8.2: Prepare for the worst PvE Gear yet

I’m serious. This is a good warning. Some of the MANY things to come will be beyond broken in PvP.

Prepare to get death lazored by a trinket that deals 21k damage every 0.5s for 2.5s.

Prepare to see insane heals or even death prevention mechanics.

These things will prove a balancing NIGHTMARE if Blizzard decides against disabling these entirely for PvP.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=291157/heart-of-azeroth-essences-all-revealed-major-and-minor-powers-in-patch-8-2-rise-

These are some of the essences known so far. R̶e̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶e̶n̶d̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶q̶u̶a̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶e̶s̶s̶e̶n̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶w̶e̶l̶l̶ Nvm, those are just for fancy animations.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=291154/customizable-trinkets-in-patch-8-2-rise-of-azshara-pocket-sized-computational-de

As I said… these trinket effects alone will rule PvP if not accounted for. This is WotLK Shadowmourne, Cata Rogue Daggers etc levels of broken.

All these new systems combined will make PvE even more mandatory…

And you thought Opulence was crazy… or that the crucible of storms will be crazy.

There’s only the big waiting game left to be played… I know this is really early. But seeing Blizzard’s slow (or not existing) reactions thus far… yeah this really feels like impending doom.

12 Likes

Broken is what this game needs, look at mists of pandaria it was a nightmare people were literally drop kicking each other and doing huge damage with huge numbers of mechanics per class it was Fun. Let it play out, things will get nerfed in PVP accordingly. This game needs some spice so that my 123 rotation + CC/interrupt isnt the only thing my PVP consists of.

3 Likes

While I agree with this, I don’t think adding too many layers onto it through items/ gear alone is the way to go.

But yeah we’ll see how it will play out. I’m two-faced on this. One part of me is excited for what is to come, the other afraid it will not turn out how we want it to turn out…

We need variety for the game to have plenty of counters to counter stale meta, GW2 could of done this well if they didnt power creep the new specs repeatedly.

Not a single line about pvp balance in the 8.2 announcement. Blizzard officially gave up on pvp.

2 Likes

I agree with this. Maybe it gets OP and strong but it already sounds interesting. Maybe if this happens frustration will come for those who lose but those who will wreck will have joy.

Let’s see what happens (:

they said essences will be fully active in pvp :joy:

3 Likes

I’d imagine there will be essences obtained from pvp either, so time will tell what those are and what they can do. Also this could at least help some bad specs.

If there are no essences obtained through pvp and at least equally powerful, they would be basically, officially and completely murdering PvP.

3 Likes

i guarantee you that they wont be able to balance this shiit and we will have an absolute fiasko in arena when 8.2 comes out. I am 100% sure. Good thing is that the meta cant be worse than now lol. I only hope i dont have to do even more PvE in order to compete

1 Like

Dont challenge them.

8 Likes

It will be the current meta just with these items.

1 Like

Long live our tank overlords!

Im seeing shadowpriests being borderline retarded with the crit essence but lets see.

They didnt show everything.

1 Like

I rather like when things are explosive and impactful and the pace of combat is fast and there’s always the imminent danger of dying at any moment, and that sometimes you can pull off some really cool and insane wtfpwnd moments.

I’ll take Shadowmournes, Dragonwraths, and crazy Heart of Azeroth traits over stat templates, disabled trinkets, and reduced Azerite traits any day.

The formulaic, slow-paced and controlled PvP gameplay where everyone just pokes each other with no fear of dying until more people join in, dampening stacks high enough, or someone runs out of mana, is not fun or exciting.

I want insane powers and being able to grab the Berseker buff in Warsong Gulch and blow people up whilst feeling like a crazy overpowered God.

The gameplay is much more fun when the offensive potential is far greater than the defensive potential. Then the eSport balance concerns can go to hell as far as I’m concerned - though I honestly think it’s more fun to watch Arena tournaments where the gameplay is wild and people do crazy damage, rather than falling asleep as nothing happens because the dampening has yet to stack high enough for anyone to be able to do anything.

Bring on the overpowered Heart of Azeroth traits! :+1:

4 Likes

Smdh
10 char

same, aslong as there is room to outplay.

There is not much room to outplay when certain classes benefit a lot from explosive meta. Usually those that can pin you down and 1 shot you before you have the ability/resource to react.
We’ve seen this before, people don’t like being killed without being able to respond either. Neither they like the super long dragged boring games.
There must be a balance, something Blizzard have shown to be incompetent to achieve at at least relatively good state.
Nothing in what was shown makes me think thing will be better, it just screams “broken”, just in another level.

yes i agree but you dont know if these essences will just “destroy”… people gotta be patient on this one.

Imo, and i guess im bias, but the game is better when Affliction, Uhdk’s, Arms warriors, sub rogues are decent.

It keeps in check some of the retardedness like melee/wizzard cleaves.

Usually when MW (crane) or WW monks are a bit overtuned meta is bad, this is what ive seen last couple of years.

But again, i might be bias.

:roll_eyes:

This is boring and there’s probably only 7 people who truly enjoy this:

This is fun and the kind of PvP that embodies the fantasy of WoW:

The community’s outspoken desire to balance around mediocrity over the years is probably the one thing that has caused the most damage to PvP, in my opinion.

Balance is a crap goal to aim for. The suggested measures to make PvP balanced are always measures that end up making it boring and dull and uneventful. Nothing fun has ever come out of disabling aspects of the game, or tuning things down, or otherwise equalizing everyone and making things mediocre. It just makes it boring.