[A] Chilled Rated PvP Community - Calamity Crew

Afternoon all!

So a few days ago I posted about my situation having decided to focus on PvP more in SL (thanks for casual BGs having an incentive to do them!) but finding myself a wee bit stuck! Why?
Because once I grind out my 184 gear, i’m kinda stuck on that until renown 22. All further PvP progression requires grinding out conquest (already done) but furthermore, having PvP rating be achieved to actually unlock the chest and furthermore to upgrade the conquest items. Eek!

Now i’m not one to sell myself too high, I am NOT a pro pvper by any stretch. Last time I did such was Wrath/Cata! But I feel I could be, given time…so I looked in the premade groups, but the requirements and expectations are super high! I don’t want to be the guy who messes up someone else’s bid for 2.4cr or whatever because i’m still working out my rhythm, yet I want to feel like there’s something to be earned beyond the random BG gear (i’ll have that done in a week, what then for 4 weeks?).

i figure I can’t be alone, there must be others like me who are interested in the idea of doing some arenas, BGs in a rated way, but not necessarily having clear cr goals, or insisting upon approaching the matter like some kind of second job (or being an expert), people who just like the idea of doing some pvp with like minds, getting the honor we need for the box from it and hey, if we win and start to get good together (which should happen) we’ll get cr too, happy days!

So hence i’m making this community: Calamity Crew, for exactly that reason.

Why would you join?

• You enjoy pvp but are too nervous/out of practice/inexperienced/lacking contacts to make the jump into rated without feeling like you’re an outsider/fraud.
  • You want to obtain the weekly pvp chest and have the potential to upgrade it, but don’t have necessarily clear goals such as “2.4cr by end of season”.
  • You enjoy doing pvp, but you’re not terribly fussed on strict meta adherence, so for example someone playing an unusual spec doesn’t cause you to have a heart attack.
  • You accept that losses happen, (and still grant some honor) so they’re not the end of the world.
  • You want an environment where others are learning as well as (possibly) you so there’s no massive pressure of expectations.
  • You approach the game in a chilled fashion and are not the type to rage or call out others. None of that please.

ideally we’d gather enough people to make rated BG squads, or have a health allsortment of people to pluck for 2v2/3v3 as your needs require. I don’t expect that given the “low requirements and expectations” huge cr growth will result, but enough to get 1.4 in due course will certainly be there! As well as the honor for the boxes! More may result, we’ll see!
Oh, I can also make multiple “let’s go maw hunting” a week for the conquest to help out people with “Against Overwhelming Odds” quest too. This kind of thing would be part of such too, it’s great fun when you have a team of 5!

And if nothing else, even if we fail, the grind is miserable, supposedly we can have a laugh and make friends doing it. I believe so anyway! So…

If this sounds like you, then maybe you should click the ole’ invite link below and send forward an application. I won’t set it to automatic right away as i’m not getting back until the evening but i’ll set it up then after seeing where things are. failing that search for the comm name, or send me mail with character name and server name! (This char is Flickie-ArgentDawn btw, no idea why it keeps showing my old race name in case it says otherwise)

If you think actually you’d probably like a set cr goal, and getting there matters, probably best to give us a miss! Not that experienced pvpers aren’t welcome they absolutely are but people with such goals probably won’t be prone to wanting to weather potential losses, which means that reluctance to group may undermine what the community is about!!

If someone finds they get a taste for pursuing such (and maybe find another member in the community to do it with) then that’s great! We’ve joined two souls together and taken them from A to B! In such a situation though they may have to consider whether they stick with us; because the idea is the community is kind of like a “pre-picked” random roster (like what you’d get in the auto Qs) as opposed to people being picky over who or what they get.

if it works, lovely, if not, well no harm done. If this intrigued you, then follow the advice above and look me up! I’m on most weekdays approx 8-8:30 GT and up until around 1-2 GT and from this evening will be more than open to random bouts with people win or lose!

Invite link is:

4 Likes