9.0 Class redesign suggestions

Frostshock is confirmed to be available for enhancement.

1/50 thing we lost

Frost shock is great to have, but without frozen power and adding many other things that enhance lost I donā€™t see enhance being improved at all unfortunately :<

guess because they are so generous, we will get the one totem back that everyone hated
you know if you look at the panel picture that what they are doing is a complete joke?
There are 4 pictures of totems, 2 of these totem we ALREADY HAVE, 1 has a terrible AI and was always hated and healing stream is useless without the 10% glyph.

Totems we need:
Magma
Windfury
Tremor
Grounding
Healing stream
Healing Tide
Static
Sky fury or 10% spell buff
fire ele
earth ele

1 Like

Enhance was killed during Legion, weā€™ve suffered for a long time now and it isnā€™t going away. Shadowlands looked incredibly promising, but after the deflated answer relating to class design, hope of Enhancement returning to itā€™s glory days TBC/Wrath is gone.

Unpruned abilities =/= class redesign

From observation, Enhance will be sat with BFAā€™s goofy version of it, with a couple unpruned abilities and totems returned, that doesnā€™t fix Enhance. Iā€™m honestly quite shocked that Class design is not the number 1 talking point right now, all the other trivial content doesnā€™t mattr, itā€™s the class play that counts.

Made me so salty when I read ā€œor a shaman becoming an Enhancement shaman and being able to dual-wieldā€.
I think what they meant to say is something along the lines of ā€œor a shaman becoming an Enhancement shaman and being forced to dual-wield even though they are able to wear 2h weaponsā€.

Primal Strike? Sorry but this was never an iconic ability to begin with, it was the start of a horrible redesign. How about 2h Doomhammer shaman, maybe bring some of that back? Enh Shaman wearing Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros in Classicā€¦ Who came up with the horrible idea to give us an Enh specc, completely taking away our freedom to have a more RNG based playstyle with a 2h for those who prefer itā€¦

Frostshock for every specc? Is that supposed to make me lift another eyebrow?
Searing totem? Great, not having a single aoe dps ability in our toolkit as resto shaman will really make this a great addition.

Where is Magma Totem for every specc? Before dps totems wouldnt leave a tag on mobs or grant loot and now we do we just lack aoe DPS as only healer in-game.

Every expansion they are further pigeon holing me into a direction I dont want to go. Next expansion will probably be World of Endless Pigeon Holes. Any hope I had for my class getting some redesign is already lost.

Not to mention mages enslaving DPS water elementals with arcane magic, having a permanent pet. As if they needed one?? Shaman should get aid from the elements, in the form of a permanent pet. Is it that hard to give Shaman a summoning during which our character says ā€œElements Heed My Callā€?

Just let me be Dark Shaman Already lol. Sadly all our efforts we pour out here will too, fall on deaf ears. Im so disappointed, how can Blizz ruin Shamanism this badly. Even low-budget class design would be too fancy for the current state of our class. Smh.

1 Like

i am not very opposed to dual wield, but I donā€™t know why we cannot have both. Fine balance around dual wield, but why not just make SS for 2hand working? It is just terrible laziness

magma should replace searing, for sure, but could easy give us both as well.
Magma should do more dmg thoughā€¦ was never really good before :x

anyways the stupid maelstrom resource will stay which will make the spec not less clunky.
I am fine with the playstyle but the resource is kinda weird and the way it interacts with our heal is just plain bad.

wish we only need 1 heal for big heal like in woltk to prevent big heal spam you need a five stack maelstrom for 100% heal increase

the tools and designs are lying in the past, it is not like they have to reinvent anything.
Now they are selling us old things as new again and praising themselves as jesus lol

Cheap plug to a rework I suggested awhile ago, includes the 2 hander argument. I personally donā€™t mind dual wield or 2 hander.

imgur dot com / xO2LpaN

Make sure to view the image large on imgur, itā€™s quite big. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bring back old WF animation!
Thx
:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Dont sweat it darling, at best Blizz will roll their eyes at your piece of art. I dont agree with a dps class having healing spells such as Earth Shield. Not as a talent and especially not as a PVP talentā€¦ Some instant cast healing waves with maelstrom to sustain more heavy dmg for a short amount of time is all the healing you should be able to do. As for talents some cd that turns dmg into a certain amount of self healing fine with 2-3 min cd, some defensive cd or invinsibility shifting to the spirit realm for that matter, permanent spirit wolf pets even, but a passive selfheal ability in a dps build nah. Bring back the times where dps didnt have self heals, apart from food, pots and cds.

2 Likes

Heh, I expect that, but I try give more than opinion on what could make things more enjoyable, adds more substance I guess. The Earth Shield I agree with, it was just a swap out from the current state. Shamans have always had self heals though.

Iā€™m just eager to see the alpha/beta now heh.

1 Like

3 words.
Gust of Wind

3 Likes

What i really like about current classes is how each spec has its veery very own feel. and how skills interact with eachotherā€¦ this aspect of the gameplay should definately not get lost in the unpruning of the gameā€¦

All they need to do is bring back the general theme of the class, in the case of the Shaman the answer is simple, bring back totems. Bring back support, bring back utillity and bring it back to all specsā€¦

Sure give enhancement shaman a good castable ranged spellā€¦ thats shared with the other specsā€¦ and add a mellee attack or two to the other specsā€¦ but one that changes based on the specā€¦ i.e. Earth shock could debuff damage for the healer, while it slows for the elementalist, while doing major damage for the Enhancementā€¦

But what Blizzard first needs to do is make sure that the new system keeps alive what we love from the current systemā€¦ and then adds what we miss from the classic gameā€¦ the classes are where they are now trough a 15 year long evolution, based on things they and we have learnedā€¦

1 Like

???

my spec is pretty much pressing 1 stupid button and keep 1 buff up.
much interaction, much wow
since introduction of essences, my class got replaced by essence of focusing iris, because that does now 40% of my overall dmg coolio

2 Likes

Dont worry, the devs are gonna bring back Searing Totem and Primal Strike. I mean, it took a few years, but they really nailed Shaman class design this time. Not in my wildest dreams could I have imagined getting Primal Strike back. Maybe Searing Totem will even leave a tag on mobs this time, then my life would be complete. The sky is the limit. The amount of excitement is just too much, someone pls drop Tremor omfg.

2 Likes

searing totem will be mvp.
probably will deal 50% of our dmg like essence of focusing meme beam.
Good thing it will have 5 Hp to we can totally rely on it

1 Like

Gonna post on the character I still consider my main, but can no longer play it because it is simply no longer plays like the one I poured hundreds of hours in.

9.0 Sham redesign?
Return to the core gameplay of wotlk -> wod era. Absolutely everything was better.
Want skill synergy? SS and auto attacks generate maelstrom stacks that in return can be used for heal/aoe chain lightning/ st lightning bolt (in future elemental blast was also added)
Unleash elements increasing power of next flame skill
Flame shock get spread by lava lash to multiple targets
Flame shocks on many monbs ignited by fire nova
Lava lash getting empowered by searing totem hits

CMON! WHO SERIOUSLY THOUGHT THAT ENH NEEDED A REDESIGN!!!
Everything had impact, everything felt useful
Now everything just feels like waving a bunch of wet noodles

1 Like

yes, unfortunately that is because of the reset SS mechanic.
That a talent can provide a whooping 100% buff to Stormstrike and still makes it not hit very hard is the best indicator.
They just remove landslide and buff stormstrike and probably give the proc an inner cd or something.

elemental blast should replace the overload talent. Would also like it much better if it had no mealstrom cost.

big lava lash with flame shock stacks (not searing!) or like primal primer with hot hand would be great.
Unfortunately primal primer with 3 traits and hot hand proc still doesnā€™t delete something from the map.

Soooo this might be controversial, but I would love Dark Shamanism to be part of class redesign as a class skin rather. Hoping that leak of Dark Shaman as class skin to be true, but the rest of the leak it came along with concerning Shadowlands already proved to be wrong sadly so.

Might still have been true in some way, if it originally were a potential story narrative they wanted the player to experience the expansion by. But that I guess we wont find out for atleast another 10 years when they make another documentary, if ever.

I do say, I fully agree on your views here regarding resto.

PLEASE do get rid of Healing Rain, Ive been waiting for that waste of space in my spellbook to get pruned ever since they added it in cata. The spell adds 0 to class identity of Shaman and is nothing more than another button to press. Costs way too much mana and hardly does any healing. On top of that, there have been diffferent talent picks that involved Healing Rain, none were ever really used or cared for all that much. Still still they continue to build upon that mistake of a spell.

yes healing rain can die in a fire.
Riptide I would keep though and thats about all the instant heals we have anyways
Chain heal needs an upgrade though. in 5 man chain heal is terrible if you need to spread

1 Like

I think healing rain is pretty cool but maybe thats just me. How would u feel if it lasted longer and had no cd?

healing rain + healing stream totem(not cloudburst) together feels like nice suspension, while healing your party and raid. But the game has past that pace a long time ago. People move 10 yards and your 2 gcds go down the drain. 1 without the other doesnā€™t feel powerful enough and 2 of them together feels like a waste of gcd (enhancement suffers from same issue).

Earthen wall totem could be said to fall into same category (a better version of them) as a real damage suspension tool. Their utility and sources of healing should be rolled into 1 or 2 spells and be made more powerful.

In a slower iteration of wow this toolkit would have been interesting and fun to play but other healers easily outsource shaman with more powerful, more efficient and less ā€œlimitedā€ spells atm.