9.0 Leaks, The Shadowlands

It’s worth watching Pyromancer commentary:

It’s leak season until Blizzcon or any earlier announcement. Many of the leaks makes the leak based on what we already know or expect (if a leak aligns with people expectations than it looks more “credible” doesn’t it?).

Dragon problems were hinted subtlety in the game like via island expedition quests. Also “Helya alive” is also a quest info. So an expansion based on such plot points is possible - as a real product or to produce a believable leak.

5 Likes

You don’t have to believe the summary, but posting the summary with photo proof this time? I mean c’mon, even tryhard contrarians can’t deny that one.

But nvm, don’t believe the summary, just look at the zone named “Darkfront”, and notice the “Sylverian Approach” point.

Coupled with the Sylverian Dreamer shop mount and with the pre-established pattern of releasing shop mounts that are tied to the next expansion who would still deny this?

In 8.2 a new pet was introduced in front of the Grim Batol instance. If you catch it you will receive a quest telling you that the Twilight dragons are back and plotting something. This is enforced by one of the Island Expedition quest as well. 2 Dragon Isle hints in 8.2 alone.

I just hope that there won’t be a new class like tinker.
After DH’s I have the fear that other existing specs would be changed, or robbed of their special features just so there can be something ‘new’.

3 Likes

Same quest could drop from islands. Asmon got it from that pet live on stream when talking with Pyromancer about this stuff :smiley:

1 Like

I agree, and it’s a story. Putting all these things together are reasonable, if you are into Warcraft lore.

Like I said I did a quest earlier today which may well be a lead into the Shadowlands, so that someone has made a whole lot of assumptions based on the pieces of the puzzle we have got so far, is quite likely.

Obviously I also love that the original poser took in Tinker class throughts that I also put together a while back, meaning I’ve poked my ideas into a theme that more people seem likely. That’s assuming these aren’t leaks(which I personally don’t think they are), but people’s ideas based on what they have seen so far, and know of the story that hasn’t been added to WoW yet.

Here is my suggestion Radium(I really want this to happen);

My eagerness to get something like this was fuelled by input over time about the mechanical parts of Azeroth’s history. Throwing in a Tinker class now would have been perfect timing imo(and seemingly the “leak” agree with me in this case).

3 Likes

Stopped reading here. Just another who wants his fanfiction to be true.

7 Likes

cause most leaks which are hundreds of for evry expac,just not all get some attention. are false. And you could make soemthing up and still be right just due chance(like if gave monkey a type machine/pc it would eventually type the decliration of independence due pure chance or simplet broken clock is right twice a day)

Take a guess…who’s lore channels on yt starve for content.So they come up with this cirrcle jerk 4chan,and then they “cover the post”.

“Shadowlands” is already the name of an expansion from the 2001 MMORPG Anarchy Online so it is unlikely they will use this again.

Yeah already fake.

2 Likes

Tinkerer class does not fit to the leaked theme at all. So far all the added new classes has been highly related to the expansions theme where they were added, and Tinkerer does not fit for the ‘Shadowlands’ theme at all. Dark rangers on the other hand…

But yeah, considering the source of this leak, I’d say it is highly unlikely true.

This one was fun to read. It actually was partly right.

3 Likes

As with any leak…bullshizzle until proven otherwise by Blizz

Leak confirmed after you read level squish postponed…atleast for me

OK, I came across a similar post in US forums. Third post contains a quote from MMO Champion and the list is quite long. It also has a summary from Reddit which seems to be the same what OP already posted in here.

If this leak contains some real stuff, I don’t believe they are going to add all those in the next expansion, but it is scattered to the upcoming expansions like the “Eye of Ashara” leaked expansion from 2016.

I’m sorry but nobody remotely decent uses 4chan. It’s full of toxic kiddies who have nothing to do with their life. I can’t take it serious.

1 Like

While you calling each an everyone got pathfinder 2 days before you in your crying post jobless and having no RL ETC is basically different from this and you shall be taken seriously right? :joy:

2 Likes

Nice story man.

I hope this isn’t true. There are a lot of thing I strongly dislike about it, which probably means it is true. xD (But not really, I think it’s fake)

The scaling tech remains problematic, and if they aren’t going to get rid of it, but are instead going to control our gearing up through further scaling, they’ll get rid of me along the way. There is absolutely no point giving people massive gear upgrades constantly, saying “it feels rewarding and good”, and then scaling it all out of existence. At least right now there is gear giving progression in raids. You take that away, I don’t see any point having item levels at all anymore. Just get rid of them. Enough is enough. I’m sick of this charade. Gear needs to be consistent and understandable, and right now it isn’t.

However this leak isn’t credible. Why would it be named Shadowlands if only half the expansion takes place in the Shadowlands? That’s kind of like calling Battle for Azeroth World of Warcraft: Kul’tiras.

There is also not a single instance of a World of Warcraft expansion being simply the name of a zone or continent. The closest we get are names that include the name of a place or continent, which are Warlords of Draenor and Mists of Pandaria.

The Shadowlands are where we go when we die. The Spirit Rezzer is in the Shadowlands. The grey effect when you’re dead are the Shadowlands. It wouldn’t be the first time Blizzard made a lorelol, but I highly doubt that we’ll go to a zone called The Shadowlands. It doesn’t make sense.

And yes, the Emerald Dream is different, before anyone points that out, because The Emerald Dream looks so different than the real world that only a zone can express it. We’ve already had some lorelols on it though, with the Emerald Dream having barrow dens and Tauren cities and the like, and even friggin’ Icecrown Citadel in it (for real?!). That’s really not supposed to be a thing. Nevertheless, the Dream makes sense as a zone. Shadowlands do not.

Darkfront, Morbara, and Xiros are not established anywhere in lore. Usually, when we’re to go to a place, Blizzard will foreshadow it somehow, and it’s certainly going to be a place we know of to some degree.

Also, you somehow managed to misspell Tinker as Tinkerer.

There are a few things I’m starting to buy, although. Tinkers, for one, are looking likely. Every leak features them. There must be something to it. Dragon Isles look likely also.

Beyond that though, I think most of the things here are wrong.

1 Like

I did not misspell anything, this is not my creation, I just ctrl+c ctrl+v the stuff.

I’m not sure that is true. Every time we die in WoW our soul is simply in limbo. If it were really the realm of the dead, why don’t we see the masses of spirits?