A character with that name already exists

hello i tried everything and its still not works

1 Like

Same! Drathlock on EU SOM Dreadnought server is also stuck. Tried

When a World of Warcraft character is not properly logged out from the server, it’s possible to receive the error, “A character with the same name already exists” when attempting to login to that character.

1. Try logging into a different character and then logging fully out of the game
  2. Reset your user interface to make sure your files and addons are not corrupted
  3. You may need to wait to allow the server to remove the character, which happens after 30 minutes of inactivity

nothing helped

same tried everything

Hello there,
Thanks for the reports! We are currently tracking this issue on Dreadnaught here and our technicians have been informed that it is not resolved. When we have new information for you we will post it in the thread above.

my account is still online but i can play on other charakter and stuck servis dont works

Yeah same,
I can play other characters, just not my main character. I got a raid tonight, hope it will be fixed in time.

Yeah same Nakai on dreadnought SOM cant log in.

same problem, Jorus - Dreadnaught

For anyone who is seeing this message for more than 30 minutes, please create an in-game ticket. Our customer support team should be able to help get you back onto your characters.

I have the same issue on my Kazzak toon.

I’ve sent a support ticket, which has been answered. They asked me to carry out the regular troubleshooting - it hasn’t worked.

It’s been 9h since I’ve been able to play.

Heya,

If you receive this message, it should not last more than 15 minutes. As you are still seeing this, please try using the stuck tool for moving your character as this may resolve it.

If neither change resolves the issue, please reply to your ticket and let our support team know so that we can try some other changes. If you made any changes to your character (transfer, faction change etc), please let our support team know.

A character with that name already exists. Been like this past 10 hours. Waiting for blizzard to help but didn’t even get a response yet. PLEASE some1 help me!!!

Forum staff are not GM’s, nor can the forum staff make the in-game GM’s work faster, or skip your tickets to the top of the queues.

If you haven’t made a proper ticket in-game, then you need to do so, if you have, all you can do is wait for their response.

can I call blizzard ?

Not anymore. People were abusing the call-ins for things the GM’s can’t help with, so Blizzard ended their call-in system.

Nowadays you may register for a call-back, when you create your ticket. But this won’t get you a faster response, you will still have to wait for a free-GM, and certain issues are not eligible for call-back. If you are not offered the option when creating your ticket, then your problem is not eligible for a call-back, and will be resolved over the normal ticket system.

Mosinathus I need HELP!!!

In-game GM’s work 24/7/365. Its true that the forum staff only keep office hours though.

That’s not good for you. You also need sleep. Why not actually play while waiting for a GM to service your ticket. You don’t have to sit staring at it. I am sure you have other characters you can play.

There is no such thing as “Small Claims Court”, its “Small Claims Track” at least here in the UK, and it will cost you £60, just to file a claim, which you cannot claim back. Plus your attorney fees, which you also, cannot claim back. The idea of small claims track, is that you represent yourself for values under £10,000.

Plus you can only claim for money you actually lost. As the game is still available to you, and you can still play the game, just not on your preferred character, your claim will, in all likelihood, be dismissed on the basis that you haven’t actually lost anything.

Even if you won, the amount it cost to file the claim, would still mean that it cost you more than you got back. (I watch too much bbb on yt I guess).

Unfortunately, if you want to sue the EU arm of Blizzard (as your posting on the EU forums would indicate), then EU laws will apply, not Floridian, as the jurisdiction would be the EU.

But good luck with that.

I am pretty sure they don’t since you don’t seem to realise that Blizzard USA and Blizzard EU are two legally separate entities, in two totally different jurisdictions with totally different laws, rights and privileges.

But as I said, good luck with that, let us know how it works out for you, k? Because I’m done with this stupidity.