9.1 patch notes

PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER

• Death Knight
    • Frost
      • New PvP Talent: Shroud of Winter.
      • Heartstop Aura (PvP Talent) has been removed.
  • Mage
    • Kleptomania (PvP Talent) is now Arcane only.
    • Dampened Magic (PvP Talent) has been removed.
    • Arcane
      • New PvP Talent: Arcanosphere.
      • Arcane Blast now deals 20% more damage in PvP combat.
    • Fire
      • New PvP Talent: Ring of Fire.
      • Controlled Burn (PvP Talent) has been redesigned – Ignite deals 100% more damage while Combustion is not active.
      • World in Flames (PvP Talent) now causes Flamestrike to reduce the cast time of Flamestrike by 50% (was 1.25 seconds) and increases its damage by 30% for 3 seconds (was 20% permanently).
    • Frost
      • New PvP Talent: Ice Wall.
      • Frostbolt now deals 100% more damage in PvP combat (was 15%).
      • Deep Shatter (PvP Talent) now increases the damage of Frostbolt by 75% on Frozen targets (was 150%).
      • Burst of Cold (PvP Talent) now increases the damage of Cone of Cold by 600% (was 400%).
  • Monk
    • Mistweaver
      • New PvP Talent: Peaceweaver.
      • New PvP Talent: Dematerialize.
      • New PvP Talent: Thunderous Tea.
      • Counteract Magic (PvP Talent) has been redesigned – Each hostile Magic effect removed from a target increases the healing they receive from you by 2% for 10 seconds, stacking up to 10 times.
      • Refreshing Breeze (PvP Talent) has been redesigned – Healing done by Soothing Mist increases the healing of the next Expel Harm on the target during the channel, and causes it to dispel 1 Magic, Poison, or Disease effect.
      • Eminence (PvP Talent) has been redesigned – Transcendence: Transfer can now be cast while stunned and its cooldown is decreased by 15 seconds if it is cast while not stunned.
      • Surging Mist (PvP Talent) has been removed.
  • Priest
    • New PvP Talent: Improved Mass Dispel.
    • Shadow
      • Lasting Plague (PvP Talent) has been removed.
  • Rogue
    • Mark of the Master Assassin (Runecarving Power) duration has been reduced by 40% in PvP combat.
    • Assassination
      • New PvP Talent: Hemotoxin.
      • Neurotoxin (PvP Talent) has been removed.
  • Warlock
    • New PvP Talent: Shadow Rift.
    • Affliction
      • Soul Shatter (PvP Talent) has been removed.
    • Demonology
      • New PvP Talent: Fel Obelisk.
      • Call Fel Lord (PvP Talent) now deals 200% of the caster’s Spell Power per swing (was 5% of target’s maximum health). Cooldown of the ability increased to 2 minutes (was 1.5 minutes).
      • Singe Magic (PvP Talent) has been removed.
    • Destruction
      • New PvP Talent: Bonds of Fel.
      • Chaos Bolt now deals 40% more damage in PvP combat (was 15%).
      • Focused Chaos (PvP Talent) has been removed.
1 Like

How aren’t warriors on the list.

No mention of MC fix either. Crit lego nerfed by 40%.

FDK nerfed, nothing for UDK. :roll_eyes: DK can hope dat shroud of winter will be good.

2 Likes

Lol that frost mage buff in pvp. Frostbolt combimed with ice lance would hit like a truck.

Chaos bolt buff lol it already hits from 12k to 20k

No retri nerfs?

Frost dk nerfs? Why?

RMx again or MLx inc again, borring meta.
They dont even need to nerf warriors, frost and lock is enough for them to be crap.

so rogue mage holy, frost lock holy. Hahaha

Holy

• Symbol of Hope has been redesigned – Bolster the morale of party or raid members within 40 yards. They each recover 60 seconds of cooldown on a major defensive ability, and they regain 12% of their missing mana over 5 seconds.

Lets massive buff S tier healer XDDDDDDDDD
/spit

Anyway cant care less about shadowcraplands arena, its finally dead with crappy awc 8k viewers.

1 Like

I doubt it. The name implies that it’ll be related to Remorseless Winter, so I’m not holding out much hope.

Hope they’ll finally buff Death Strike at least.

I almost came when I saw:

Sacrolash’s Dark Strike (Runecarving Power) has been redesigned – Corruption damage is increased by 25% (was 15%), and each time Corruption deals damage, it extends the duration of all your Curses active on the target by 2 seconds (was Corrupted targets movement speed slowed by 50%).

That was pretty much the most obnoxious legendary in the game, very happy that it’s gone.

1 Like

The mw port while stun seems insanely strong.

I think it’s just a debut more a coming so let’s see.

That Chaos Bolt buff though. That’s gonna hurt.

MW looks ridiculous

Everyone wants a passive pain suppression

5 Likes

It’s actually not, thanks to the next line:

Focused Chaos (PvP Talent) has been removed.

Focused Chaos

Anything about the gearing system ? Nobody is going to even bother with all this if they cant even play. Grinding BGs with half the hp of other players for weeks on end just to be viable isnt fun, And that only gets you the 197 stuff

2 Likes

It’s still a great trade off, considering you’ll be able to take another PvP talent. So that’s a 5% overall nerf in exchange for a new talent slot.

Yeah before reading I was 100% that I wouldn’t reach the end of the post without aknowledging a Death Sentence nerf in some shape or form… Turns out Blizz amazes me on ce again ! Not gonna complain tho

you just not realise still that we have now free pvp talent for destro warlock, it means thay will do CB for double target with 40% buff. welcome back s4

3 Likes

Thank you blizzard

I can live with that I guess, I’m just glad it isn’t another 40% on top of the 40% from the old PvP talent. And please, don’t remind me of BfA S4 Destro, still getting vietnam flashbacks…

3 Likes

HOLY CRAP

Warrior Covenant Specific Legendaries in Patch 9.1

• Venthyr: Condemn extends the duration of Last Stand by 4 sec, Colossus Smash by 1.5 sec, Recklessness by 3 sec.

Lol condemn legendary

Seems all new legendaries are only covenant ability related, so not that surprising. Still funny though

That also looks totally busted

1 Like

“Shroud of Winter” Enemies withing 8 yards of you become shrouded in winter, reducing the range of their spells and abilities by 30%

Trash

3 Likes

lol /10 chars