9 years with the same talent system

Nine frigging years… That is too long…

Maybe it is time for change? Update with more effective system.

Why ? Because with this one leveling feels less rewarding and also we have specs with plenty of cookie cutter builds.

Maybe make a hybrid classic and new talent system. Perhaps something like Legion Artifact…??

20 Likes

They need to do something about all the dead talents.

28 Likes

I think it’d be a bit more interesting if we could pick 10 talents (still with 7 rows), and have as many/few from a specific row as we want. Might bring about some new combinations and playstyles.

2 Likes

Tbh the old system was so fun.
New one is more of FOTM picks.

23 Likes

I’d quite like to have both at the same time tbh, but yeah the current one does need some kind of revamp imo.

The old one ended up being FOTM as well unless you wanted to gimp yourself.

21 Likes

Nah, the old one was boring, the current one is fun.

4 Likes

This is exactly why Blizzard brought in the new one.

1 Like

I can’t imagine anything worse than going back to the old talent system. It was horrible having to go to your trainer every time and buy the next ‘cookie cutter’ ‘best build’ talent as deemed best for your spec. There was no flexiblity, if you wanted to change build, you paid and then put every talent point back in again. There were also those who didn’t know to look up a best build and would just put every single point into their chosen speciality. Or you got the hybrids who weren’t really effective at anything but it was their choice.

Levelling is changing in Shadowlands, the maximum level will be 60. Every ding will give you something, either an ability, an improved ability, a dungeon, access to something. I agree at the moment dinging is very meh. You had for milestones rather than each level meaning anything.

22 Likes

You did not have to go to trainer to use the old talent tree.

The old talent tree IMO is for RPG games, if you don’t like it then RPG genre is not for you.

2 Likes

I like the game I’ve been playing for over 10 years :slight_smile:

It isn’t me that is complaining I don’t like the MMO RPG that I am still playing after all this time.

The old talent tree is awful. I do not miss the old system in any way shape or form. I do not miss having to go to the trainer to learn new ranks of spells.

If you want that kind of game play, Classic is waiting for you with open arms :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I think even if you bring the old talent system but with a twist of no costs, you’d still have a meta build that’s dominating. More choices don’t necessarily create more variety.

1 Like

I do miss the whole getting a talent point every level, it did make leveling feel more rewarding. But if it was a similar talent tree to how it was in vanilla it would have to have some improvements, such as being able to change the tree whenever you want when in a city like now. And every time you get a talent while leveling or even changing talents at max level there is no need to ever go to a class trainer, just like with the system now. Would be interesting being able to change that talent tree whenever you feel like it like just before the arena starts seeing what class your opposing team is and all.

Thats why you put cost on it or dont allow swap at all just like with covenants so people can actualy build their own builds and make their own choices. Anyone who doesnt like old talents are simply not rpg players no matter if you like current game or not.

And this is something what do no belongs into rpg game = free acess to all talents completly removes any type of choice and all people will just pick what is best for different type of situations. Thats not how rpgs are supostu be played.

You had to go see the trainer if you wanted to respec.

But then people would feel gimped every time balance changes come and make your build worse.

You just described the talent tree we have now. Every spec is running the same talents for dungeons or even pvp. I go on the mythic ladder leaderboard and see all certain dps specs and see all the same talents al lthe way down and on all the different players.

1 Like

If you want that, play classic.
I would instantly uninstall if this comes on retail.

1 Like

Do you realize that if you lock yourself into talents than nobady will have same builds and different builds will have its procs and cons in different situations? This is exactly what rpg is about. Carve your own path and excell in situations what you have build around and no just swap talents becouse you are on aoe fight than swap back to single target than swap again for survival becouse there is lot of dmg. Thnats not you making choice thats you playing as other people tell you to play.