[A-DK-RP] The Knights of the Dark Grail: The Black Tithe must be paid

Hello all, allow me to introduce you to the Dark Grail, we were a Death Knight guild active in early 2018 and with the announcement of Shadowlands we’re looking at rebuilding again.

IC:

The Knights of the Dark Grail are an elite regiment operating within the Ebon Blade.
Completely dedicated to the Ebon Blade the Knights of the Dark Grail Forsake all previous connections to their past lives, be they the Alliance or the Horde, their faith or their former country. For the Knights of the Dark Grail only the will of the Ebon Blade truly matters.

The Knights of the Dark Grail were formed during the late days of the war with the Lich King. The Order takes it’s name from a strange Phylactery they claimed as a trophy from a Lich they killed, a strange obisidan black grail decorated with red gems that the Knights still take into battle to this day. Since it’s founding the Order has operated in the background of the world’s major events appearing long enough only to claim powerful Necromancy artifacts or combat a powerful enemy of the Ebon Blade.

With the third Legion Invasion and the Ebon Blade taking a much more active role on the world stage so too have the Knights of the Dark Grail who now work openly amongst the Alliance and the Horde and seek to build their ranks for the next war the Ebon Blade will choose to fight.

For the Knights of the Dark Grail, Death Knight is not simply the name of what they are it is also what defines their existence, as such members of the Dark Grail are expected to live up to the title of Knight.

To ensure that all members of the order act as is expected of them a code of honor was written that all members of the order must follow The Codex: Grail Mortis. Every member of the regiment is expected to learn the seven codes of the Codex and follow them in all they do for it is their honor that sets the Death Knights apart from the lesser undead.

Despite being bound to their own code of honor the Knights of the Dark Grail are far from the goodly heroes of legend. For these Knights no price is too high to pay, no place too sacred. The ends always justify the means and the Knights of the Dark Grail will always seek victory no matter the cost. The will of the Ebon Blade is more important than the morals and faith of the living.

OOC:

Is a Lawful Netural Death Knight guild with some light military/knight themes to the guild, we are always looking for more Death Knights who are interested in a guild that can provide an an immersive story driven experience focusing on what it means to be a Death Knight.

Ranks:

Disciple: The Disciple rank is the lowest within the guild intended for Roleplayers who are playing initiate Death Knights or more experienced Death Knights who are transfering from a previous Regiment. This is the lowest rank of the guild given to all who join until they’ve ICly proven they understand the Codex: Grail Mortis and preformed some action of valour in the service of the Ebon Blade.

Grail Knight: The Grail Knight rank is a full member of the Regiment these Death Knights have proven themselves on the field of battle and in the understanding of the Codex.

Grail Champion: These Grail Knights have taken the Codex: Grail Mortis to heart, leading as examples of what it means to be a Knight of the Dark Grail. Grail Champions are responsible for leading Disciples and Grail Knights when the Dread Commander of Black Guards are not present.

Black Guard: The highest ranking and often the oldest members of the regiment many of these Knights were part of the battle with the Lich when the regiment was formed. Many Black Guards are experts in Unholy, Blood and Frost magic and will train younger Death Knights in these arts, Black Guards serve as second in command to the Dread Commander.

Dread Commander: The Dread Commander is the leader of the Knights of the Dark Grail, responsible for caring for the Dark Grail it’s self and always seen carrying it.

Events:

has weekly events and any member of the guild is welcomed to write and put on their own event. Each month the guild will run it’s own mini campaign or will take part in a larger server campaign.

Recruitment:

Our only requirements to join the guild is a strong grasp on English, an understanding of the basics of Roleplaying and a basic grasp on Death Knight lore. If you’re interested in joining the simply whisper Mordredus, Shadowbinder or Breyn in game.

To see some of our previous adventures please follow this link where we have documented our previous adventures in comments known as The Black Chronicles: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617862090#post-16

19 Likes

Good lads.
Give them a hug if you see them !
We need to see you lot more in the world and outside Duskwood. That’s a guild i’d have joined if not for the Onslaught !

5 Likes

I’ve had brief interactions with some of these lot on my shadow priest and they always seemed cool to me. I recommend them!

1 Like

Roleplayed with this lot back in Duskwood with Fealty of the Grave and Frozen Requiem. Solid lads and happy to see them back!

Hopefully you will cross paths with the Onslaught.

2 Likes

Somehow I feel like these would be the archenemies of the Knights Gryphon…

2 Likes

I actually did contact KG last year about setting up some sort of clash between us, and they were super nice about working something out but sadly it never came together.

The concept and background is quite rich, and sounds cool. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

1 Like

I like watching Mord RP.

1 Like

I like you liking watching me RP

1 Like

We share armour.

+1 Reputation

1 Like

It is the best death knight armour in the game, we even share beards

2 Likes

Been RPing with Mordredus and his guild in the past and I’m glad to see that they’re back. Good luck mate. Looking forward to RPing with you guys in the future.

2 Likes

“You have the staff?” The dwarf asked

“We do.” my sire replied

“Well give it here and I’ll destroy it” the Smith was almost begging

“First there is the matter of our payment; The Black Tithe must be signed.”

That’s when my Sire produced the contract, The Black Tithe an agreement signed in blood between The Order of the Dark Grail and anyone who recieves their aid. The Tithe meant that upon the death of the Dwarf, the Ebon Blade would take possesion of his body and raise it to serve as a Blacksmith forever within the Ebon Hold.

The dwarf then signed the contract in his own blood, sealing his fate.

That’s when my sire handed him the Necromancer’s staff and it’s evil was undone."

Testimony of the ghost Caradoc former seneschal of the Von Strahd Estate

The Black Chronicles: Records of the Knights of the Dark Grail, Volume 3

Today the Dark Grail was able to set out on a Quest in Duskwood, slaying a Necromancer and obtaining a staff of dark power, in exchange a dark pact was signed ensuring that the Dark Grail would not want for able blacksmiths for a long time.

Thank you so much to Onumdugs who put together this quest for us.

2 Likes

Onumdugs is a national treasure. 10/10 would bring him things to smash again.

2 Likes

Perhaps the old Knight could fit here even with his…choice of morals and codes even in death. One was a Knight evermore and One does not forget how to be one, Living or Dead.

Old man too stubborn to give up his past as a big ol middle finger to Arthas even after he died. Because stubborn old Knight.

1 Like

Quality in 10 characters.

1 Like

The Dark Grail would be very pleased to welcome your stubborn old knight to our order, you should find us in game and see if we can make it happen.

Congratulations to our boi Serghey who’s become a proper grail knight. Absolute lad.

With the Dark Grail having returned we’ve recruited a few solid Death Knight rpers to the guild and been able to enjoy our fair share of RP with different guilds.

So I thought this would be a good time just to update people on some future projects we’re currently working on with the guild;

The Black Tithe:

“T-thank you m’lord.” Stammered the Peasant as he looked over the pile of bandit heads at his feet.

“Keep your thanks, the Black Tithe must be paid.” replied the cold unfeeling voice of the Death Knight rider, clad in black and mounted atop a skeletal horse.

The rider presented a long roll of parchment, looked to be made of human skin, the Peasant balked in horror as he could make out what appeared to be a human ear in one corner and an empty eye socket in another.

Scrawled across the ghastly parchment were a list of names, all signed in blood.

The Peasant pricked his finger with his wood working knife and in his own blood signed his name.

“The Tithe is paid, take what we need.” The Knight barked to his skeletal minion near by.

The Peasant looked over in shame and horror as he saw the skeleton make it’s way over to the patch of land behind his cottage that served as the family grave yard…

The Black Tithe is a new initiative we intend to start up soon that will allow the Knights of the Dark Grail to have a reason to travel more freely about the world and to interact with other RP communities and guilds.

Much like their living counterparts the Knights of the Dark Grail seek to go on quests, slay foul creatures and perform incredible deeds.

While for mortal Knights the rewards of glory, fame and gold may be enough to satisfy them the dead have no need for such things, as such the Dark Grail introduced the Black Tithe as a way for them to serve their own needs and wants.

The Dark Grail will often seek out those who are in need of aid and will provide that aid so long as the person being aided signs the Black Tithe, The Black Tithe is a document written by the Dark Grail that allows them to take some sort of payment from the signer.

Sometimes the payment can be as little as ensuring that the Dark Grail have enough enemies to slay so they can sate their eternal hunger, more often the Black Tithe will allow someone of authority to pay the Dark Grail by allowing them to take a number of remains from a grave yard to be put to work for the Ebon Blade and in some very rare cases, the signer will agree to allow the Dark Grail to take posession of their mortal remains after they have died so that they may be raised as a minion for the Ebon Blade, people with a craft or skill such as black smiths are popular with the Dark Grail for this form of payment.

What this means from a Roleplaying perspective is we of the Dark Grail can approach RP communities and offer the Black Tithe in exchange for some sort of service, usually this will take the form of a DM’d event that we will lead, we’ll also invite locals to accompany us to the site of said trouble so that it will generate RP for both parties.

And if the community we approach are unwilling to sign the tithe and want to chase us away, well at least that’s generated some sort of story for both involved.

Any feedback people can give me on the concept of the Black Tithe is very welcome and we do have more ideas we intend to announce as we move forward so it’s worth keeping an eye on this thread.

6 Likes

And I thought what I demanded in return for a boon was bad. I mean, Gods… “I’ll help you, but you’ll let me take the remains of your friend and damn him to eternal servitude to me”. :rofl:

I can tell you that demanding the “Black Tithe” (I like the name however) will land you IC far more trouble than good, not to mention give material for blackmail to some.

“You sought the help of these abominable Undead monsters and in return for whatever dark deed they performed in your name you allowed them to defile the dead for their own malicious ends! I’m sure the Paladins of the Silver Hand will be very interested in your… decisions.”

:thinking: This is going to be interesting…

4 Likes