9 out of 10 games at high mmr

Part of what makes RMD the strongest comp is actually the Rdruid, RMP has to win within a time frame so you have to get the set ups without fail or you lose, if you nerfed Rdruid more RMD would be quite abit weaker, also you shouldn’t die as an SP in an opener to an RMP/RMD since you can just disperse/fade/trinket life swap etc, you can’t use that to justify taking away something life Shimmer from all specs without replacing it, again fire should not have Shimmer at all, and Greater Pyro is a joke, its a meme spec imo atm

2 Likes

Tbh the same way as warlocks are doing actually and you can still ‘’ normal’’ blink to poly after or ask for a stun/root/snare to land it.

Yea my bad didn’t know u are trolling

Complains about rmpala, wants mage nerfed. Logic.

Why not nerf the pala part? Maybe make them use some mana like other healers?

How is it the same as a warlock? you can coil into fear, yeah but that’s the point, I can ask for that stun and get a poly but how do you expect a mage to then kite a melee cleave? say DH/DK, WW/DK, DH/Warr, or even a caster cleave, you get stuck in the middle of the map without blinks a caster cleave can easily for CDs on a mage, also the point I made was Frost has to reply on its teammates to help it set up sheeps vs good players because of how much disruption there is currently, a fire doesn’t need that as much due to his DB, so the spec is more independent than the others, so take shimmer from fire without a replacement is fine, take it from frost then you need to give it Deep back because other wise you have that 1 Blink to get into position of a polly off a stun and then you are stuck with either melee on you or out in the open for casters. ask any top mage that streams, Gelu even said live on his stream Frost needs the Rdruid to bash and clone to help it gain control while fire can solo carry due to not needing it, this is one of the reasons he doesn’t really play frost atm, that and its damp, the SP is complaining about RMPala, which would be a fire mage, I agree that fire doesn’t need Shimmer, but because shimmer helps give that 1 spec overkill with what it can do does not mean it has the same effect on the others, if you took DB from Fire it would have the same problems as frost in setting up cc without aid.

Coiling into fear doesn’t do anything you’re talkin as if everyone plays destro

1 Like

He said “the same way warlocks do” talking about getting cc, but as I pointed out lock can coil and get a fear off that, just like fire can DB into sheep… kind of, frost doesn’t have an ability that does that is the entire point of this conversation, Im partly agreeing with what the SP said, Fire shouldn’t have Shimmer, but I think taking it from Frost after losing Deep would really hurt the spec where it wouldn’t hurt fire as much, that’s my argument.

You can frost nova into poly or just slow them. Coil has same cd like nova but u have pet nova too… So frost also has the ability

1 Like

what a crap thread to read through and btw fathai show pls at very least a legion or at least a WoD rank 1 title on your profile so you can’t mock on bfa glad+r1

1 Like

Don’t be so rude man, just saying that it’s possible and like Blacklock said I wasn’t speaking about destro but mostly aff/demo cause we play mostly without coil in 3s anyway…

And the fact you need your team-mates to setup something is the way it should work.
I agree with you fire is way too much but let’s be honest, shimmer makes way easier for mage to cc than a lock(melees have to kicks fast, so you can just them easily or blink fast and avoid them).

Problem is since shimmer is there, mages think they can no longer play without because it helps a lot. It’s my opinion.

Y for kiting lock is terrible, 1port every 30sec and 1 gate every 2min. And snare all the game, with a crap survivability (except ofc destro).

3 Likes

I had a feeling someone would mention this, but the difference is they can still stun me from range (if they have one) in a nova, or if they have a range kick, also if they have root breaks, coil and DB cause you to lose control of your char, nova doesn’t, also needing teammates to set up cc sometimes isn’t a bad thing you are right but vs some comps you cant get a set up without the help of your druid or rouge, while a Lock can and so can a Fire mage due to the lose of control ability’s on an instant cast that they have.

were you serious here ??
in 2019, a mage can wake up and say RMP have to set without fail or they’ll lose… PLEASE !!!

Im playing aff and i use coil but i just swapped from the rot playstyle to trying to get drain out.
Had few games today where ennemy tunneled the sp or splitted dh on pala and other melee on sp and my dor tickle. I had 3 agony traits and ennemy healer was a monl but no, no point they ignored me and won with raw pve.

And i feel ill need the coil to get a drain set up out. So idk about demo but i find coil for aff just okay since imma try this drain build out.

Also when getting tunneled after faking the meleetards i can actually healmyself and not die with the drain build. To what end? Idk but at least i wont be diing from pve tunneling.

For demo the dmg takes forever to pop so you need to pet stun into coil to force trinket/Def cd or kill someone.

Otherwise there is noway but in 3v3 as demo we don’t have the demon armor and you have to go port or die in the opener even through wall…

Tbh demo is dogshxt probably the worst spec in the game and the nerf+the fact there is no dmg out of the tyrant makes you unable to kill something or live enough.

For no real reason you are not allowed to play with some spec in this game :confused:

Same for aff im just getting melted but using port is useless 99% of the time bzcause of the amout of mobility the melees have. At least coil provides a cc and healing i use it when the meleechamps are having a go and also use curse of weakness. Has been helping me a bit.

However the best games i had so far were when playing rls. I might try to look for a rogue more often it has so much cc it helps us a lot. Paired with shaman tooltkit you end up preventing damage more than getting damaged and lock is so squishy youll need it and i found it better.
Also aff has a huge st burst so pop when rogue opens and we won most of the game in less than a minute was just brutal.

Have you tried it out?

I don’t play aff only demo but y I tried rls too and it was really good especially vs melee cleave I was surprised.

I usually try to run with mage or sp in 3s so when I’m trained they do huge dmg/cc and if I’m free I can do that as well and easy cc/peel.

Coil is bad imo vs melee cleave cause it’s dispell able and even you got 1guy on you anyway still pressure you.
The best still is to go port and try to pre-port a go when you see a cc on your healer on big dmg inc(you need good awareness and your team-mates to help you to survive). But it’s the way to go vs melee/caster even double caster(port might be better depend on your comp and what you fight).

I don’t take at all curse of weakness it doesn’t change anything vs the insane dmg melee does. I usually go for reflect(to carry a cc or carry my dmg VS magical kicks). Or curse of weaknesses instead.

It’s less forgiving than rmpala and rmd. Unless you are going to start claiming that healer makes no difference…

So many people don’t differentiate the RMX because all they see is Rogue and Mage and somehow they decided to go with RMP. They can only say RMP. Sad, since RMP is the only RMX version that is bad because Disc is so trash in 3s.

Most people now mean RMPala when they say RMP from my experience which is slightly amusing

Not only sightly if you ask me. Some people seem to believe it was always that just because they played BfA S2 onwards.