[A-Event] Byltan - Kaldorei Spring Celebration 🌸

Spring is in the air and we gather to celebrate all that lives and breathes. Byltan is a rite of High Spring and as such it is a celebration of love, life and fertility. On this night we pay special homage to love in all its forms, be it between lovers, family or friends. Relationships in general are also celebrated during this spring holiday. Apart from celebrating love, life and relationships, Byltan is also a time where we honour the Soul of the Forest, Aessina, and the awakening of the wilds.

Date: 29th of April, 2023
Time: 19:30
Dresscode: Spring colours! Green, pink and pastels. (The dresscode is NOT mandatory)
Faction: Alliance
Music: Byltan Playlist
The festival will open with a short speech to welcome all attendees and to give a brief rundown of the night’s events.

We invite traders from near and far to set up their stalls at Byltan and peddle their wares. Byltan is a celebration of relationships, and as such we would like to honour the relationship between trader and customer during this festive market. Bring your best wares and prepare to trade!

Traders rumoured to be present:
Hruroth Runebraid - rune enchantments
Throrgar Stormheart - gryphons, saddles and other Wildhammer goodies
Ashanna - drinks and traditional kaldorei cuisine
Balturas Strongoak - trinkets and other cosmetic items
Elrinde - home-made treats, teas, Hermitage wines, birch beer and a plethora of handcrafted trinkets
Eadwald Fairhair - finest dwarven ales, meads and beer!

The kaldorei have a tradition of sharing kinship bracers with their friends and loved ones. These bracers are given as a sign of friendship, devotion, love or courtship. Perhaps you want to gift one to that special someone because you want to prove your love and devotion, offer a kinship in blood, have a special connection or even just want to treasure a very special friendship? Regardless of the thought behind it, these bracers will symbolize the bond that has been forged between the individuals. During the festival a workshop will be held for those who wish to learn how to make kinship bracers. The effort put in and the thought behind the gift is what gives it its true value.

Kinship Bracer materials list

Are you looking for love? Or are you perhaps down on your luck and hope that the future has something better in store for you? Regardless of your situation, you are welcome to have your fortune read at Byltan this year! This is a special treat, so if you’re curious don’t hesitate to come and listen to what the stars have to say about your destiny.

As is tradition, a play will be performed during Byltan. Festival-goers have come to expect it and it is usually a well received highlight of the evening. This year's play will be the story of how the evergreen trees got to keep their leaves (needles) in winter. It is a short and sweet tale that pays homage to the forest and to Aessina.

We will close this year’s festival by performing a ritual dedicated to Aessina, the Mother of Wisps and the Soul of the Forest.

OOC Details:

Schedule:
19:30 Opening Ceremony
19:45 Market/Kinship Bracer Workshop/Fortune Telling
20:30 Play
21:00 Market/Kinship Bracer Workshop
22:30 Closing Ritual

Calling all stallholders and merchants!

We are looking for people willing to host a stall of some kind during the festival, in order to create a living marketplace! Please reach out to the event organizer if you’re interested in having your stall feature at the market!

Discord: Tinwëtar#2106
In-game: Tínwëtar

• Byltan is a kaldorei themed celebration of spring, but it is open to any member of the Alliance who’d like to participate.

• Spring themed clothing is not mandatory, but it is encouraged. Soft pastels and greens are perfect for this holiday.

• We kindly ask all attendees to refrain from using dark magics, such as fel and void, during this festival, as we feel it goes against the theme of life.

• We also ask you to, please, keep in mind that this is supposed to be a festive occasion and refrain from disrupting it with attempted robberies, summoning of demons, invasions of orcs or similar things. Such things have their time and place, and can be great fun, but we feel that they do not belong during this joyous celebration of life.

Main header and footer is made by StickerB and used with permission by Falkyrn (as the original commissioner).
28 Likes

Looking forward to this one! Great to see events like these appear!!

1 Like

Oooh yeah, looking forward to this one!

2 Likes

Yes! Looking forward to this!

2 Likes

This looks delightful and I will endeavour to nag Frolbar into ensuring the Morodnir are present!

:beers: :hibiscus: :deciduous_tree: :star2:

3 Likes

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing our best dwarven friends again! :cherry_blossom: :herb: :beers:

1 Like

Sent you a message on discord disguised as a friend request

1 Like

Thank you! Looking forward to seeing your market stall during Byltan! :cherry_blossom:

Good luck with the spring festival. It’s one of my favorite events along with the jade Forrest one coming up.

:heart:

1 Like

I might have to dust up my old Nightborne (High elf in disguise) and come to visit this year’s Byltan. Last time was such a treat and I still have my cherished kinship bracelet on!

Thank you for keeping the festivals alive :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

Unsure if I can make it due to already having plans for that weekend, but I’m sure this will be great! The theatre plays have always been amazing! :partying_face:

1 Like

Now this is a good reason to visit Kalimdor on Calaste. See you there.

1 Like

Byltan is a week away! Woooh! We are still looking for merchants and stall holders to peddle their wares at the market! If you’re interested, please reach out!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there on the day!

6 Likes

I have managed to sufficiently bother Frolbar into having the Morodnir attend!

I can also provide a rune enchantment stall too! :man_mage:

2 Likes

Yay! Lovely to hear that you’ll come along! And a rune enchantment stall would be absolutely amazing! :heart:

Wonderful! Always looking forward to a Kaldorei event!

But the bigggest question remains; What. Is. The Dresscode? :o

1 Like

The dresscode is not mandatory, but I recommend spring colours! So green, pink and pastels in general. Oh, and flower crowns are always a good bet! :cherry_blossom: :herb:

5 Likes

The thread has been updated with some information about the play, as well as a list of traders that are rumoured to be present. If you would like to host a stall, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!

6 Likes

Super hyped for this!

2 Likes

Looking forward to this! See you all there! :sparkles:

2 Likes