8 delves per week is way too much

Those things can go hand in hand, don’t they?

I misunderstood the post earlier as a more general post about people who go beyond the ilvl reward cap in PvE.

My bad

Sure, you can say that. I think I have said earlier that progression is where WoW extracts a lot of its fun from.
And I think that’s quite reasonable. I mean, lots of video games revolve around just going around and killing things and finding a bigger sword so you can kill bigger things and get an even bigger sword!
It’s simple fun, but it does anchor itself to the progression part of the game design. Or go hand in hand as you say.

You talk about content becoming stale after a YEAR and you think OTHERS are addicted? If you are looking for signs of addiction, you know exactly where to look.

I mean, the content can be fun and also rewarding. It isn’t only fun because it is rewarding. It isn’t anchored to progression.

What the hell you are talking about dude

I think that cosmetic progression is also a thing now. When Blizzard is not being lazy with eyecandy

2 Likes

Imo they need to make delves shorter but more packed with some optional backtracking and metroidvania-style branching ways and puzzles that you can skip in future by unlocking stuff on delver’s journal. Maybe i feel like it because i play gow ragnarok rn.

To be fair, is there any old activity in wow that ppl just go back and do cause it is fun? Like… i’ve been back to try torghast during DF cause i enjoyed it alot in SL, but they werent fun anymore cause i could just run through and oneshot everything. I cant think of anything from old content that is still just fun to do, maybe someone else can give me some examples (that doesnt include doing it for cosmetics, or achievments and so on, just doing it cause its fun to do).

It is fun, but there’s also no way I’m going to fill all 3 rows on a char (I’m not doing 8 dungeons of any kind on any character), just like I’m not going to get GV on all my alts (or just my lvl 80 alts since I haven’t really bothered with most of them yet).

My main’s doing delves - at least 8 a week and then whenever I feel like it, while my profession alts are getting the 6 raid bosses (or will when they get high enough ilvl), but to me there’s no reason (never has probably never will) for gearing alts

Ngl I rather giveup a char than doing delves on it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

And now the thread devolves into people giving it the Rick Rude hip swivel about how awesome they are at clearing delves.

How tiresomely predictable.

Rick Rude was an awesome heel tho…

1 Like

Yeah try clearing one as Prot Warrior under 30 minutes :rofl:
I swear you people make up the wildest stories.

sure np . lets do it together

im gonna swap my warrior to prot spec take you and 3 others 610+ in there and we will demolish that place :slight_smile:

Some delves and story variations are just differing in length. Certain runs take me below 5 minutes while others take 10. Enemy types and pulls also come into the equation but I can’t say I did big pulls in either case.

probably the farm in pandaria if you havent done it

there is 1 common thing. the hate for melee. i did the hallowfall one of today (shadow somethin) and with my hunter was a breeze. with my monk was a pain.

careful here - you got one of the pro players in Lillith, the same guy who admitted to rerolling to get carried in delves lol

You literally get given the time at the end of your run…

Playing prot warrior I can’t imagine there’s many specs better for clearing them quickly

I can run Tak Rethan Abyss on shark story in about 2-3 minutes as a DH on an 8.

Dread pit if you can stealth / mind soothe is also really really fast usually.