95% reduction in XP-gain for everyone in party with someone that uses EXP-Lock

I’m confused as to why blizzard thought any action was required to this?

I used to be a fanboy and defend blizzard at every turn.
Then I accepted that they’re making mistakes but defended them saying they’re experimenting and they’ll learn from mistakes.
Now I think they’re just clueless.

4 Likes

Me too bro, they were the perfect company in my eyes.

3 Likes

So… they also killed Freehold boosting DH ? Rip …

Yep. /10char

You gotta love these out of nowhere conspiracy and carrieing for the greater good of the “community” that show up on the forums.
“Its a bad idea blizzard”,“people will abuse it” wink wink…and in no shape and form i am actually selling those boost wink wink.

You know what it will be next, “no loot for anyone in a group if any single player has already run the raid this week.” To kill paid mythic runs.

2 Likes

Am curios actually…how would the system define a player as a twink? Certain ilvl or what exactly?

Let’s troll all the ppl in LFG :smile:

well, I guess this is to combat boosting…
though I do hope this doesn’t affect the solo queue…
because, beeing unlucky in the solo queue won’t be funny
I am levelling a Monk at the moment, so I don’t want to be slown down, due to some exp stop person joining, also there are multiple reasons, as to why players use the EXP stop…
for example finishing a questline… (Outland Loremaster achievement requires some dungeons, which you can not queue for, if you are 81 or above…) this makes these quests pretty frustrating, since you outlevel the zone regardless… (it doesn’t matter, if you use heirlooms or exp boosts or not, you still outlevel it…)

1 Like

It’s just any player that has their xp turned off.

1 Like

Correct.

Which, incidentally, if they were to do it, should also apply to 120s, whi also have their XP turned off by other means.

2 Likes

Which is quite likely as that would also put a stop to a few other leveling spots, such as carrying your own alt through stockade.

Well, they’ve kinda already killed high levels boosting through low level dungeons, so maybe they’re done with that.

Never underestimate Blizzard. You can always kill something more!

3 Likes

A: Wouldnt work. Unless you want guilds to not get loot as in upgrades while progressing if they cant clear all the bosses til progress boss in one night. Which would effectively kill raiding and cause people to charge alot more for Curves and CEs

B: If you can boost the final boss, then you can also boost everything before that. Jaina is a prime example for that. The entire raid but mekka is a joke before her

So now Blizzard likes to let the goods suffer under what they see as bads, the goods being those who like to play out every expansion as “current” and the bad being those who use twinking for their own economical interests. Interesting recepy to frustrate the playerbase even more.

I like to finish all Legion quest-lines on my chars that are still not 110 and when they hit 110 i stop their XP to play it all out. The situation now is that a char with terminated xp gain has already a buff which didn’t really hurt. So there will be another buff that brands me with an open invitation to get kicked out of groups because blizzard made it so that i will get in the way of them getting xp. Or even worse, never get to be grouped through LFD cause it won’t tie me up with ppl who don’t have their xp terminated. Nice way of ruining yet another part of the game.

I also don’t get how every expansion gets discarded in every possible way, this is one of them. Why do they feel like they need to control every aspect of the game and how we “should enjoy it”. This is becoming more and more World of Drones with every wrong step they take.

There’s a lot i don’t like about the state that WoW is in now and decisions like this don’t leave me with a lot of choice to enjoy the game.

1 Like

No fun allowed.
If this change will go live I can already see angry twinks grouping up and spamming LFG to ruin leveling with dungeons/bgs/islands so only the questing will remain and herbing/mining.
Of course raid/m+ boosting remains untouched.
But for now until 8.2 FH boosting prices will skyrocket.

If i learned anything it’s that someone will always be mad about some change in WoW.It goes with the turf.It’s how you deal with the change that’s important.

They wont do it.

1. Its not a levelling boost, so noone cares.

2. You cant enter mythic raid again (with same character) if saved anyway, so I dont know how this connects.

3. Blizzard has lvling boost service, and probably got tired from people buying levelling boost for gold (and I think many of them with IRL money), instead of boosting from WoW shop.

4. Blizzard told before they gonna do something about it, so that was expected long time ago.

5. And some less spammer on the trade chat.

6. And lastly probably they doing this now, since 8.2 brings 120 lvl boost to the WoW shop (My guess).

2 Likes

And there’s always those who will trivialize someone’s opinion, for what reason?

Change isn’t bad on the contrary, change is good but this isn’t a change in it itself, this is a measurement to deal with a situation they don’t like with a change as an outcome. They had a choice to deal in a different way with the situation they don’t like but they prolly took the one with the least effort and cost.

To me it’s a punishment i didn’t deserve which they will call collateral damage which makes me just a number.