9.2.5 Void Elf & Blood Elf Customizations Please?

but its not really a key area of the game. It’s nice to be able to take control over how your character looks. Yes. I have spent months putting together transmogs.

But I also recognise when other parts of the game needs more attention to create a more playable game. Because if the game itself dies because it becomes unplayable, all of the customisations die along with it.

Personally, I hope we don’t get anymore racial customisation until at least 10.1. We especially don’t need anymore Blood/Void/Night/ Elf/Borne ones. If anything they should concentrate on Mechagnomes.

Ok, I’m gonna have to stop you right there. You are a Blizzard shill, and I’m 1000% sure you main Horde. I’m not even kidding. There is 0, and I mean 0 popularity for Mechagnomes in the Alliance. Gnomes were barely even played to begin with, let alone Mechagnomes? No sir, you are lying to my face and trying to push an agenda, and you are giving a horrible image about the team’s developers who already have a terrible reputation for their 0 care for the Alliance.

If you were a TRUE Alliance fan, with the Alliance’s interests in mind, you wouldn’t be suggesting no more racial customization but customization for Mechagnomes instead. If you want to fool me into thinking that you actually care you’ve gotta try MUCH, MUCH harder next time.

HERE they are making a ton of customization for the Drakthyr while the rest 10 ARs wanting stuff gotta sit around and wait another year and a half for their turn. Oh you’ve done it now.

1 Like

Void elfs got enough already jeez. Its like every patch we get customizations for elves.
There are races that have like 5 “options” and they all look the same, but lets focus on more elven customizations

2 Likes

although you are correct to point out that I play Horde (these days).

I will point out that Gnomes are by far one of the most popular races in the game.

So would you prefer Dracthyr launched with 3 different hair styles, so you can get further customisations for your Void Elf/whatever. Or would you prefer that Dracthyr launched with as many or even more customisations that any other Race?

Considering Dracthyr are a key selling point of the entire expansion, whilst void elves were an after thought of an allied race because they had to give the alliance something.

You are making this worse for yourself :stuck_out_tongue:. I’d hate to think the devs think like you do. Yes the Drakthyr are meant to be a major selling point but that doesn’t mean ignoring all the other races. And what do you even mean ‘‘they had to give the Alliance something’’ ?? You’re just admitting blatantly that you’re a Horde fanboy who doesn’t give a damn for the Alliance. If devs constantly thought like that this game would be dead by now. I know for one I will NOT be buying Dragonflight or even keep an active sub for much longer if I don’t see the things I’m looking for that being more stuff for Void elves and other races as well as more race / class combos.

Please stop replying to threads related to customization and Alliance requests if you’re interested in none of the two.

No they are not. You can’t even find a source for me on that.

1 Like

Small reminder:

Requests for Blood Elves are Horde requests.

3 Likes

At least we can use this.

So back at you.

Why focus on Elf races and ignore the other races? Mechagnomes among many other races are still waiting. And not forgetting how many races are still waiting for their Heritage armour.

Honestly, if whether you continue to play the game or not depends on whether more customisation are added for the same races over and over again, then please let me be the first to show you where the unsubscribe button is. Because it really is a pointless waste of resources. I would much rather see the resource put into one of the races which don’t have as many customisations long before any new Elf ones.

Before that, I’d rather see the new expansion launch we a more playable experience than Shadowlands did.

You are clearly a new player. So many people used to play gnomes back in the day. I suppose they probably just play Vulpera nowadays indeed.

I’ll reply to a thread if I feel I have something constructive to add. My constructive addition to this thread is that I disagree to any more customisations being added to any Elven race until at least 10.1.

I really do miss the sites that used to give us those kind of stats. Humans and Night Elves are the most popular Alliance races. For Horde it’s was something like 30% Blood Elf.

None of the Allied races are popular apart from Void Elves who are more popular than some of the starter races.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing for like 17 years, started mid-TBC. I’ve been Alliance for the most part, but played a bit of Horde too.

So you’re against elves getting more customization, but somehow find it fair that Dracthyr are getting more customization for reused asset races than any others before them as a ‘‘brand new AR’’? You do realize that female Humans and male Belfs already have tons of customization? Yet, they are receiving about triple as much through the Drakthyr.

I get that but we shouldn’t have to wait 2 years for some customization. I’ll be happy if other races get customization before we do, but I want to see the progress be on-going, not them giving up and make us wait for years to get hairstyles, hair effects and tattoos. We’re paying customers, we buy each expac and pay for an active sub. We shouldn’t have to wait for years for customization, especially for popular races.

Again as paying customers we should get our usual content of raids, dungeons, and arenas / BGs in addition to the unique flavours of the expac, which should, other than Drakthyr, be in the form of customization and maybe a new AR as well.

Once again I will remind people:
Dragonflight - so far only new class and customizations via F humans and M Belfs
Shadowlands - customization only (not provided to everyone)
BFA - 6 new ARs
Legion - 4 new ARs AND new class with new customization for it.

So you’re against elves getting more customization, but somehow find it fair that Dracthyr are getting more customization for reused asset races than any others before them as a ‘‘brand new AR’’? You do realize that female Humans and male Belfs already have tons of customization? Yet, they are receiving about triple as much through the Drakthyr.'<

Is this a typo? Male bloodelves have the least amount of customisation of any male core race, and probably the least of any male in the entire game

You have waited a lot longer in the past for Customisations that 2 years.

Times change man and there’re other games. I guess they don’t HAVE to give us the customization if they are so adamantly against it. But then I don’t HAVE to play and pay either. And you know what I think it was terrible that Worgen fans waited 11 years for the Worgen overhaul. What was that all about…?

I mean I can always go and count them if you want and prove to you that they aren’t the last. They have 24 hairstyles don’t they? And facial hair options. Trolls scream for some facial hair. Male Void elves scream for their bald hairstyles and receding hairlines to be corrected. And the holes from the tendril gaps. Are you getting tons of new stuff via the Drakthyr or are you not?

Likewise, I think the majority are here for a fun and exciting adventure game. Not World of BarbieDolls.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy customising my character. But I work with what’s available in the game.

Game play is more important than hair colours.

Lots of people collect transmogand care about their looks from the casuals to the hardcore players.

3 Likes

Yes, and so do I.

I’m not saying it’s not a thing. I’m just suggesting that maybe, possibly, Elven races might not be next in line to get customisation, since they tend to get quite a few.

There are certainly more deserving races.

I’m not against them adding customisations in the future. But I would rather they concentrate on getting a well develop and well balanced game out for Dragon Flight, rather than getting distracted with a few new hair styles for Void Elves.

I feel all races should have an equal number of choices. Atm night elf and maghar orchave the most.

4 Likes

If you want to have a proper discussion, you need to 1) stop lying and 2) stop cherrypicking and twisting facts to fuel your agenda.

Male BE’s have 21, not 24 hairstyles compared to Trolls’ 18. Sure, male BE’s got some bad beard options compared to trolls having zero - but trolls have a lot of stuff BE’s dont have: earrings, nose piercings, body paint and face paint. There’s no contest that Trolls have way more agency to make a unique looking character, compared to the BE.

Void Elves are a bit of a tricky subject; they are really just Blizzards attempt at appeasing some diehard Alliance fans who’s twisted and lied about WoW lore for almost 20 years to get High Elves. Even so: they have factually MORE customisation option than the race they were copid from, the Blood Elf. I do agree with their hair options being worse, though.

What do you mean by “getting tons of new stuff via the Drakthyr”? There can be no way that you are seriously trying to spin that off as BLOOD ELVES getting new cosmetics, because they share the same body??? My BE is not getting anything new, just because they decided to cheapen it - yet again - to copy paste it’s model to another race. Even if some insane person would actually agree with your logic here, then it would be just the same for the VE’s you’re advocating for, no?

3 Likes

I wish Blizzard just hires 1 person to focus on customizations for ALL races and keep it going until we reach a point when we won’t have any ideas supported by many. Let humans get long beards, undead & troll beards, upright worgen & undead, customizations for all elves that everyone want. I could keep going, there wouldn’t be an end to that list. Wish some people would stop bashing others that want specific stuff for their favorite race. It should be normal so I don’t understand how mad can you be.

3 Likes

Well, I think that may of been due to that High Elves for the Alliance were originally the highest requested race out of everything else in game, though I could be wrong.

And since we got the High Elves on Alliance through Void Elves, this is the closest we’re ever going to get for Alliance High Elves, though technically speaking, Void Elves are the same race as High Elves.