Recent DDoS Attacks Impacting Game Service

Today, Saturday, September 7, the World of Warcraft service has been negatively impacted by an ongoing distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack. For several hours today, we’ve repeatedly seen WoW realms targeted and taken offline by the attacker(s).

It is our top priority to resolve any issues that prevent players from being able to smoothly play World of Warcraft. However, it is the nature of DDoS attacks that players may experience the game becoming unavailable. If you are disconnected or have issues logging in, please be patient and wait a few minutes before trying again.

We will continue to work to address the situation.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

23 Likes

Getting DC’d and having a nightmare trying to get back in.

2 Likes

I bet someone at blizzard forgot to close Skype

4 Likes

GL to all engineers getting called back to the office on a Saturday.

17 Likes

come on man who does such a thing…
gl blizzard

Next time. Get better at communicating, I’m sure there is someone in your office that isn’t directly handling this that can tell people what’s going on. Give us some form of ETA so we don’t sit here and waste a whole Saturday evening hoping to get in and desperately trying to avoid getting stuck in a queue again.

Why are companies so horrible at just communicating, that’s almost more frustrating than the DDoS attack.

6 Likes

Some pathetic soul who has beef with either the game or aspects of it and its management by Blizzard.

2 Likes

Most DDoS attacks in a multiplayer game tend to be from idiots that cannot handle losing.

PvE, you find exploiters.
PvP, you typically find DDoSers that lag the game for either an advantage or DC the opposition and win by default.

They’ll continue if they feel they can get away with it or just get a slap on the shoulder just for messing with the servers.

P.S. I’ll probably get a reply from someone going “ermergerd not ALL pvp’ers are that way!!” when they don’t grasp not all PvPers are that way, it’s always the small troublemakers that ruin things for everyone.

1 Like

How are they ment to give an ETA for an issue like this? They did communicate. I am sure employees getting called in to fix this have a worse time than a no lifer like you being unhappy cause he can’t play.

13 Likes

Well I don’t know how you describe nolifers. if i played the game 24 / 7 i wouldn’t be upset, but since i can only play on the weekends, because of my job the leaves me drained at the end of the day, not being able to play on the few hours i have set aside for this is a let down to say the least. Also how they are meant to give an ETA is “we don’t know what to do, we don’t have an ETA” for example.

1 Like

Be upset at the ones attacking Blizzard.

1 Like

They will be soon to jail you forget how it went with the last guy that tried it.

Have not heard about that! What happened?

1 Like

It was the Romanian hacker DDOSed Blizzard last time.And Blizzard caught the person and put him in jail for the damages he has done to them and I suspect the same will happen to that hacker group, because hacking like that is a federal crime.

Well let’s hope so ^^

:smile::+1: let’s hope they rot behind bars for this.

1 Like

can anyone login in. i can only log in with my phone’s internet

My best friend logged in Classic at midnight with no problems I guess retail is affected still.

i cant loggin in my fiber internet . i donno why but they banned superonline…