[A] Chilled Rated PvP Community - Calamity Crew

Already posted in Comms, but just thought i’d bump up awareness here for a new community i’m trying to pilot aimed at people looking to get into rated pvp but from a casual and chilled perspective:

[A] Chilled Rated PvP Community - Calamity Crew - Recruitment / Communities Recruitment - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

If you’re the kind of person who has been doing a truckton of BGs but is kinda o0 about finding that the weekly chest is gated behind rating, as is upgrading conquest gear, then consider giving the post (and community) a sample as this intended project may be what you’re looking for…provided you’re Alliance!

I’ll keep replies etc anything OT in the original thread! Just wanted to raise awareness given the topic of pvp gating is quite a recent one!

6 Likes

Best of luck with your shenanigans

1 Like

Good luck.

You are going to need it.

Cheers.

All it will take is a few, and even if only a few, if it helps a few souls get that rated honor where they couldn’t before, then it’s a success in my eyes.

I hope it all goes well for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seeing how big a similar community (well, not an ingame community but at first organizing in a thread, now in Discord) for PvE content from the german forums became, I really think this might become something good.

You should consider creating a Discord channel for this though, many have it and it makes the communication and planning so much easier once you have some people in your community.

I’ll post this in said group’s thread over at the german forums as I think some from there might be interested.

I wish you all the best and hope this will become what you want it to be. It’s a good thing to give people a way to get into content they might not dare touch otherwise even if they’d like to try.

Thank you for the advice, my plan was to see how many bites I got leading into the weekend and if the interest is there then spawn a discord. i’m not massively savvy enough to be experienced with disc but enough to set one up I suppose, so i’d only do that if it appears there’s a grounds to do so because I agree with you, for stuff to really work, discord helps.

I just need to have an idea of whether there’s an initial interest first! But yeah thanks, and thanks for spreading the word as well!

Regarding this, you are right with setting the bar on this level initially, but eventually you have to up it to getting 1400 and then 1600. Because if you just do rated honor by wobbling below 1400, yes, you will get vault drops, but they will stay ilvl 200. It’s that thing - having to consistently hit 1600 every week - that will be the culprit. I mean, yes, people do it. But you know, people clear raids as well, doing this consistently isn’t piece of cake.

Yeah, after sending it I also thought “well, doing the work and then not having anyone join would be a waste”, so you’re right waiting to see how many are interested.

I might look into it as well (not really into PvP but might become, who knows, and something else every now and then doesn’t hurt), but as of now I’m Horde only.

As said, all the best to you and your project, I’ll make sure to keep an eye on it to hopefully see it flourish.

Very cool initiative, good luck to you Morlake!

A problem i’m all too aware of- it can’t sit at that “entry” point forever, and eventually the community may well grow beyond that (because their icnreased ability will allow them to) which will cause the community to schism.

If and when such does happen i’ve had some dieas how how this could be managed via discords/member notes in order to seperate people into brackets and that being the only restriction, but this is something that would have to be seen as to how it plays out.

Regarding the entry point though, at the very least I will always be ablwe tu supply alts i’m not terribly concerned with rating for who can pair up with people at X rating and i’m not concerned about their rating rising and falling as I may pair them off with different people. It’s the group who move beyond this- it depends how people view any cr gains- something they don’t want to lose,m or they’re happy to enjoy but not clinging to?

It’s a stupid thing to have to cosndier because an elegant solution would be removing the upgrade requirements away from rating, but have your rating vastly reduce the cost of upgrading a piece. So for example a duelist can get a super high piece in a week, but it will take the scrub wandering around in 1.4 land about 5 weeks to perhaps get the same. I don’t understand why they have hard capped the progression like this.

Even in PvE a “baddie” can rely on slow upgrades through the weekly chest. In PvP you’re stuck at 200 forever unless you can stump up rating. The PvE scene will change to make the weekly 10 or w/e easier over time, so even baddies can eventually find the “chest run” groups who will manage to carry them. In PvE 1.6 or w/e is always going be roughly the same thing which means not only is your gear progression slower (losing games nets less honour/conq than winning) but it’s actually cut off entirely and in quite an early fashion.

it also shifts the pvp player towards arena, as the arena scene is where most rating is being generated. My area of preference is the BG one for example. So despite the fact I like a very certain type of pvp the most (BGs) to realistically progress higher in PvP, I need to do a very certain type of PvP to do it (most likely, as rated BG groups are far far less common, just last night checked premades, entire page of arena comps and scrolling, 1 for RBG and it had very specific requirements)

it’s really odd that pvp splits like this. If I enjoy the dungeon side of pve, i can use dungeon side of pve to grow. If i like raiding side, i can use that. With pvp if I like arena side, i can use that to grow. If I like team/bg side, I pretty much have to use arena to grow as well. It’s something i’ll do largely because I must and I may come to enjoy it more, but I really prefer macro objective play if honest and feel i’m a lot lot better at it.

1 Like

Good luck! I’m thinking about joining.

PS: Funny side note. Below your name it says Kul Tiran but your portrait says mechagnome. :smiley:

Please do.

I’m actually Flickie, and yes a mechagnome, race change update hasn’t applied for about a week now haha despite numerous relogs. The odd thing is my own profile tells me my actual name,but my posts don’t.

1 Like

Just a wee update, the comm has a small number of members now, first day was rough and had more than a fair share of losses, but the the rhythm is being worked out and GV chest was secured for a couple of us! 2 v 2 seems to lend itself to the unorthodox comp setup more so than 3 v 3 we found! So if you were curious about giving it a go, please join! I’ll be around for more bouts later to try and get additional GV chest choices and maybe claw some more rating too!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.