for blizzard to change it to 2.4/50 wins. There are still a lot of players that find satisfaction in getting their Gladiator, but for some others it probably feels as if something got taken from them.

2 Likes

Well I’d imagine he cares about why they care, because them caring could potentially affect him in the future.

I dont care about them i just ask there reasons

Have to say I prefer the old way of Titles, you get rewarded for what you did in the last season, being able to gain it mid season, idk it’s nice I guess for inpatient people but, the old way had nothing wrong it and as stated, you thought “dem” whenever you saw a Gladiator, not anymore.

How about no, but make a better mount for 2700+

No. There are thousands of teams in competition for the UEFA medals. Just like there are hundreds of teams in competition for the WC medals.

All of them don’t make it to the group stages.

NHL is a closed league, but sure let’s give the Stanley Cup to the 6.2% top teams instead of the 3.1%. That surely will go down well. What do you mean that’s ridiculous? I just doubled the amount of rewards? It’s only oneee more team, it’s nooooothinnnngg in the grand scheme of things. :wink:

Of course I don’t fancy you one bit, and the only reason I choose to go into debate with you is that you go into every single thread on PvP systems and ruin them with casual views that doesn’t represent in the slightest what the actual PvP community wants.

And since you do that in every single relevant thread if it’s left unchallenged it might actually give of the impression to outsiders, e.g. Blizzard, reading the Arena forums at a glance that we actually agree with you (since no one actually cba’s discussing with you).

Get a job, since you clearly seem to be lacking one (or maybe your employer should be informed about what you do all day when you’re supposedly working).

Of course you don’t find that among casuals that don’t participate in competitive PvP nor are anywhere near earning these achievements.

However, their opinions don’t matter.

I think you’d find that the opinion of people who don’t participate in content they discuss often have no clue about what feels good, is good, and nor will they agree with the people who actually participate in the content.

It’s 0.5% of the pool of players you’re playing against. Other than the Legion failure, which again, was a massive failure, but it was still better than a static rating requirement which says nothing about the difficulty to reach the reward - it could be super easy (EU) or impossible (Taiwan).

Teams or no teams, battlegroups or not makes no difference. Stop making up contrived and awkward arguments that you know makes no sense.

Ok, good to know you don’t care about PvP mounts so you haven’t noticed the massive influx of BfA gladiator mounts.

The old version could perfectly well be pursued, thank you very much. As knows everyone who ever tried to go for it.

The old Gladiator could have been improved to make it clearer in-game, sure. That however doesn’t mean they needed to implement this new horrible, devalued version instead.

Hope you’re prepared for a long asş reply that’s aimed to contradict your response

1 Like

eksdee

But it’ll fail enormously at doing so.

1 Like

What I meant by saying that the new design can be pursued (and indirectly that the old could not), is that the player isn’t at the mercy of Blizzard’s hidden time table.
If you want to try and get Gladiator today, then you can put in the time, and if you’re successful, then you’ll get it. And you know exactly what to aim for.

With the old design, you could put in the time, get a high rating, and still be left wondering whether it would be enough by the time the Season ended.
The target you we’re aiming for was effectively unknown, and you were basically competing until Blizzard decided to end the Season.

As far as the title being devalued, then I’ve said that it’s practically the same.
I’ll stand by that viewpoint, and I’ll elaborate as to the thinking behind it.

Let’s assume the following:
0.5% get Gladiator with the old design.
1.5% get Gladiator with the new design.

Let’s say 500 characters got Gladiator with the old design in a Season.
It stands to reason that 1500 characters would get Gladiator with the new design.

I assume you focus on that. It’s 3x as many!

But context matters, and that is my focus.

If 0.5% is 500 characters, then 100% must be 100.000 characters.
Ergo, if 500 become Gladiators, then 99.500 failed.

And if 1.5% is 1500 characters, and 100% is also 100.000 character, then if 1500 become Gladiators, then 98.500 fail.

So 0.5% is 500 versus 99.500, and 1.5% is 1500 versus 98.500.

What’s that in a context?

Well, take Camp Nou, the stadium of FC Barcelona. It has a seat capacity of roughly 100.000 people.
In that sea of people, would you ever notice the difference if the visiting team had 500 or 1500 fans cheering for them? No. The total, who are overwhelmingly Barca fans, dominate the image.

The same holds true with Arena. The amount of Gladiators is so low compared to the whole, that it still remains low, regardless of whether you double, triple, or quadruple it.

So that’s my perspective for saying that the old 0.5% and the new 2400 rating are practically the same.
Numerically they’re different, but in the context of the field of participants, you won’t notice it. The vast majority of seats remain filled by losers. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: Out of curiosity, how do you think the old Gladiator design could have been improved to make it more clear to people, that you would like?

1 Like

Jesus, you still here? lul