9 years with the same talent system

Elias is someone who will always argue for everything to be like Classic in Retail. Even though the game has long moved on from that format. If you don’t agree with his opinion, you are just wrong and everything he says is “fact”.

1 Like

Do you realize that mythic+ or raiding is type of content no type of situation?Situations are create withing Mythic+ or raids like trash/boss desing withing content.

Ion literaly said exact samne thing. Covenants wont stay biss for all situstions and type of content.

Actually he is right on most of his point, unlike the others omg wowzo I will quit I want MMORPG without RPG elements.

1 Like

You can agree with his opinion, just like others can disagree.

It does not make anyone wrong or right.

Yet the whole “adapting to situations” scenario was heavily discouraged by Blizzard in for instance M+ by disallowing gear-swapping mid-run. You don’t adapt to individual scenarios that can occur within a raid fight or within an M+ run: you tailor yourself towards the overall fight/run, picking what will do best in the majority of cases.

The only people who will specifically tailor their character to a situation, in that sense, are high-end Mythic raiders who will consistently assign people to do certain jobs during (progression) fights. 99% of the playerbase will likely tailor to the content, not the individual situations within.

Other than making all talents the same (not better than), it’s not possible to prevent “dead” talents.

Just give us a huge talent tree where we can spend points on.

And then they give us a Talent System, with all active abilities [no passives], but you can choose a variety of passives that affected the active talent (like in Diablo 3)… :stuck_out_tongue:

Must be really boring and degenerative to play 1 spec in 1 type of content ( wpvp / arena / raids / m+ )
Don’t feel sorry for you, just observing that that’s must be hard to be so limited and I see why you hate your one cookie butter build

It’s a necessary gold sink the game lacks today. What your friend did is completely over the top. I could understand if it’s a class where the specs are vastly different like Druid/Pala etc. But rogue…
I raided with my PvP spec and it made minimal difference to my DPS.

We could really do with more customization when it comes to ‘builds’ and freedom of customizing how we play our character.
Old Talent system really did give us that freedom. You could improvise and test out other builds and have a huge amount of fun with that.
Right now, it’s really just…bland a bit.

1 Like

I don’t find there is a lack of gold sinks in the game.

give people 1.000.000 choices in talents and skills, the other people will find out what is the best combination.

You end up with everybody using the exactly same.

There is no customization thats why word BiS exist…

With the new one i feel like i’m playing league of legends.

I love the “old talent tree was boring, new one is fun” posts. Y’all are like the kids defending EA and Sims 4.

Just be honest, old talent trees were way better.

2 Likes

They were better at the time. They wouldn’t add much now given how the game evolved. The new ones, whilst perhaps not objectively better, are better suited for the current state of the game (which revolves solely around end-game, with levelling being nothing more than a bare-bones tutorial.)

1 Like

I agree with you! I was a bit vague, perhaps. But the my response was directed at the people saying what I quoted, basically.

But yes, I agree that the old system wouldn’t work in today’s game.

Oh aye there will always be a BiS set-up to go with, for raids and dungeons you’ll want to go with a BiS setup, it’s always like that, everywhere.
But like, if you’re wanting to just chill and test some other combinations out, see what works best for you, I believe that having these things as an option would be quite nice.
Sometimes I just wanna experiment with talents and see how others play out.
Also, we can have more than one BiS build, right? People should adapt around what suits them the most, not go with ‘baseline this and that’ while other things have 0 use and do less damage.
I’m taking Outlaw Rogue as example. You can’t ditch Roll the Bones because you lose a ton of DPS if you choose other talents that keep you safe from its RNG. There should be a choice that does not punish you.

1 Like

literally the same thing you do now except you don’t gotta change the entire talent tree. I haven’t had to change my pve warrior’s talents in the last few patches simply because what I got already does what i need it to do.

There’s 0 creativity involved.

1 Like

No we cant, one build will always be a tad better. People will always go for it, even if it s a 0.05% dps increase!

Also, have in mind that if you want so many things added and so many classes right now in game plus SO MANY specs it will be the hell itself to balance and for what? For the sake of : we have different builds, but we will all use the same.

So it makes 0 sense im afraid and specially blizzard wont waste time and money to give the game options that will never be used after testing and finding the BiS.