8.2 week 3 disappointments

Biggest bits how exactly? Participation wise? If you don’t include LFR (which DOES have automated queueing), no it’s not even close to the biggest.

5 Likes

I had the pleasure of tanking it this morning. It was hard and took us about 3.30 hours to complete. This is no place for PUG, at least for the first weeks. I had lot of fun, nobody knew what to do other than reading the guide boss by boss and the sense of the unknown was amazing.

You don’t want to do it cause it’s mythic only? Well that’s on you, it’s not mandatory. I love the fact it feels like a 5 man raiding since I skipped legion and I haven’t been online to do karazhan.

I love this dungeon! So challenging!

7 Likes

I don’t know a single person in this game who would subject themselves to LFR.

Communities in this game are divided - You get people who refuse to participate in getting to know people and probably join group finder in the hopes of finding someone new to call a noob.

Then you get the people who enjoy the group content, stay away from random dungeons/LFR due to salty lone wolves and meet new people via social interactions, raids and mythic+

Looks like you need to make a decision as to which one you are, however your posts reek of the former.

4 Likes

It’s an mmo. The only disappointment is you OP

5 Likes

To be fair as new content finding custom groups is ridiculously easy for mechagon. I found a group within 1 minute of 9am with randoms. Custom groups are so much easier than they used to be in classic. You simply sign up and see if they take you. No whispers required. The only bit you have to “work” is making sure you have the required ilevel or whatnot the dungeon generally needs so people actually accept your sign up. This is no different to making sure you’re ready for heroics.

I was initially hesitant about trying mythic in bfa. I’d only come back to wow since Legion after playing up to mop. I’d totally lost all my community links. I was a solo player. But hell, it’s actually ridiculously easy to do. I’ve managed to pug up to 10 mythics on my main mythic char np. No interest in going beyond that.

The only thing I’ve found I’ve needed a guild for or whatever is raiding outside of raidfinder. I’m not reliably available at weekends so I’m cool with sticking to LFR.

Seriously, try using the custom group finder, it’s not difficult. You might be waiting if you’re a dps, but that’s no different to Qtimes as dps is it? Just sign up to every group you want.

3 Likes

The thread already contains like ten insults and trollish suggestions to try other games, yet still not a single answer as to why the hell are those stupid restrictions necessary. What purpose do they serve? I think lack of answers speaks for itself.

1 Like

Because its actually pretty hard, and pugs will fail, thats why.

1 Like

:joy:

15 Likes

I did the same this morning. Didnt finish it due to time (we got to 2.5 hours). Our dps was a, bit low tbh, but otherwise I echo your sentiments. That learning experience is fun, new Challenges are fun. The dungeon felt tense because we were learning on the go. And yes, it was tough. Felt like a mini raid. Can’t wait to try again hopefully with slightly smoother dps.

1 Like

Look, all due respect. I am not a noob. I know how this works. I know how to get into groups and how to keep getting into groups. I used to do this for years. But this comes with a cost in terms of time and the social dances. I do not want to do this, this is not fun. That’s all. It’s not that I don’t know how, it’s that I don’t want to. (And if your reply to this is - ‘then this game is not for you’, read my other posts, all this stance does is makes the game go down.)

3 Likes

pugged it this morning (well first 6 bosses since i only had 50 minutes).

pretty doable and easy ill be honest

so does sitting in lfr queue

2 Likes

Then add requirements in terms of ratings and gear. This is a solved problem.

Imagine playing an MMORPG and moaning about making groups lmao.

6 Likes

No, you’d find a way to moan about that too. You’d lack ilevel or whatever rating the system deemed fit wouldn’t suit you.

4 Likes

No, that’s just you trying to be contrarian and not having anything material to reply with. I would be happily playing at whatever ilvl / rating I would end up with. Because guess what - because it would provide me with the correct difficulty.

1 Like

almost 4m individual characters did timed runs in season 2 of BFA. Thats JUST timed runs. Yeah there’s alts there sure but even if you have 4 alts (not unusual). thats 1m individuals running timed m+ in season 2 (so 1/3 of the player base if the roumers of a ~3m playerbase are true)

Also 17,677 guilds cleared normal BOD. cba to look at heroic/mythic.

all on raider io website.

You cannot deny that m+ is overwhelmingly the most frequented content in the game bar quests/world quests/dailies

3 Likes

No, you didn’t. You were part of a group where skill and gear had been vetted, not queue up randoms, theres a big difference.

really hate when i cant just wake up at the morning press 7 keys on my keyboard and win game??? HOW I WIN DIS GAME?? AAA

can we add “mechanic dodger” queue as well? so when it pops it dodges mechanics for me? -__o really hate when i gotta dodge stuff

I said, I pugged it, as mentioned above.

6 Likes

Hey there bub. I kept my tone pretty civil, so no need for the unnecessarily defensive spikey tone. I wasn’t making a veiled “noob” post or such, I was simply replying to your post theme and made no assumptions about your experience , so kindly don’t come back at me like I’ve done otherwise because thats just looking like some wierd paranoia on your part.

I fundamentally disagree on your references to “time invested in Social graces” what? I’ve never had to engage in long conversation With people to get a group in GF. Same for during said mythics really. When I’m pugging we’ve only talked generally to confirm BL uses or buffs, or cc marks if needed. Hardly social strain. I don’t see what you’re talking about. It’s perfectly possible to pug GF without any social nicities at all. It makes it easier if you do chum up with people to get friends for the future, but it’s not necessarily needed. I should know I’ve done it enough times.

2 Likes

Almost 4m characters converted to players for the metric of “I did at least one timed run in a season” is very low. After conversion to players removes 2-3m, remove those who didn’t stay for the entire season, then divide the rest by 3-4x to remove those who tried once or twice and didn’t like it and stopped going. The end result is going to be like what I say - around 20%. And the vast majority of those are just running once per week. Basically, like islands. Wow, such great success.

M+ aren’t being done by many people. Your “bar quests / world quests / dailies” is a little hilarious because M+ is several times less those things you mention, they are incomparable.