[A-Event] Alor'el Spring Festival šŸŒŗ

Thank you everyone for a wonderful Saturday! It was great seeing so many turn up for the second festival day, and admired all the transmogs people wore. :tulip:

As always, I want thank everyone who helped and have them recognized for their contributions:

• Neoleb for taking on the role of Narrator for the play, them roleplaying a bard truly shined as they conjured beautiful rhymes for the narratorā€™s telling of the events! Thank you also for distributing the Saturday raffle tickets!
  • Ryldor for playing Elyrion the alchemist and the bog beast in the play, and helping with many other things in the background. Thank you also for distributing the Saturday raffle tickets!
  • Aerandul, for playing Toreth the Lorekeeper and the stone giant, thank you also for your aid iterating the play script! Weā€™ve known each other for ages and I genuinely appreciate friends like you flying in to help even after all this time.
  • Vryl for helping with the Priestess role at the start of the play, and steadily keeping the ā€˜backstage curtainā€™ up throughout the show. Thank you for distributing the Saturday raffle tickets as well!

We were really excited about the play based on the Stones, Moss and Tears story in the Fairy & Folk Tales of Azeroth book, and it was extremely cool to hear that some people even streamed the show to their friends. Preparing and practicing the play was a bit of a time sink, and really I couldnā€™t have asked for a better team to collaborate on it! Many thanks everyone who shared kind words about the performance in-game and on Discord. :performing_arts:

• The stall holders: The Night Wardens, Dustcloud Corporation, Nifreā€™s Verdant Dryad, Morgrimā€™s Coalworks, Royā€™s Pet Pals, and Nicolas Potions and Tinctures. Your presence was greatly appreciated, giving people more things to do at the event, and helping spread the crowd around the area!
  • Everyone who participated in Bonk-Alore, despite some small hiccups with the tournamentā€™s trial run people seemed to have fun with this game, so more shall be organized in the future! Congratulations to the first Bonk-Alore Champion Ayrdail!

Wonā€™t share screenshots of the second night as Iā€™m working on a video that hopefully shows the event much better than still images ever could. Will share it here when done, big thanks again to everyone who attended and made it a night to remember!

13 Likes

What a fun couple of nights it has been! Iā€™m already sad that itā€™s overā€¦

A very big thank you to everyone involved in making this happen, from folks working the stalls to those performing, hosting games and everyone else involved (including those behind the scenes)! Not to forget Acrona herself for organizing it all! Itā€™s been a joy to get to roleplay with so many different people. Us Delinquents had a blast. :heart:

4 Likes

Of course I missed this, but Iā€™ll try to be around for the next event.

4 Likes

Event video:

12 Likes

Love the video!!

Sad to of missed the second day due to technical issues but from what I hear from my guildies it was a blast as much as the first day was!! - Happy of had the pleasure attended this yearā€™s spring festival and hope to see it return again! Thank you and those that helped, with hosting :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What a show! The quality of this event warmed even this coal-spewing lads heart!

I really enjoyed the chance to partake and host my shop, I hope everyone had as much fun as I did! Heh!

Sad to have missed bonkalore and the play, next time though!! :fire::hammer::sparkles:

3 Likes

Thank you Urrus and Coalsmith! It was a pleasure to have you both!

And thank you everyone whoā€™ve commented on the event on Discord and elsewhere. We were over the moon in particular about the reception that the play received!

It was wonderful to bring this tale forward, especially for those who donā€™t own the Folk & Fairy Tales of Azeroth book. You can read a summary of the story on Warcraft Wiki. Adored it when I read it, and though we didnā€™t want the play to be a 1:1 copy, we wanted to stay true to the overall plot and characters.

The performance ended up over an hour long, and Iā€™m so proud of Neoleb, Aerandul, Ryldor and Vryl for their enthusiasm and commitment to it in rehearsals and at the event itself! If possible though, Iā€™ll avoid multiboxing characters myself in the future should they be in the same scene, as it was a bit of a struggle in a few select spots. :sweat_smile: But everyone else did perfect!

Theatre aside, there was also interest in seeing more dance events, keep your jazz shoes on! People are becoming such pros that next time we can go (just slightly) faster :ballet_shoes: Will also look into hosting a sports event combining both Moonball and Bonk-Alore at some point.

Thereā€™s still more spring festivities scheduled up for the community by other players, and I encourage everyone to visit them too! Itā€™s a good season for jovial events before the next expansion sweeps us into another world-threatening scenario.

8 Likes

Due to Twitter/Xā€™s video length restrictions, made also a shorter version of the event video to market our realm on social media:

The preview may be mushy on the forums though.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.