The Deeprun Tram

And how fast must it be running to make the trip in less than 1 minute!

As fast as a gryphon flies :slight_smile:

Is that an African gryphon or a European gryphon?

5 Likes

Funny … ? I do not know from which the Azerothian variety descended. Do you know? Then please tell.
I just wanted to say thar the time is the same whatever you go by Deeprun tram or buy a ride on a Gryphon. I can’t be the only one having timed this.

And is it carrying a coconut?

Incredibly naive point, why can’t the entrance portal take you straight to the exit portal in the other city?

If the Gnomes were to try and use portals in this manner, I highly doubt it would be certified as safe, even by their standards :smiley:

If their Ultrasafe Transporter: Gadgetzan is anything to judge by, the side effects of a mass transit system built off similar tech would be disastrous!

4 Likes

They don’t mind doing … disastrous things ! :slight_smile:

A mass transit system that connects all the cities, with a 50% chance of sending you to the one you want, the rest of the time it sends you to a random one, including the possibility of sending you to a city of the opposite faction. I could actually see that being very popular and well used for some reason.

4 Likes

Yes, for a…few times. After that, it will rage people off and they will use the flight points.

…or, ask a Mage!

It wouldn’t just be a chance to end up in the wrong place though, there’s be a chance you explode, turn into a chicken, launch into the air (not a good thing if you’re in a tunnel already), turn into your evil twin…
I forgot some of the other Engineering side effects :smiley:

I for one am glad the Tram exists, that’s never exploded on me… yet…
Aww now I’ve jinxed it haven’t I?
:unamused:

3 Likes

I couldn’t turn into my evil twin, I’m already her, I would have to turn into my exalted twin which would be far worse.

As for turning into chickens, or exploding etc, nothing to worry about, we can sort it out afterwards, death is just a minor inconvenience, now someone please pass the jumper cables.

Because horde can’t get from Brill to Oggy nice and easy like?

1 Like

Excellent examples of underdeveloped parts of the gameworld.

But let’s go off to Outland instead.

And for what it’s worth, you can easily get to STV as Horde with those Zeppelins, and in no time to Booty Bay from the Valley of Trials.

Which made for a funny 3:00 in the Guru the first day of Launch: a bunch of level 1 Hordies getting smushed by the one level 5 Alliance in Blacksmith/Vendor Gear (gratz on eventually getting your AGM before the masses, btw).

I’m happy to see a blue around her in classic forums.

I would be 10.000x happier if blue would talk about actual problems, for example faction balances, lack of bans for exploiters, devilsaur leather duping etc…

1 Like

It would be good to see them trying to handle and explain real problems.

It feels like we pay them to just mess about on the forums or do nothing at all.

1 Like

Clarke’s Third Law:

And the Azeroth version:

@Mageinchina…You think you going wrong, but you don’t…

1 Like

That is so very easy, up over the path for the shaman totem quest. drop down and out over the bay to the Ratchett boat. If you die to the makura it’s even easier, ress and run into the town.

Anyone else love the idea that in game the Gnomes intended to build the tram system running west to Kalimdor but somehow against all explainable logic ended up in Stormwind and they just shrugged their shoulders and accepted it as science?