[A-Event] A small sermon for Teldrassil

A priestess of Elune can be seen making her way between small and big kaldorei settlements in Kalimdor, sharing a brief invitation to a sermon. An invitation to honour those lost to the flames.

"Two years ago, Teldrassil, Darnassus and it’s citizens were lost to the flames. Whether one seeks vengeance for those fallen or solace amongst those of kin, the time has come to yet anew pay our respects to those who in a gruesome way met an all too cruel end. For one night, we seek to for a moment put our differences aside to honour those fallen. Together.
For Teldrassil."

In remembrance of the burning of Teldrassil, those amongst the Kaldorei and their allies are welcomed to a small sermon and offering to honour those fallen and lost to the flames.

Date: 2 August 2020
Time: 20:00 - 20:30 (roughly)
Location: The archway facing the sea, Feathermoon Stronghold, Feralas.
Faction: Alliance

Misc OOC-details

Whilst the event itself is rather kaldorei-centric, allies of the kaldorei are naturally welcome to attend! The sermon itself will not be particularly lengthy, but due to the impact this had upon the community, it feels like it is something well worth honouring - even if it is only by a small event.

The event itself will be rather brief in nature - a short sermon and a small offering. You are welcome to listen in or partake, alone or with company, kaldorei or allied thereof.

Teldrassil is a sensitive topic, and what the actions of the Kaldorei should be after it perhaps even more so - of course this is something we understand. There is a time and place for everything, debate included, but due to the nature of the event, we kindly ask for arguing and disruptive forces to be left out this time - even if those of course have their place in RP too! The focus of this event is a respectful memorial after all :crescent_moon:

26 Likes

Time to whip out the wine and a crate of tissues.

7 Likes

Count me in, my friends!

6 Likes

I will make sure to be there. Lovely initiative and certainly bound to spark some emotions.

6 Likes

Great initiative!

6 Likes

Cool thing :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

Sounds interesting!

3 Likes

Very cool to see an event honouring Teldrassil. Should time allow, I’ll retrieve Mythundis from the retirement home to pop by!

10 Likes

Sounds great, depending on my job I’d love to attend on Mithralles here. It’s been a while since I RP’ed him!

3 Likes

Definitely attending! Thornshade will do her very best not to start ranting about vengeance, too.

2 Likes

I’m def coming. Can’t wait to see what it looks. Hell, I even went and grinded rep for an item so my character can have at least somewhat of a ceremonial look.

3 Likes

Tonight is the night! I am so happy for all the kind words so far<3

For those of you who wish, you are welcome to bring along any lantern with a blue or white glow for use when prompted to IC. Either a battle pet, like the enchanted lantern, or an equippable offhand with a similar light. Do note that this is of course not neccesary for participation in any way, but it will be a pretty way to add to the visuals of sorts if one wishes to bring such! ^^

I look forwards to see you there!

3 Likes

This was so lovely. Thank you so much for hosting it, Ia!

4 Likes

Right, where do one even start? I could not ever have hoped for such a turnout as tonight brought. Thank you so much to whoever showed up tonight <3 It was immensly heartwarming to this rather shy kaldorei priestess in particular, and it makes me so very happy to be part of such a lovely community as this is! From the bottom of my heart, thank you for making this little event to what it became <3

I also wish to extend my deepest gratitude to my guildies in The Nightblade Sentinels, who helped me with this. Telariel, Aariam, Uodrieth and Alylia - thank you so much. Every day in the same guild as you people is a good day <3

Oh, brief edit - should someone happen to have screenshots of this, do get in touch. I kind of forgot to take any of my own meanwhile <.<

9 Likes

It was lovely to be apart of! I believe there’s some in the Elunite Discord!

2 Likes

Thank you for hosting it. It was easy to approach and follow through. Felt like night elf RP community needed an event like this. Hope you will be hosting more events like this in the future!

3 Likes

That was really fun and pretty impressive! Thanks for organising it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It was an wonderful event, beautiful from start to finish, the lanterns at the end, honestly my fav part <3
I took a few pictures of the event, tried to edit them a bit.
´https://imgur.com/a/9jEB8Kb ´

4 Likes
6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.