6 characters that inspired your OC?

Meow meow meow meow meow hello

These are probably the best characters that inspired Ash’tani the most. I know some are personality traits but nonetheless inspired.

https://imgur.com/a/4fjXpOP

EDIT

She-Hulk (Marvel)

Battle Sister (Warhammer 40K)

Azog the Defiler AKA The Pale Orc (The Hobbit)

Battle Sister Personality (Warhammer 40K)

Inquisitor (Warhammer 40k)

Holy Prelate (Hearthstone)

2 Likes

2 Likes
  • Liara (Mass Effect)
  • Solas (Dragon Age)
  • Varric (also Dragon Age)

And to a significantly lesser extent:

• LĂşthien (The Silmarillion)
  • Vaarsuvius (The Order of the Stick)
  • Elise Starseeker (Hearthstone)
4 Likes

Well… here is mine.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/778941157395922958/796450166679797760/Zag_traits.jpg

2 Likes

1 Like

Primarily:

• Beowulf (Tolkien Translation)

• Boromir (The Lord of the Rings)

• Thel’vadam (Halo)

2 Likes

https://imgur.com/a/4B42LrF

2 Likes
  1. Robocop
  2. The Terminator (Arnie) in the second movie

All I can think of

1 Like

Okay here we go boys! Serious take this time:

• David Tennant’s version of Doctor Who
  • Poe Dameron from the new Star Wars movies we all drunk to forget
  • That one zombie lady from the promotional art of Red Dead Undead Nightmare

And some others I will come back to this when I remember them!

4 Likes

im not sure if i can post this one. dont know what the rules are about shirtless pics

When I made Zen he was my first senior character, and it’s interesting to think about how you play a character who has, for the most part, already gone through most of the development, trials and challenges that made them the person they are.

So the inspirational soup that brought Zen to being started as a stock pot mix of every old retired master / teacher character from various different media I’d been exposed to over the years. To pick out six, though:

Genryusai Yamamoto from Bleach
Gouken from Street Fighter
Iroh from The Last Airbender
Pai Mei from Kill Bill
Albus Dumbledore from Harry Potter
Master Roshi from Dragon Ball

Plenty of others as well, though I suppose they were the first six I thought of when it came to elderly, powerful figures in a teacher role.

2 Likes

For Atahalni specifically, I created him from a mix of 3 archetypes.

• Gul’dan, for his sinister and outcast nature among his people, as well as being deformed. I wanted a character that was naturally disliked by others, who was in part a product of things outside of their own control and who chose to take that vengeance upon not only those that wronged him but also everybody else.

• Agent Smith from the Matrix series. I had to think for a real long while what made Atahalni tick- What drove him forward. Vengeance and power alone seemed like such spent concepts that I didn’t want to just pursue them: I wanted him to have a real philosophical conclusion and deep thought about his place in the world and what he wants. Realizing that he was cursed to a life of misery from the moment he was born, and that if he chose to take the abuse, he’d died miserably, and even when he chose to fight back, his life was suffering and pain all the same, nihilism really took root in him hard and he started to spite the very world he lived in. Like Agent smith, he wants to end it all because that’s the only real meaningful thing left to do when the system condemns you into such a fate.
    –
  • Scar from the Lion king. Disney’s always been really good with their villains and making them relatable, even if they were irredeemable in the end. Now that I had one character archetype for the backstory of my character, another to explain his actions, I needed one character archetype to showcase how he acts out those desires and actions on the world. Scar’s, like Atahalni’s, prime sin is envy. Envy for the great and goodness everybody else has and lacking it themselves- So he uses clever words, wordplays and scheming and plotting to get what he wants. Even among his own people in the loyalists aren’t entirely sure what he really wants or if he’s even aligned with them in the end.
3 Likes

Snorlax
Hank Moody(Californication)
Colombo
Tony Soprano

3 Likes

Kreia (KotOR II)
Amon (Legend of Korra)
Niccolo Machiavelli and his The Prince
Thomas Hobbes and his Leviathan
Darth Vader
Aaravos (The Dragon Prince)

2 Likes

Honestly it’s more or less the entire WoD expansion that drove my inspiration for Vakosh. It gave me an insight into the orcish clans (and the desire to read up on the Draenor lore in general), which set a spark of orc-inspired ideas.

If I had to drop a few names, it’d basically be some of the orcish Warchiefs and heroes - Grommash, Broxigar, Dranosh and so on. Add a sprinkle of Lorewalker Cho to the mix (Vakosh does love his stories, embellished or not) and that’d be more or less it.

2 Likes

I remember having done this for my chars a couple of months ago.
I feel like Lyth’s is the least interesting out of the 4 I had at the time, I might update it later, but here they are;
https://imgur.com/a/BVgJLnX

EDIT:
I thought I might make this post at least a bit interesting to read and give a few short sentences for each inspiration character.

Starting with Lytherael;

• The Prince of Persia; Appearance. I just really liked his looks in Warrior Within and tried making mogs to RP in somewhat similar to that. There’s also a bit of his more goofy side in Sands of Time in him, but we’re going to talk more about that later.
  • Geralt of Rivia: Now, I know everyone, their dog and their uncle is using Geralt as a voice or appearance reference, but Lyth was more inspired by his lifestyle. Travelling around the world alone, defeating monsters is pretty much how I imagine post-Legion demon hunters to be like.
  • Marko Hietala: The beard. Yup, the beard.
  • Edward Kenway: Now, this guy had a lot of influence on Lyth, he’s not only my voice reference for him, but a lot of his pre-illidari backstory was inspired by me playing AC: Black Flag. His non-chalant, self amusing humour was also a very important creative reference when deciding how I want Lyth to act.
  • Connor Kenway: I liked his brutal, no quarters given fighting style with the tomahawk and dagger in AC3. My original idea for him was to have only two weapons (an axe and shortsword) to keep mirroring Connor’s brutality with the axe, but since then I started matching them more for his mogs, which I think is a good stylistic choice if your char’s weapons don’t hold sentimental value, but if one looks at Connor fighting with a sword, yeah, that’s still pretty savage, so it works.
  • Champion Gundyr: Gundyr is the second character that was a huge inspiration for my combat emotes, his way of using his body in a fight, with grappling, kicks and shoulder bashes, it’s something you’ll also see Lytherael do if you see him fight in melee.

Khaly;

• Tali: I drew a lot of inspiration from Tali’s personality when I made Khalyndriel. I was playing a really pumpous, overconfident (quite frankly, a bit of a diva) character before her, and wanted to do something different this time, so I thought, which character is really competent, but also inexperienced and has a tendency to be somewhat nervous? I went with Tali at the time, but funnily enough, it turned out, both of them developed a fair bit of confidence later down their archs.
  • Rayla: I’ve been looking for a character that’s good hearted, a competent fighter, and isn’t afraid to goof around to draw inspiration from for further developing Khaly when I hit a creative block with her. When I’ve watched the Dragon Prince, Rayla instantly became my favourite, and such a well written character is not only a joy, but also very easy to draw inspiration from.
  • Lohse: Her positive energy, directness in her welcoming and humorous nature is how I’m trying to portray Khaly towards people she doesn’t mistrust or dislike. Also, singing.
  • Sun Wukong: This is probably the most controversial character, because Monkey inspires about 90% of characters that could be described as humorous and are fighters. But that also makes it an easy pick, Khaly’s impulsive goofiness doesn’t per say, only come from Monkey, but it’s a good reference point for how she’s sort of supposed to be like in action.
  • The Prince of Persia: Parkour, also dual wielding curved swords.
  • Leliana: Singing, archery, voice.

Thayne:

• Ifan ben-Mezd: Not gonna lie, when I was making Thayne, I was playing Divinity OS2 and had a bit of a crush on Ifan, so he was a pretty large part of my creative process, although Thayne has a bit more of a cold barrier on before he becomes caring and attentive, while Ifan is almost instantly likeable, they’re still fairly alike deeper into their archs.
  • The Hound: I wanted Thayne to have a scar. I didn’t want it to be the clichĂ© cut across the eyes/lips, so I went with this.
  • The Demon Hunter: No, not Valla. I’m still salty about Blizzard not putting Robin Atkin Downes in HotS. Anyway, a fair bit of Thayne’s fighting style is from Diablo 3’s DH. Acrobatic archery along with a brooding presence is right on point for him.
  • Vengarl: That Yorkshire accent. :ok_hand: Absolutely gorgeous.
  • The Prince of Persia: As one can see, I draw a lot of inspiration from the Prince. This time, it’s more during his arch in Two Thrones.
  • Alexios: I know he’s canonically Deimos, but I really like his Eagle Bearer version’s more shouty, furious, “come at me!” moments. They were good inspiration when I had to write Thayne’s entropic embrace fighting emotes.

Xanah:

• Xana: Your demon buddy in Dark Messiah was the foremost inspiration for this char, especially since she was at first meant to be a sort of quest giver NPC for events. Xana being the tutorial lady throughout most of the game fit that very well. I’m also very convinced she’s the more morally acceptable choice to make over Leanna, but I won’t get into that on this forum. Also, the name. Yes, I was lazy.
  • Yennefer: A lot of Xanah’s sass is in Yennefer’s style, her more confident/defiant moments also come from Yen, although if you get to know Xanah, the similarities will be less and less apparent.
  • Lilith: Here, I mean more the Lilith in Richard A. Knaak’s Sin War book trilogy, rather than any other source of lore about the Daughter of Hatred. Especially in the first book, the concept of a lady-like demon sidekick guiding the hero on his journey, just as with Xana, is something I’m trying very hard to make work.
  • Morrigan: Just as with Yennefer, I drew inspiration from Morrigan’s sense of humour and mannerisms.
  • Hel: Her appearance is the most defining factor she made it on the list, but she had a bit of a hand in the base concept as well, less on the demon sidekick side, we already have two for that, but in the “appears evil, has an evil job, should be evil, is destined to be evil, but is actually not pure evil and has more complexity than that” way.
  • Margaery: Behaviour, attitude, appearance. Xanah very often acts like a highborne lady, with a fair bit of sass and smarts, so she fits pretty well.
1 Like

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/665574753381384212/717016187266924584/unknown.png

Got this one for my old mage

For Fearless I got

Hector Barbossa & Joshamee Gibbs (PotC)
Baldur (God of War)
The TF2 soldier
Jean Rasczak (Starship Troopers)
Soldier 76
Darth Vader
Duke Nukem
Hulk Hogan
Nux (Mad Max Fury Road)

4 Likes

The current iteration of Balth is a mixture of Markus Kruber, a knight of the blazing sun with a tinge of Ciaphas Cain.

1 Like

For Zee i’m not sure theres 6.

Mulan - Disney
Zee has the I won’t give up, I have to protect what matters vibe i always got From the original Mulan.
Bella - Disney
Zee likes to read and doesn’t follow the crowd, She also has a love of animals and a kind caring nature.
Sorcha - Warmachine
When Zee is angry she can be very much like Sorcha 1, Plus i just love Sorcha so had to hide some elements of her in Zee.

1 Like