70$ for the deluxe edition... for a 14 year old game

It actually is “nothing”, it is optional. Nothing in my eyes.

2 Likes

Literally stockholm syndrome going on here

10 Likes

Nobody is forcing you to buy.

Bro just because we don’t all raise our pitchforks and light our torches over an optional purchase doesn’t me we have stockholm syndrome… :roll_eyes:

Why even bother posting?

2 Likes

and with this attitude, Blizzard is free to add as much MTX garbage to their game.
Don’t be surprised when they add another one, and another one. And another one and down the line, one of them will be flying.

Slippery slope, and expecting Blizzard to “respect” your game without adding onto the MTX is pretty freaking naive.

5 Likes

They are free to add as much MTX to this game as they like because surprise surprise it’s OPTIONAL jesus christ how dense can you be…

I expect them to maximise their profits like any normal functioning adult would so the idea of them trying to squeeze more money from people really isn’t that surprising.

What surprises me is how all you people can be so gullable every single time.

It’s a business and any businesses goal is to maximise profit with the least amount of effort and this does exactly that.

8 Likes

Whip your own consumer and customer’s back is the way to go if you want to continue supporting Blizzard it seems.

What a life.

Asjon, did you play on private servers by any chance?

I think their attitude to MTX is colouring your attitude towards Blizzards, who only ever add cosmetic stuff to it.

Well, except for the boost that is.

2 Likes

“because it was okay in private servers, Blizzard should do it”

You’re forgetting that private servers were free to play also. I didn’t play them because they were a waste but I wouldn’t be surprised if this caused a massive fall out again.

I’ve lost some friends already to warmane.

1 Like

I’ll continue playing the game I’m paying for and won’t get angry over the idea of them attempting to make more money by offering optional content that adds/takes away nothing from the game.

1 Like

Classic was suppose to be about the game being the way it was before ESPECIALLY before Micro transactions. People said they wanted some changes to Classic TBC. But not these kind of changes.

They can’t help themselves. Any move to milk more money. The boost is horrible practice for Classic. Even cosmetic micro transactions ruin the value of the limited mounts in the game. Because it was a prestige when you hit those milestones with your character in classic. Now their adding a boost and a micro transaction store into TBC. People are angry because this was one of the main reasons they wanted to get away from modern wow.

16 Likes

I actually agree with you whole heartidly that it does take away from the fact that mounts like ashes or Netherwing drakes were unique because of how you got them and simply dropping money will essentially achieve the same thing.

My issue is this idea that people keep pushing that were somehow forced into buying it when we clearly aren’t.

The 58 boost/mount shouldn’t have been a thing but if the community feels that strongly about it then not many will buy it and perhaps Blizzard will see that MTX’s don’t work in classic.

You’re defending Blizzard’s actions for free and not only are you doing it for FREE you’re also advocating them for this change.

Just get out my man. Leave and continue playing. Like I said, it won’t bother you. So what are you doing here exactly?

Then speak up for god’s sake. You’re practically blindly agreeing with Blizzard and their decisions.

3 Likes

Again i’m not defending blizzard i’m pointing out the obvious which you’re clearly too dense to see.

You actually accused me in another post of lying about signing a change.org petition for Nostalrius and you expect me to take anything you say seriously? :joy:

Edit: The petition was actually Nostalrius hoping to get Blizzard’s attention for Classic.

Just figured i’d mention before you tried using that as some kind of leverage :joy:

2 Likes

It’s a good thing we’re on the same level then because I can’t take anyone seriously that defends these practises.
We both know they’re a business and that their goal is to make as much money as possible, but some of us are speaking out against the milking and their behavior about it.

I agree it’s shameful but at the same time if you’re running a business you really don’t give a damn about the customer’s aslong as the money keeps rolling in.

If the Classic community is that strong against the idea of MTX then when it launches there won’t be many sales and then Blizzard will see that MTXing in Classic simply doesn’t work.

Which we both know it will work because people have money to burn.

Took you long to say that.

Well that depends entirely on how much cost and time investment they did on the mount. If only 100 people buy the mount and the cost to make that mount is below that revenue, than it’s a success already.

So down the line, you can expect more and more and soon you’ll be playing an old school version of retail.

I mean I dont know about you but I pretty much knew it was just a matter of time because the market is constantly moving and Blizzard won’t just sit back and be content with making X amount when they know Y amount is very possible.

Are you aware the store mount is 100% speed at level 40?

1 Like

From my understanding that isn’t actually confirmed and that’s just something on the beta but we all know that thing’s on beta can be changed and have been changed before release.