8.3 Memory leaks

Same Problem here. After 8.3 suddenly the game keeps stuttering. I couldn’t play for days now because it’s just unbearable.

4 Likes

Another week has passed, we are now at 3 weeks if I am not mistaken, where we are STILL getting graphic card resets, freezes, disconnects and other “fun” interactions which we definetly have not asked for. And I assume we will have to wait at least another week for a solution.
As I suggested in my previous comment - take the files from the PTR game and upload to the live files (and override the originals) - I have played PTR the majority of last night without a single lag spike, freeze, graphic card issue or disconnect - so I honestly can’t see why this is not already implemented as a quick fix. Then you can take the rest of the time and talk to the various departments and figure out what went wrong, but at least give the PAYING CUSTOMERS a product that can be used as relatively intended. That is the least you can do, honestly, especially considering your lack of compensation policy.
I will be more than happy to talk you through the issue via email or phone call - so feel free to contact me if you want assistance with this issue @Blizzard.
Looking forward to a “quick” resolution to this very annoying issue.

5 Likes

i remember the good old days, where blizzard would compensate without hesitate, those were the days when blizz had 11 million active wow subs, why they just dont go back in time?

1 Like

Still no news I guess :slight_smile: Another week goes by.

the issue was fixed for me today, dont know what happened but yesterday i formated pc and isnalled everything fresh, but i think it was blizz fault

1 Like

I also want to vent my frustration with this. Ever since patch I’ve been having constant game lock-ups for 5-10seconds. Sometimes it locks my whole PC and pauses background sounds. Quite often it’s just wow, and the game freezes, goes grey, my cursor turns to the windows loading circle, and then it picks back up.

This almost always happens approximately 10 seconds after hearthstoning or portalling into a new zone. Normally right after I’ve mounted up. It happens on shard switches. It happens just when the God damn Sha of Anger spawns (I presume because I tabbed in or out), and just now it happened 2minutes into a Lesser Vision just as I pulled a tonne of mobs with the intention of popping cooldowns. Needless to say, when it came back I was dead with 1500 coalescing visions thrown to the wind, so it’s not affecting server side.

This is extraordinarily frustrating. In almost 15 years of play, while there’s been issues at peak times such as launches, never have I experienced such a poor quality of play during what is a minor patch. I don’t know what’s going on, but the higher ups need to seriously rethink whether the savings they’re making in payroll costs is greater than the loss of subs, because as somebody who quit before and is on the rocks of doing so again, this sort of gameplay experience isn’t encouraging me to stick around.

3 Likes

i can confirm dx11 legacy fixed the issue for me. i have nvidia gtx1060 card. obviously i am not content with this “solution” because it’s a performance downgrade so i am waiting for the company to tell us more about it.

2 Likes

K bye, switching back to ESO and not returning on WoW until the game is fully playable… and my pre-paid obviously refunded :slight_smile: Ticket already sent.

3 Likes

At this rate I’m doubting this gets fixed before Shadowlands. It can’t be possible a company with your resources TAKES OVER A MONTH to fix this.

4 Likes

Hi, as previous posts have been made on this forum and other non official forums with no viable fix done, i’ve decided to make a post of my own. This is my problem: Whenever im in the outer world i have stutters, when i enter dungeons or some instances, it stops. There is also the issue of freezes in specific dungeons, so far the ones i’ve experienced so far, take note that it only happens after i enter and start moving forward. So far in Atal dazar, motherlode, ToS and Tol Dagor, when i reach Stoneheart Bunker in AV, and the final one is when i just enter Zuldazar rested area where the bank is. The freezes usually last 10-15 secs but sometimes i need to end task the game and reenter, and sometimes it freezes and i cant do anything but force restart my PC. So before you start asking me to do those generic troubleshooting things, i want to let you know i already did them, didnt work, i also reinstalled my game and tried it without any addons. I also reinstalled my whole windows.
Processor

Intel® Core™ i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Video Card #2
Intel® UHD Graphics 630
RAM
32 GB
Operating System
Windows 10 Operating System
Windows 10
Service Pack
Size
64-bit
Edition
Version
Locale

PS: Please fix this before i throw my pc against the wall. This has been happening since 8.3 and its embarrassing that a company big as Blizzard is incapable of fixing this for so long. Oh and the constant stuttering is absolutely fantastic i really enjoy having epileptic seizures every 3 seconds

1 Like

Blizzard why aren’t you prioritising your errors with memory leaks and take responsibility and fix it? No one have old rigs and it worked perfectly well before the release of 8.3 so please get your finger out and provide your paying subscribers, those who are making it possible for game masters to get their salary. We need a fix ASAP.

We don’t want stuttering and game freezes and the message about not enough memory when there is. Your game is causing this.

2 Likes

I have a feeling that this freeze happening more often when no more ‘pure’ free memory remained in system and need to manage cached memory in-out.

No problems all expansion when it comes to freezes and then 8.3 is released.

Seems to happen to me mostly when tanking dungeons and raids, not bad enough I have to shout on comms to spam heal me while I wait for the game to unfreeze but also hae to alt+f4 out the game to get my stream working again.

Almost as bad as the old 8.2 ground clipping artefact in your face spam cause DX12 didn’t work.

Hire better monkeys please.

1 Like

Can we get any meaningful response from u? LIke this is beyond ridiculous and its getting worse and worse everyday. FFS

1 Like

As i’ve said before - There are NO problems what so ever when playing the PTR version of the game, and considering that the PTR has the exact same options of game play (not counting raids), then I don’t see why it can be a localized hardware issue. So please move your focus on solving this matter NOW, so that you can try and salvage what little respect you have from your paying customers.

1 Like

Blizzard are you there ??? people are wasting their money and they cant properly play. you cant solve this problem for month is this how your company work now ?

3 Likes

I could play before with everything on low but now I’m getting this crap on Mythic Carapace where I didn’t get it at alll last week, so it’s actually getting worse.
Fix it. This is the poorest form of customer support I’ve seen in 15 years of playing this game, it’s pathetic.

4 Likes

Maybe I have to start bumping this daily?

3 Likes

WIn 7 old school x64 version with an AMD RX-480 graphics card. The game will suddenly just crash and freeze, only to do is reset my computer. Very annoying. Have same issue on my gaming laptop win7 x64 version with two Nvidia GTX560M.

1 Like

Well… yesterday during legion demon assault I got like 6-7 freezes in 15 minutes,
two in a row within 1 minute. It appears more often with these 3D portrait-messages.
But the most frustrated thing to happen in mythic+ or hc warfronts.
Like wtf, it’s 5 weeks since 8.3 and yet no constructive reply .

2 Likes