9.1 PTR MMA Nerf

MMA 60% duration in PvP. Anyone hoping for Sub love may be VERY disappointed

that’s 2.4 seconds. restealth means 1 or 0 crit globals. only usable with vanish realistically, sometimes meld. seems dead, at that point just play deathly shadows. more realistically play shadowdust instead.

1 Like

Or play assa with a 40% ms on shiv which looks ridiculous.

I mean it’ll probably balance out, given that our wound poison even with master poisoner Iirc is still lower than normal grievous wounds. Regarding shiv atleast, nice to see I’ll be banking MA for pvp content now atleast.

about the cloaked in shadows nerf, i’ve just tested it on the ptr and it seems the 4s timer doesn’t start until the vanish buff ends thankfully, so it’s 7 seconds of protected stealth. should be enough to outlast a trap or something. big part of how i survive atm is vanishing when my priest gets cc’d, was worried about this nerf.

still 4s on res but that gives priest some time to give a shield or dispel or something so not the worst, probably manageable.

I wonder if 2.6 sec of MA will totally destroy it. I’d rather it had 50% crit bust lasted 6 sec than this.

Without it sub burst is going to tank. In PvP.

There’d better be some compensation elsewhere else we’ll literally do no damage.

If shiv’s buff goes to live it’s just all about switch back to assa

1 Like

This is pretty dang upsetting news. The nerf to Dagger in the Dark means that the intended burst window for MMA will now fall super short- am I wrong to say you’re only able to fit 2 abilities in that 2.4 second window, one of which is guaranteed to be Cheap Shot, so therefore actually only one ability which will benefit from crit?

Hopefully they make up for the loss in damage through a buff elsewhere or other balancing means

MMA and Dagger in the Dark being removed is good for the game. Both are trash for playstyle, including the stupid shield conduit.

Y’all are freaking out when based on all the nerfs (including to fire mages) they seem to imply that Blizz is going to adjust dmg numbers outside of these talents/leggos. You’ll literally be better off without MMA, because MMA uptime was already garbo when you had to stun more than 1 person.

50% crit seems awful. Just remove the entire leggo like they did, agree 100% with the changes so far.

At least warriors are happy cuz in their mind “MA” and rogues overall were the only reasons of their struggling on any rating

2 abilities will crit if you start with a CS.

One does anyway because of SoD. But in the time of 2.0 to 2.4 seconds you can do ability that still benefited from the crit.

They should just flat out remove it to be honest and tune Shadow Strike and Rupture accordingly.

Without compensation Sub is done for.

In This Patch:

• Moonkin AoE damage nerfed. Minor Convoke Burst nerf, better overall burst window damage
  • Mage PVE nerfs, Added another flat % HP PVP ability. Mages now do 59% of someones HP without combust. Every 45 Seconds.
  • Paladins Get another defensive ability
  • Warriors can transmog shoulders to different models and pretend they’re Sephiroth/Cloud
  • Rogue build that one shots people unchanged. “Fair” builds that trade cooldowns nerfed. Stabby stabby brainlessly-train-the-enemy spec buffed again.

PVP balance team is apparently 3 furbies on a shelf who have run out of batteries.

1 Like

The MA nerf doesnt seem that bad tbh. Earlier you could get 4 globals in, now you can get 3. The 4th global should also be a new stun if you open with cheap shot from stealth. So yeah, if we get compensation it could turn out alright.

0.0seconds after breaking stealth 1st global
1second after 2nd global
2seconds after 3rd global
2,4sec buff fall off.

3 globals.

0.0seconds after breaking stealth 1st global
1second after 2nd global
2seconds after 3rd global
2,4sec buff fall off.

3 globals.

The first Global is always a stun from your opener.

The only exception is if you kidney shot then vanish.

You only do this in cheesy one shot builds

Once again, they have missed the mark with what needs to be nerfed and just made cheesy builds the only viable option.

I don’t disagree with an MA nerf but honestly I’d rather they just replace it with something else if they’re taking a feature that the class relies on so much in PvP. I suppose we’ll have to see the direction they’re taking us in and pray that this isn’t the final version of our changes.

Yeah we lose 1 out 3 crits when we open with stun from stealth and 1 out of 4 when we stun -> vanish. If they wanted to stop the “oneshots” they kinda missed the mark yeah, i will probably be able to still kill most people in a cheap shot Vanish flag evisx2 combo.

what are you talking about lil paladin? u can one shot everyone with your awfull 1 button spells and u havent been touched at all so please leave this post and go whine on reddit like everyone does when he gets killed by a rogue because he doesnt know how to counterplay it.