5/6 wins 0 cr

And guess what? I’m not crying cuz i sucked a few games my mmr went down so much that it didn’t give me anything.

If you are someone who is complaining about 3/6 games or 4/6 games not giving you cr then congratz…You are garbage, try to win and fix your mmr.

10 Likes

5/6= 0 on current rating?

Dont tell me it means that thing…

The trouble is, is that it makes no sense:

2/6 = -40 or 0
3/6 = 0
4/6 = 0 to like 20
5/6 = 0 to like 20

If you consistently win 5/6 games your winrate is 83% Which is insane. it feels awful winning 4/5/6 and getting nothing, there is no way around that. Even a 50% winrate would not keep you stagnated.

SBBM / MMR is just badly implemented, if i’m being matched with people the same skill level as me, then I should be rewarded on a reliable scale for 3/4/5/6 wins That decays as you go up the ranks.

Currently the system just rewards you if you get on a winstreak to attempt to push people who “should” be higher up in scale, it doesn’t work in Solo shuffle, because of how matchups work. In the majority of games, someone wins 5/6 and somebody wins 0/6 or 1/6 - which simply means whoever has the good or bad person on their team is slanted to win/lose.

tl;dr MMR is flawed anyway, but in Solo shuffle it’s even worse.

7 Likes

just feels rly weird i cant figure out how it works

on some of my chars I’d be getting rly low gains if at all for going 3-3, but on my priest I swapped to holy last week for fun and climbed to 2k while going 3-3 almost every game with an odd 4-2 or 5-1 here and there, but I was still gaining steady rating, but my win rate is absolutely horrendous idk

I have no idea what it’s based on, Had you played holy on priest before? I assume it has some weird basis in previous PVP seasons you have done on that character / spec etc. (Seems spec based?)

My winrate is like 50-55% on my hunter and I get 0 for 3-3, 10 for 4-2 and -40 for 2-6 and like 20 for 5-1 Contrary to OP, it doesn’t matter if you “Just win” as a streak wont even break you out of it - I had a winstreak of 4/5/5/4 then a couple of 3s and I got up to like…1.5 i think, but a loss still did double the CR loss.

I don’t get why it wouldn’t be hard to something like

0/6 - -30
1/6 - -15
2/6 - -5
3/6 - 0
4/6 - 5
5/6 - 15
6/6 - 30

with a margin either side to account for when your MMR is much higher / lower.

It should be predictable, like literally every other games MM system is.

WoW’s current system has you hit a wall pretty quickly unless you just don’t lose. This season the wall seems much lower (Somebody told me this is due to the ladder having not stabilized yet.) Which would be fine, if the rewards weren’t tied to hitting a specific number, but they are…so those brackets should be reliable season to season.

I much prefer how games like Apex do ranking, where it starts off pretty easy, but then in later ranks you have to actively get a lot of kills / survive a long time to get positive points.

OP should be annoyed that their 5/6 win didn’t count for anything because they played badly in a couple of games beforehand, that makes literally no sense.

1 Like

MMR is kinda random i feel like got matched with almost 2k CR with an 600CR healer probably cuz it was 3am i insta /afk

did you hard stomp your first game/games?

cus I notice the same when I streak hard the first couple lobbies on fresh healers

went 6-0 then 5-1 on my alt shaman and was instantly placed in like 2.1k lobbies after that

1 Like

i was the 2k cr healer idk but he had gladxp and was a twink healer awell so i didnt see the need to play this out cuz with same skill cap it gonna become a 3:3 cuz DPS impact Games more cuz of Damp

but the fact he can get ranked with me and joink my Rating is just sad since them i didnt que on healer anymore solo shuffle playing an entire day 3:3 is just boring pve healing in a corner

but does your rating actually get screwed by them if their MMR is high?

like I play almost exclusively in 2200+ lobbies on my alt healers even though my CR is 1400-1800, I dont think I’m screwing the others in the lobby because my MMR is just that high from stomping low rated lobbies before

because they lose points or doesnt gain points while u gain alot of points?

same with dps i was on a lower MMR Lobby eLobby i win all 6 Games +20 Rating why do they even put me in … ven tho my last Game was in a 1,9k so i didnt lose MMR cuz i went positive out of that game aswell

Next Game 2k Lobby i win 2 gain 60 Rating every other DPS except the 6 Win guy lose aloooot

never experienced this if your mmr is near your CR. I always get alot of + when im winning more than 3 games.

People just dont understand how MMR works.

1 Like

Well…

there is no explanation of it in game + no way to actually see what it is, so why would they? This is the entire issue with MMR, is that it has such a huge impact but you can’t see it.

Fundamentally, if I win 5 rounds out of 6, I should get a good amount of CR.

thats what I mean, your gains are based off of your MMR not your current rating

so if I have 2200 mmr and 1600 CR because I’m like 16-2 from previous lobbies, why do you lose a ton of rating if your MMR is also around the same?

It’s still a crap system imo

Go 4/6 gain zero
Go 2/6 lose 50-70

3 Likes

^ That’s a way to fix it. Only Blizzard can fix it though.

i always get a good amount of CR when i win 5 rounds so i idk what people are complaining about

1 Like

Then you’re lucky, I don’t think i’ve ever got more than 20 for 5/6

People have said that there have been cases with 6 wins yet 0 cr gained (presumably some MMR gained at least, but that doesn’t really show until the next shuffle and they never commented on that part), and 5 wins yet 0 cr gained (which means they lost from that 1 loss just as much as they gained from 5 wins), and so on.

It’s not really viable for the game mode in the long run, people continue to show frustration, fatigue and distrust because of it which will continue to reduce the game mode’s popularity until it eventually dies out, however long it may take.

Hence why things needs to change for the better.

1 Like

100%, there should literally never be a situation where you win 5 or 6 rounds and get nothing, that’s idiotic. if the game can’t match you properly so that needs to be case, what’s even the point of playing?

1 Like

Which is why I made that thread linked to above, with a way to put in maximum amounts and minimum amounts won (and lost), to make it a bit more static and predictable, while not impacting the matchmaking (because the matchmaking is much more delicate than the CR system is).

1 Like