9 years with the same talent system

Yep i did thats why its so bad. If you can swap it cost of swaping is too high people will just get talents what they want to have and stick with it becouse there is no easy way to swap them just like it will be with covenants.

For every 1 of you who will quit there will be 5 more what will join game so its all good.

3 Likes

Also to learn new ranks of spells

Then it later meant we needed an addon to check we had the latest versions of our spells on our UI as it started to bug and randomly use lower ones so now and then.

In some cases people wanted to use a lower rank spell because it used less mana etc.

1 Like

They’re called cookie cutter builds for a reason.
If you rocked up with the wrong talent selection, you were not invited.

4 Likes

And vice versa.
The classic’s system exist in classic, we wont make retail like classic to satisfy the eternally unsatisfied forum whiners that cant play adjust and play the game :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nobody cares about you or me lol

Did you quit in Legion?

Resto shaman have 4 viable resto heal builds and thats just for pve if you want min max and there is far more if you are not min maxer.

What you still dont get is that you cant ever have bis build and be optimal if you are lock into talents. Bis and optional builds are changing from boss to boss, from content to content. There isnt 1 build what was bis on all situations and in all type of content.

Forum “statistics” always make me giggle. :smile:

2 Likes

Not really, playing in classic for 6 months where I mainly pvp’d but raided twice a week. There were 2 seperate builds I needed for pvp and pve. I always used the pvp build since I needed it to survive. But it handicapped me pve and my healing was lesser because of it and I couldn’t afford the gold to change spec everytime. This was a problem for alot of people on classic. I ended up hating pve because of it, feeling bad I’m low on the healing meter because I don’t have the correct talents, but I needed to pve to get gear.

It is an odd thing that we have Classic with it’s #NOCHANGES (and rightly so) yet they then aren’t happy to stay in Classic and want to inflict old antiquated long ditched systems into Retail. I like the new and improved ways of WoW in retail. I never truly appreciated how much it has changed until I went and played Classic and then came back.

I thoroughly enjoyed my Nostalgic month of play but it wasn’t for me long term. I think it’s great that Blizz have made official Classic servers so that people don’t have to rely on private servers any more.

The modern game has evolved and I prefer that version myself. Some like Classic over Retail and others just play both. I do not understand those trying to bring elements from either into their respective preferred game. I’ve seen requests for modern features in Classic. They just don’t belong. Just like the old redundant systems belong don’t in Retail.

2 Likes

I can easly tell that your pvp build wasnt optimal in many cases in pvp and pve becouse situations change, your oppoments change and other build in that situation would be much better option.

Cant agree more… I think you already know my points on this subject xD
But since i was playing on a legacy server before starting retail, i didnt waste not even a day there!

Reminds me of the time i was a little child, once i wanted a vanilla icecream… Then i was changing my mind and wanted a chocolate icecream…
Then sometimes i wanted to have a strawberry icecream…
Then i grew up and made my mind.

1 Like

In order to be feral in pvp you had to also have natures swiftness which meant you had to spec 21 point in resto too. Without natures swiftness you would die in most situations, whereas in pve as a feral it’s pretty useless and having aspect of the pack is so much better.

A friend used to run two rogues so he could play different content, without the constant respec costs. It’s a bit extreme to have to go to those lengths.

1 Like

No in PvE. It was optimal on boss 2 of x raid on your class. Non of builds were optimal for entire raid or pve content. Absolutly non. There were always situations were your build wasnt optimal.

2 Likes

And game should never vbe desingned around such players. They are extreme case and make game more covienient and less of rpg game for sake of pleasing some players what plays 8h day shouldnt be thing.

2 Likes

50g isn’t much for a respec, unless you respec several times a day.

1 Like

The game is designed around being more playerfriendly, so Blizzard simply doesn’t agree with you.

1 Like

They obvviously do becouse if you didnt notice covenants in Shadowlands are exact same thing.

1 Like

Err no, you can’t just make up an example like that when it isn’t even a clear example like what I gave. What boss mean you have to have the spec I showed and then for the rest of raiding and pvp you’re useless but just for that boss you’re okay lol. That is a ridiculous thing to say.

Goodluck finding a feral who can survive without natures swiftness in pvp lol, sorry but you’re just saying no and giving bizarre reasons. Sorry but you clearly aren’t even taking this seriously so I’m out. Say what you want, I’m done lol. This is such a ridiculous debate…