[A-Event] Alor'el Spring Festival šŸŒŗ

Prize for the Loremaster Challenge :feather:

The visual represents a quill pen. The first-place winner will receive a link for downloading the item graphic, and may use it in character profiles etc. as a representation of an item in their possession. They may gift their prize to another character if they wish to.

6 Likes

Rules for the Loremaster Challenge added!

Edit: Also a small story snippet from Acronaā€™s POV:

With a troubled brow and a tea gone cold, Acrona sifted through the note pile left for her at The Silver Feather inn. List of people to meet with, festival plans and schedules, dress and decoration arrangements. She scribbled a few more notes to summarize her tasks for the coming weeks.

It had been years since Acrona played host at a spring celebration, and not without a reason. Last time she did, her welcome speech trembled into a stutter, followed by a nerve-racked flight from the stage. It had been too soon after losing faith in most everything - especially in herself.

Yet sheā€™d been asked to, or rather pestered into giving it another try until her ears were sore. Even when they were children, Kaitalos was persuasive. Perhaps she could help strengthen their kinā€™s hope of a brighter future, as he had put it.

Acrona reached for a parchment with an artful picture of an alorā€™el, loverā€™s leaf in Darnassian. Purple ink curled into heart-shaped leaves along graceful branches, the drawing rising into tendrils that flowered with large petals and crescent anthers.

A legend had it that the rare plant bloomed only for a couple sharing a true love. Acrona let out a soft exhale. Finding romantic love was something sheā€™d given up on years ago, in pursuit of a goal still unmet. Now she was expected to conjure a touching opening speech inspired by the flower, with the festival named after it to promote the atmosphere of affection and kinship.

What could she say that came from the heart?

6 Likes

Prizes for the Friday raffle:

6 Likes

Big hype! Will be there!

2 Likes

One week to go!

Moved stall spot 5 from the lodge to outside, so that the building wonā€™t be too crammed in case all the spots were taken. The outdoor spot allows the potential stall more space without an NPC on the spot - and has a nice view over the area from the hill!

Kudos to the stallholders whoā€™ve signed up so far!

Edit: The The Night Wardensā€™ Naval Trade moved from spot 7 to spot 5!

4 Likes

Och! Happy to bring a bit of heat - erh - SPICE! No, aye! FLAMES to the elven lands!
I WILL BE SURE NOT TO BURN THE MARKET DOWN!
(Happy to host my smithy! Always a treat to meet folks and chances for new RP!)

2 Likes

Hello there! If possible, Iā€™d love to apply to be a stallholder for Friday if there are still spots! <3

Business is named Borealis Bakery, the vendor is a Draenei named Viiumi (OOC name is Vishavish)

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi, wonderful! :cook: :croissant: Iā€™ve given you Spot 6 on Friday, by the cooking area! Thank you for signing up, looking forward to seeing you there! :sunflower:

2 Likes

Perfect, thank you so much! :sparkles: :goat:
Ohh! If it helps I have a menu that can be viewed here ~ borealisbakery . carrd . co

2 Likes

Thanks for the link, thatā€™s really cute! Love how the treats are inspired by draenei lore!

2 Likes

The festivities are fast-approaching! :drum: Saturday raffle prizes:

Thatā€™s all the items done now, hope people like them :crossed_fingers:

Thereā€™s one stall spot available - if youā€™d be interested in setting up a stall to sell goods or services, or host small activity like darts, Hearthstone matches and so forth, please check out the event information and be in touch!

Also looking for a bit of help! If anyone is able to take some video footage of the Friday dancing, and the Saturday play, thatā€™d be hugely appreciated! Preferably no camera movement, minim. 1920x1080 screen resolution with graphic settings set to high. If you happen to have 4k display, bigger resolution also welcome. Could be done with the free OBS video recorder! :movie_camera::film_strip:

Iā€™d like to make an event video afterward and those two activities might be tricky for me to capture footage of myself.

See you soon!

7 Likes

The festivities begin tonight! :hibiscus:

:information_source: Please remember to read the event information here or on the Argent Archives. Iā€™ve limited availability at the event, and may miss or be slow to answer questions, so it really helps if people read the information regarding the activities in advance to align their expectations!

:clock730: The event begins at 19:30 Server Time already ā€“ please be on time! Especially if you wish to have a chance at the raffle tickets, itā€™s good to be there early.

:notes: Thereā€™s a music stream for the event, tune in particular for the dancing on Friday, and Bonk-Alore on Saturday! Come listen on W2Gether

:mag: As the event may be crowded, the Listener AddOn is helpful for keeping track of the chat messages of chosen players when there is a lot going on. Remember to update the AddOn if you havenā€™t used it in a good while.

:sunrise_over_mountains: If you wish to adjust the in-game lighting for atmosphere, thereā€™s the Date Simulation Modulator toy that can be used to alter the daytime and lighting of the area. The toy is visible to only you and your party members. Personally, Iā€™ll go for the Romantic Sunset mode for slightly brighter footage!

:large_blue_circle: Please notice the event is Alliance only

:hugging: We hope tonight provides something fun for everyone to participate in:

• Loremaster Challenge by Sahoenna
  • Guided Dancing by Acrona
  • Raffle tickets may be used as conversation starters!
  • Stall vendors with many goods to browse
  • The Night Wardens are hosting a naval themed minigame, and the Moonrise Hermitage a riddle contest as part of their respective stalls!
  • Chance to try bonking people in preparation for Saturdayā€™s Bonk-Alore

See you there!

8 Likes

While Iā€™m unsubscribed and not planning to return at least until TWW, Iā€™ll attend this event on a trial version of Lintian just to see the sheer effort Acrona and others are putting into it.

Iā€™m particularly interested in the dance event!

6 Likes

A shame I cannot attend tonight as Acrona-organised events are usually one of the best of the realm!

I canā€™t wait to see the screenshots and videos made off this wonderfull event!

4 Likes

Raffle update: Because Letter Parchments cannot be traded at present, youā€™ll instead be given the phrase within the ticket in /whisper, and your name is added to a numbered spreadsheet next to that phrase when your character obtains the ticket in-character.

Trading Plain Letters worked fine in the past and Iā€™m unsure when Blizz made this change. You can still add Plain Letters to the guild bank or mail them to other people, but not directly trade them.

1 Like

Excited to see the festival, and I hope to be present for at least the latter half of things!

Unfortunately, I gotta be AFK between 8-9:30 ST. Is it okay to try and get a raffle ticket before that? Completely understandable if you wish to give raffle tickets to others whoā€™re present throughout, though!

Either way, canā€™t wait! Hope itā€™ll be as stress-free as possible xx :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll begin the opening speech soon after 19:30 ST. Weā€™ll move to distributing the raffle tickets and taking sign-ups to the Loremaster Challenge right afterward.

Thereā€™ll be 3 people distributing the raffle tickets to speed things up, and we have 70 tickets to hand out, so you have good chances of obtaining one before having to go AFK!

See you there! :sunflower:

Reposting for visibility:

The festivities begin tonight! :hibiscus:

:information_source: Please remember to read the event information here or on the Argent Archives. Iā€™ve limited availability at the event, and may miss or be slow to answer questions, so it really helps if people read the information regarding the activities in advance to align their expectations!

:clock730: The event begins at 19:30 Server Time already ā€“ please be on time! Especially if you wish to have a chance at the raffle tickets, itā€™s good to be there early.

:notes: Thereā€™s a music stream for the event, tune in particular for the dancing on Friday, and Bonk-Alore on Saturday! Come listen on W2Gether

:mag: As the event may be crowded, the Listener AddOn is helpful for keeping track of the chat messages of chosen players when there is a lot going on. Remember to update the AddOn if you havenā€™t used it in a good while.

:sunrise_over_mountains: If you wish to adjust the in-game lighting for atmosphere, thereā€™s the Date Simulation Modulator toy that can be used to alter the daytime and lighting of the area. The toy is visible to only you and your party members. Personally, Iā€™ll go for the Romantic Sunset mode for slightly brighter footage!

:large_blue_circle: Please notice the event is Alliance only

:hugging: We hope tonight provides something fun for everyone to participate in:

• Loremaster Challenge by Sahoenna

• Guided Dancing by Acrona

• Raffle tickets may be used as conversation starters! (Update: the ticketā€™s content will be /whispered to you, and your name taken for the raffle)

• Stall vendors with many goods to browse

• The Night Wardens are hosting a naval themed minigame, and the Moonrise Hermitage a riddle contest as part of their respective stalls!

• Chance to try bonking people in preparation for Saturdayā€™s Bonk-Alore

See you there!

3 Likes

The even starts in 30 minutes!

Posting this just to encourage people to open the launcher in good time, as there was an update to the WoW client today that you may have to download and install first. For some the initializing phase may take quite long. See you soon!

4 Likes

Thank you all who attended last night! Hope you had as much fun as I did.

Day 1 recap:

Kudos

• Thank you Sahoenna for hosting the Loremaster Challenge, and congratulations Thalyndrae for victory!
  • Thank you Neoleb, Vryl and Ryldor (as Veilroot) for handing out the raffle tickets! Appreciate your help a lot especially after we found out trading letter items isnā€™t possible right now.
  • Thank you Jaiā€™are and Tessaemay for doing the mini game & riddle contest as part of your stalls
  • Thank you so much ArliĆ©n for taking video footage of the dancing, canā€™t wait to work on the event video later!
  • Thank you Ryldor for helping me test and iterate the dance choreographies prior the event!

Opening Speech

"Tonight we come together to celebrate the shift of season and to share a night of kinship.

Blood may not bond us, but let us here and now stand as family in our affinity for nature and the need to belong.

Some of you might have wondered about the name of the event as seen in posters; Alorā€™el Spring Festival. In Darnassian, Alorā€™el means Loverā€™s Leaf. A beautiful plant that some say only blooms for a couple sharing a perfect love.

This is where you might expect me to go on a long monologue about glorified romance, and how love eternal conquers all.

Truth is, I donā€™t believe in ā€˜perfect loveā€™.

In Darnassian, thereā€™s a concept called ALARAā€™SHINU.

Alaraā€™shinu. Translated, it means finding beauty in imperfection. Those who practice this philosophy aim to understand the transience of everything around usā€”and more importantly, to accept it.

We are all imperfect. And thus, how could our love be perfect, outside of fleeting moments?

You may think I belittle the power of love. I donā€™t.

In fact, I believe love is even more powerful as something that is continuously tested to prevail. A perennial journey into ourselves and those we care about.

Like a gardenā€¦ Leave it unattended too long, and it may wither, or grow wild. Water it too much, and it may drown, smothered.

And EVEN if you tended to the garden as best you could, it wonā€™t stay exactly the same year to year. If the plants growing there were our feelings, they continue to grow and develop with time, each unique and ever in motion.

Instead of chasing the idea of perfect love, I implore you to focus on friendship first. For what good is love or kinship without friendship at its heart? An affection based on mutual understanding and trust.

Like alorā€™el, Loverā€™s Leaf, genuine friendships may be rare to find. And itā€™s not born in an instant. I once heard a wise saying, ā€˜Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit.ā€™

Now look around you; there may be seeds of friendship waiting to be found at this very festival.

Thank you."

Dustcloud Corporationā€™s stall

Nicolas Potions and Tinctures

Morgrimā€™s Coalworks blacksmithing service

Viiumiā€™s bakery stall & people queueing to raffle tickets

Moonrise hermitageā€™s wine & Riddle Contest stall

Starting position for the second dance called Faerie Circle, and the Night Wardensā€™ Naval Trade stall in the background

The raffle is drawn

Raffle ticket quotes with the RL sources

You can view the winning draws here

Bonk-Alore practice

Day 2 starts at 19:30 ST again, with a recap and introductions to the nightā€™s activities. For the full details, please see the Saturday section in the opening post.

Donā€™t forget to read the Bonk-Alore game introduction & rules! The tournament will have much more space than the practice rounds last night, in which the goal was to help people understand how the bonking with the toy works. Thereā€™ll be another opportunity to try it out before the play. :crossed_swords:

For the first match, participants will be split into two opposing teams. Battle tactics may be spun, and friendships tested. Donā€™t forget to tune in to some epic beats playing in the background when the time comes! :notes:

See you there!

13 Likes

Iā€™ve been here since the very early days of vanilla, and whilst I donā€™t really RP much anymore (I reckon I stopped around MoP?), I will always try and dedicate the time to head to an Acrona-run event as I know how quickly I can slip back into characters and habits at them!

I just want to say publically how much I enjoyed taking part in the eventā€™s festivities yesterday, and how good it is to see Acrona continuing her legacy as one of ADā€™s great content creators - so much work and thought goes into these things and whilst sheā€™s hardly unrecognised, itā€™s still worth saying well done and thank you.

6 Likes