8 delves per week is way too much

They seem very lost with the whole game. You can count the games that have such vocal playerbase on your fingers. Yes, some is trolling/not helpful, etc, even misleading, but all other games don’t even have that. Their forums are dead.

So they know what the playerbase wants but do the exact opposite. They’ve always have a strange fixation with nerfing fun, but what started out as a joke years ago seems to be a full blown episode now. Fixing things when people unsub should be seen as a failure and people should bear consequences for that. That means you’ve failed to retain them. It is not a tool to measure when something is wrong with the game. That means you don’t playe your own game - because if you did, you’d see the issues very easily, they are glaring at you, daily.

What does that tell you ? This is from yesterday. It took them a week to figure out they’ve made Zekvir absolutely irrelevant and that there was no reason whatsoever for anyone to do him anymore (epic failure of a nerf) so they came up with this. What does this solve ?

Yes you can now get crests (the epic ammount of TWO per run) and valorstones once a week. But why would you do that, taking the time to travel to his lair when you can only do this once per week ? Why not stay where you are and do the same delve again if you need crests ? Or the nearest one, because Zekvir’s lair is at the very end of the world, out of everything else.

They are afraid that you could farm him 30 times a week to get 60 crests to upgrade one piece of gear. Instead of the way they want you to do it - farm x4 delves daily, without keys, just for 2 Runed crests. Either option is absolutely insane and nobody that values their time would do it, but here we have a solution that solves nothing. Because of fear of gearing up too quickly.

Because they fear once you are done gearing, you’ll unsub. Except delves are not for the ones that do that. Casual players play for fun. Yes gear is part of that but not all. They play because they find a thing in WoW to do that seems like fun and do it. Daily. Or semi-daily. I used to spam heroics because it is fun for me, the gear is worthless. Or sometimes I feel like PvP so I do that. Shoving people in what you think they should be doing is never gonna end well. This whole fun nerfing should stop and people should be let to do whatever they want to do in the game.

Doing 28 delves per week on a character to get 56 runed crests to upgrade 1 piece of gear 3 times is not it fam. And we are valorcapped, have a million crystals and other currencies that do nothing anymore but starved of the one thing we need because retention.

Putting shackles (because that is what they are) on players will not get them to stay in your game, letting them free will.

3 Likes