8.2 week 3 disappointments

Mechagon is mythic only - guess I am not going. If something does not have a queue, it might as well not exist. I am not going to spend time getting into manual groups, this is too time-consuming and unfun. Many of us get enough BS dealing with people on the day job, in the game I want to relax, not people-skill my way into instances.

Heroic warfronts require a group - not going. Same reason, if something does not have a queue, it might as well not exist.

Raid is opened, but LFR is not available yet - well, you guessed it. Guess no raid for now. Why the time gate by the way? Previously the reason was that super-raiders would queue into LFR and get oh-so-very-powerful gear, so let’s disable LFR so they don’t feel “forced” to do it. Is this reason still valid? Because I think LFR gear got pretty terrible since, I don’t know, Legion.

Nice, right? I really don’t get why Blizzard are doing what they are doing above.

29 Likes

I think single player games suit you better. Try divinity: original sin 1 & 2, they’re both excellent single player RPGs.

59 Likes

All the things you mentioned were known for months.

9 Likes

blah blah blah :roll_eyes: that’s how i read this post. Instead of spending time writing this post, you could have made or found a group for the new dungeon - but i guess complaining is better?

18 Likes

WoW is at its easiest, most casual point in history and you’re still complaining.

27 Likes

This…

Do what others do. Join a guild or community and group with like minded people. Since i joined the community/guild I’m in i have no end of keys or raids to run. Its not difficult to form a group =)

2 Likes

had at least a good laugh reading your post OP thank you.

3 Likes

I think single player games suit you better!!!

5 Likes

Now you are just being utterly ridiculous. EVERYONE knew that Mechagon would be Mythic only and LFR wings have always been the last to open. Pack it in. Seriously. You’re just proving what a spiteful tiresome child you are.

But more fool us for giving you attention. Last time I’ll ever be replying to your drivel, let alone actually reading it.

5 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion of single player games, but this does not answer my question - why the hell are Blizzard doing what they are doing above? This isn’t making the game better. All this does is deprives it of players. The game already lost like 70% of the players, well, they are just going to lose more, what they are doing isn’t helping.

I get that you are being snarky, but just in case you are serious - the things you juxtapose aren’t interchangeable. First, I am not writing this from home, got a spare minute at work to check news / patch / bla bla bla, but even that aside - I don’t want to be finding groups. I am way past it. I have been playing WoW for a long time and in TBC / WotLK / Cata / MoP I was finding groups, but those times have passed. Finding groups takes a lot of time and it is not enjoyable in the least, so, no thanks, not doing it.

What do I care that everyone knew? First, no, not everyone knew, the proportion of people who care about the game enough to keep track of all news is miniscule, so you are just wrong point blank. Second and more important, why does it matter that this was known (by some)? Is it good or not? I posit that it is not. The end.

3 Likes

Do you have anything to say on the subject? Insults are not terribly interesting.

Yes, I don’t like BFA. Go figure. Not many people like it, should I add.

I said all I had to say, you sum up literally everything that’s wrong with the WoW player today.

Truly revolting.

Cheers.

12 Likes

You literally pay a sub mmo but have no interest in being part of a mmo community. Seriously you should quit right now tbh. Also pulling numbers our of thing air with your 70% get out of here. The WoW community in general always read sites like WoWhead and mmo champion. Heck it evens mentions stuff on the official blizzard site.

Raid finder had been locked behind a delayed time for many xpacs. Challenging content requires premades, comms and working together. This isn’t call of duty. That seems more of your playstyle.

9 Likes

God forbid you have to have any form of social interaction in an MMORPG.

This kind of whining is what brought WoW to the state it is today, and what’s funny is that LFR heroes and mute bots are still whiney as ever.

4 Likes

Yes, people have no interest in forming manual groups, not sure what’s so surprising about it. This has been going for a long time, playing habits change over time, the age of manual communities came and went, people now play games differently. You can strike poses and say “then this game is not for you”, but all you achieve by doing this is making the game lose players and bringing its end closer. You are just being self-destructive here.

The 70% comes from a very charitable estimate on the current number of subs - we used to have more than 10 mil, I estimated - very charitably - that we now have 3 mil. We likely have much less.

Raid finder was being delayed for a long time now - sure. I am asking why. The original reason stopped holding years ago. So, why? Do you have an answer?

Same for other two points - why? Why is Mechagon mythic-only? Why are heroic warfronts manual group-only? All this accomplishes is that fewer people do it. If the big idea is that forcing people to make manual groups will make people who weren’t grouping before start grouping and graduating into mythic+ and higher-difficulty raids, then no, this is not happening and will not be happening. See GC, for example, it was known that this is not happening and will not be happening years ago. It was corroborated multiple times in other games too. All those restrictions achieve is make fewer people do content. So, the devs develop content and then instead of making that content usable by all max-level people, they only make it usable to a portion of it. Well, guess what, the other portion has less to do and has less reasons to stay in the game. That’s all that is achieved. My question is why the hell do it? This is stupid.

3 Likes

Exactly how I feel.

Totally the same.

I don’t mind that much. I’m not looking forward to this raid. I do want to see and experience the content, once. But that’s it. So, I’m fine with waiting. To be honest all of the raids in BfA have been very meh to me. I still haven’t even finished Uldir, because there’s hardly any lore reasons to do so as an alliance player.

3 Likes

Apart from m+ and raids which are the biggest bits of content in the game. All through forming groups manually…

5 Likes

Why do you play the game? play something else.

3 Likes

How many people are doing M+? 20%? How many are doing it more than once per week for chest? 1%? That’s abysmal for the feature that is supposed to be central.

Raids are even less in terms of participation. The vast majority of participation is LFR, too.

The biggest bits of content in the game are leveling and world quests. Incidentally, don’t require grouping.

4 Likes

Play some single player games try Gothic games.

1 Like