5/6 wins 0 cr

u do not understand i think tho

My CR was 1625:

My matchmaking value: 1622

Average Matchmaking: 1723

I won 4 games and got 0 rating for it… I have always got some ratings when i win more t han 3 games, esp when Average rating is more than mine…

Why is that?

Depends on the rounds you won, the rounds you lost, the MMRs of each player on the enemy team during every single round, and if you’ve been on a losing streak prior to that.

And since you can’t see the MMRs of each player in the scoreboard yet (coming soon™) it means all you have to go by is the result.

1 Like

screen or ain’t happen
if the average matchmaking is 1723 and u REALLY won 4 games you get 100% rating

if ur mmr is p*ss low and u get 4 wins you prob receive 0 points
but ur story is just bulls

It does make sense, because won rounds doesn’t mean anything on its own. There are several factors that calculate the rating. Your mmr, your cr and the team mmr / opponent team mmr in each round.

Imagine 1 solo shuffle is like 6 arena games. But instead of seeing +16 + 15 + 17 - 15 - 20 - 13 you might see after 6 arena games, you just see the 0 for the 3-3 in solo shuffle at the end of the game.

Because that wouldn’t take the mmr into consideration. Someone with a winratio < 50% would actually have negative rating.

“but ur story is just bulls”. Satisfied?

3 Likes

If you’ve got a thing for screenshots, then please share your reflex history of shuffles. Assuming you’ve got that addon, or something like it.

gyazo.c o m/ba2c36701c21400308ed601e61344fd7 didnt screen the mmr part but mine was 2097 and lobby mmr 2130 or so. This was 3rd game today with very similar result. Idk playing healer does not feel very rewarding, atleast when u play F tier healer.

4-2 = +20
2-4 = -40

3-3 = 0

the system is fked

7 Likes

If the matchmaking is that bad, that you have to play 6 rounds and even if you win 5, you get nothing, it is a bad design. I don’t care if invisible number I can’t see makes it algorithmically make sense, it feels like crap…you know, it’s a game, not a formula.

It should look at it on a per round basis then based on the amount of rounds won vs played (you know for leavers) calculate how much CR you get/lose but it just simply shouldn’t match you with people that your mmr is so different to that you get nothing if you have an 5/6 winrate. If you won 5 games of 3’s in a row and got nothing you would be absolutely seething.

This is rarely how it works though. If you’re playing with people at higher MMR you get loads more for a win. I did 2’s today with somebody whose CR was 200 higher than mine and got +40 a win and -7 a loss. whereas when I play with people my own I get +15 a win on average and -20 a loss.

If there was slight deviation like your example suggest it’d be okay, but it isn’t, although I do agree that 3/6 should be the breakeven in most cases.

We’re seeing a lot of 5/6 get 0, but 1/6 lose a huge amount. I’ve never seen anyone 1/6 and not lose a lot, so it not being true the other way is artificially capping peoples CR.

If you go: 5/6 5/6 4/6 3/6 2/6 you should still have a decent climb, not average out to like +20 overall, it’s dumb as hell.

Which is why I said a margin either side to account for MMR. Or they could adjust it on bracket, so your winrate has to increase with each bracket. Overwatch did a similar thing where you had a set amount for win/loss but it was adjusted based on how well you played etc. It also had win-streaks stacking SR, whereas loss streaks didn’t.

The fact that I can just go into a game with somebody 200 CR higher than me, win a couple of games and I’m practically caught up seems extremely flawed, whereas trying to climb with people my own rating just made me stuck.

The thing I find most weird about that one is the guy who won 3 gained 41? He got put up to practically the same CR as you…by winning one less game!

You shouldn’t advocate for “solutions” that causes other/more problems. It needs to make sense, on all kinds of levels. But there are improvements they can make to the current system, without causing other problems, which the game mode really needs.

Because the one recurring complaint we can all see, is that the way the current system works, is not popular with the players.

The cr of your teammate doesn’t matter. What matters is team mmr and your personal mmr.

Lets say, only as an example, that your mate had an mmr of 2k and you had an mmr of 1500. Then your team mmr would have been (2000+1500)/2 = 1750.

The queue system is now trying to match you with a team that is as close as possible to your team mmr. Lets say it found a team that is also exactly at 1750 mmr.

If your cr would be also at 1750, you would gain +16 points. But since your cr was only 1500, you will gain a lot more than that, probally around 27 points. Your mate on the other hand that had a cr and mmr of 2k would probably only gain around +5 rating for the win.

Rating gain and rating loss depends on the difference between team mmr / enemy team mmr, as well on how much your rating is away from the team mmr.

It’s not. Harder teams, based on their mmr, should give you more point for a win than weaker teams. The issue is, that solo shuffle isn’t exactly great to use a team based mmr, as you can be a great player but still have a disadvantage with the composition you have to play with.

There would be options to fix that, but that would need a lot of effort from the devs and I doubt that they want to spend that much time and work into it.

It’s a bit crap for a healer. We can keep you alive and help the dps when they don’t press defensives on the unholy one shot. But we can’t keep that 1 special player alive forever so we usually are stuck at 3/3 where everyone picks on that one player who isn’t very good or is the weak class.

Im going to raise you 5-1 anyone got a 6-0 rating unchanged?

1 Like

The trouble with all of this logic is it equates MMR to skill, which it’s supposed to do, but it doesn’t. There was little to no difference in composition of teams / playstyles when I played with people of my own MMR and people higher - It’s why Blizzard injects MMR later in the season, because everyone just stagnates (like is happening atm) as you need a much higher win rate if you’re playing at your own MMR than higher.

Wins stacking like in OW would help resolve the issue.

It is dumb, because it’s not fun, which is why several people in this thread are posting images of not getting any CR for 5/6s - A bracketed system which has a steady curve to reach higher brackets would be much better for solo (or any game mode where you have to play with Randoms)

I think the trouble WoW has over things like OW is that class (and spec, in SS) are very static, so some comps that you get put with in SS will, even if your MMR is the same or better just be much harder to play with. (like anything not Melee atm)

So many matches of SS i’ve played have just been “find out who the worst / squishiest person is and focus them”

The difference might not be extremely obvious of course, especially when the mmr difference is just 200 mmr, but it’s also an usual sign that you might don’t belong there, if you don’t see what people are doing differently. :slight_smile:

They implemented an inflation back in MoP I think, because people tended to climb the ladder at the season start and sit there for the rest of the season.

Personally, I don’t see a real issue with the mmr system. It’s not completely fair atm for solo shuffle, but that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t work the way it is.

Only healers might suffer a bit from it, due to healer shortage, so they will often get listed into lobbies and way lower mmr. That means they need to win a lot more rounds in that lobby, while they hardly being able to carry the game based on their role.

To fix that, they could just make sure that healers won’t get punished too much or get too much of a benefit, if they get listed into lobbies that are way different than their own mmr.

Because they don’t understand how it works. If you don’t get cr for 5/6 than you either played in a lobby extremely below your mmr OR, which is more likely for most dps crying about, they lost before like heavily mmr while their CR didn’t move as quickyl.

So lets say you were at 2200 cr / mmr. Now you lose 3 rounds in a row with 1-5. Your mmr will be at 1900 around, your cr still at 2k+. If you win 5-1 now, you would climb another 100 mmr, but your cr won’t move at all, as your mmr was 1900 but your cr > 2k. You don’t deserve to get rating for that, as you rating hasn’t been punished as much for the loss streak before.

Well, what do you expect? A completely different game where you just swap heros like you need them? Wouldn’t work in WoW!

Yep that’s why I won 80% of the games I played with the higher CR guy. Obviously there is a difference as you get higher, but the curve in 2’s is way steeper, which is why most people cap out at like 2k or w/e.

If you can’t see an issue with people consistently winning 5/6 rounds in SS and not having anything to show for it, then idk what to tell you.

The player doesn’t choose to do this! People should have a reasonable expectation that if you queue for a random game of solo shuffle and win you’re going to get rewarded for it. Why the hell should losing the previous round mean you get less push in the next?

I understand how MMR works, people can understand it and still not like it, because…it’s not FUN, it’s a game first, it’s meant to be fun. It just categorically is not fun to wait in a queue 20/30s, play 6 rounds and even if you manage to win 5/6 have absolutely nothing to show for it. The maths being technically correct do not dictate if it is fun or not.

No, I expect the game to either be more balanced or to somehow factor in relative comp difficulty based on the meta. (Yep, the latter is probably impossible to do effectively.)

The game shouldn’t match you with people who it thinks is a miracle if you beat OR match you with people it thinks you should stomp unless it can accurately determine that, which it can’t.

“You don’t deserve to get rating for winning a game because algorhim whose number you can see says so” is just poor.

Punish people when they lose, Reward them when they win, getting harder at a steady curve (like pretty much every other PVP game does) should be the bare minimum. Not "Ah well, you don’t actually deserve rating for this because you lost the last two games so we put you against an ““easier”” opponent "

He can obviously carry you, if he is usually playing at higher mmrs. :slight_smile:

I think even the top 2s player are currently not much above 2.2 mmr. Only if you really tryhard the bracket and play the most broken comps like Assa+Disc/Prevoker for example. It’s just a dead bracket mostly.

Based on xunamate we have currently around 12k 2s games a day. In 3s we have already the double amount of games and even that bracket is often called to be dead, because most people are just playing RSS.

That is barely happening at all. Only for healer it can happen and here I already told ya, that the system could be better.

I know, but that only happens to healer, not for dps. There are more than enough dps around your mmr. And here we go again, where I already said, that they need to fix the system for the healer!

The balance is a lot better than in previous expansions, because cc spam matters less and it isn’t as faceroll anymore. Not perfectly of course, but you don’t win per default anymore, just because you play fury or outlaw. But yes, a lot more rewards could and should be spec based, not only the r1 title.

That’s what I previously meant when I said, they could make the mmr system better. But this takes a lot of time, since they would need to basically track every single round in rss and make based on that a statistical probability of the team’s chances of winning.

But that will not happen. It will just take too much time and work and they would to keep it doing basically the whole time, as patch notes shift the meta here and there.

That is how Elo works. And you can see your mmr. What you can’t currently see is all the player mmrs, but for RSS that changes with 10.0.5 if I am not mistaken. Then you can see every single mmr on the scoreboard.

That is how this game worked for the past 15 years. You don’t like it and all other games are doing it soooo much better? Then why are you always coming back?

Never really had a huge problem getting into 1.8k before, 200 CR / MMR isn’t even that much. especially 1.3-1.5k

Seems to be several people posting it in this thread and i’ve seen it several times in SS i’ve played.

Well the internet and game have changed a lot in 15 years, so maybe the system should too. 15 years ago we didn’t have min/max analyses available to push the meta to the limit or pre-day 1 most OP builds etc.) It’s being noticed now because of SS and the massive deflation in People that’s caused in other modes (as well as PVP not being a viable way for gearing now.)

The system should simply focus on rewarding you for winning instead of punishing you more for losing - Hearthstone does it, Overwatch does it… I don’t expect them to be able to fine tune it based on current meta etc. but the weighting on some comps is pretty ridiculous.