[A-Event] Samha - Kaldorei Rememberance of the Dead

The night when the veil between the worlds of life and death is thin approaches and on this night we gather to honour and remember our beloved dead.

Date: 1 November 2020
Time: 20:00
Faction: Alliance

In'elah shan'are,

On the first of Curuhen we invite you all to Karnum’s Glade to participate in a night of honouring and remembering those who have rejoined the Goddess. The celebration of Samha is a kaldorei tradition, but we invite all members of the Alliance who would like to share this night of rememberance with us. Samha is a night of rememberance and gratitude, and in addition to remembering our own beloved dead we also give thanks to the Ancients for their noble sacrifices in times past. It is also a night of storytelling and sharing in the last bounty of the Autumnal harvest.

Anar’alla Elune,
Priestess Tinwëtar Ravenmist

⸰☽ Welcome and Opening Ritual ☾⸰

We bid everyone welcome and open the night’s event with a small ritual dedicated to those who have passed on.

⸰☽ Altar to the Dead ☾⸰

We will join together to build an altar in celebration of our beloved and honoured dead. We encourage you all to bring gifts, food, wine, items of special meaning to you and your loved ones who have passed, to contribute to this altar. Together we will create a celebration of lives lived and passed, a veneration to all the ways those who have come before us have touched our hearts.

⸰☽ Ritual of Rememberance ☾⸰

As this is a night where the veil between the worlds is thin, it is one of the rare occasions when the spirits of the departed are brought so much closer to us. In a show of affection, love and remembrance we will craft love notes and love letters which we will place into paper lanterns and set them afloat in the Moonwell. This way, we will let the spirits of those who have left us know that we still remember them and love them.

⸰☽ Feast and Storytelling ☾⸰

Samha is not only a celebration of the dead, it is also the time when the last of the harvest is brought in. In celebration of this a feast will be prepared for everyone to enjoy. A special table with dishes prepared as offerings to the dead will also be present. You may take small offerings from this table to place upon your altar, so that your beloved dead may partake in the bounty on offer as well. We encourage all of you to share stories about the dead as you enjoy the feast.

OOC details:

Schedule:
20:00 Welcome and Opening Ritual
20:30 Altar to the Dead
21:15 Ritual of Rememberance
21:45 Feast and Storytelling

Please note that the schedule above is an estimate and subject to change during the course of the evening.

• Samha is a kaldorei themed celebration and honouring of the dead, but it is open to any member of the Alliance who’d like to participate.

• Dark clothing is not mandatory, but it is encouraged. Dark blues, browns, greys and blacks are all suitable for this holiday.

• We kindly ask all attendees to refrain from using dark magics, such as fel and void, during this festival, as we feel it goes against the theme of honouring the dead and celebrating the ancients and the Goddess.

• We also ask you to, please, keep in mind that this is supposed to be a festive occasion and refrain from disrupting it with attempted robberies, summoning of demons, invasions of orcs or similar things. Such things have their time and place, and can be great fun, but we feel that they do not belong during this particular event.
13 Likes

Looks great :slight_smile:

1 Like

This sounds great! I’d have one question regarding the location and dealing with Horde (esp. potentially disrespectful and disruptive ones), considering its Circle territory and this remembrance event is likely a rather touchy subject to many kaldorei. How will you be dealing with this?

I love the idea.
But isn’t using a neutral spot with tauren a little odd?

Its Cenarion Circle, i think the Moo cows there would agree that memorials for the fallen are a good thing.

Plus. its a damned lovely spot, had some great times with the Handmaidens of Elune there! should be good! I shall try and be there in one form or another!

2 Likes

I will totally be there, can’t wait for it!

3 Likes

Thanks guys! And I believe Hedris summed up above the reasons for why we chose Karnum’s Glade for this event. It is a lovely spot with great atmosphere and since it belongs to the Cenarion Circle, we see no issues with hosting our event there really. We have no beef (no pun intended) with the Cenarion Circle after all. :slight_smile:

I know it’s a bit short notice, but hopefully some of you guys will be able to show up. ^^

2 Likes

I have celebrated Samha in game so many times now that I write it in my calendar every year ^^ I am sure it will be a nice evening too, and I look forwards to seeing more of the Kaldorei community again <3

2 Likes

Will certainly try to be there. This is something my character needs.

2 Likes

Will try to be there, lovely initiative!

1 Like

This!
(In 10 chars)

2 Likes

Samha is happening tonight! Despite it being a more somber and ritualistic holiday than, say, Jurina’tore, it is still one of my favourites and I look forward to celebrating it with you tonight. :heart:

2 Likes

As usual these smaller events are a really nice way to get people together and make things a little more lively. Really liked the small bits where people could participate (offerings, lanterns etc.). Thanks for hosting this :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

4 Likes

Thanks for hosting, the event was lovely and elegant!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words! :heart:

And a big thank you to everyone who attended last night’s event! I’m so happy with the turnout, despite the short notice. And a huge thank you to Telariel for hosting part of the ritual, to Ialluen for helping and to Maracyn for writing the beautiful call and response hymn at the beginning of the ceremony. :heart:

3 Likes

Had a great time! I enjoyed how I was the only worgen there. I see I stood out in some screenshots. At least I can pinpoint myself in those shots.

But overall enjoyed the gathering, really hope another is done again soon, definitely will attend. Thank-you, so much for hosting.

2 Likes

It was great seeing you there, Stallnorth. Thank you so much for coming and I’m glad you had a good time.

Next event like this that we’ll try to host will be Illthanyn in December, I think. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am really looking forward to it.

1 Like

I was quietly annoyed that I couldn’t put together a white transmog in time (we always used to wear white robes to these things) - turns out white leather is surprisingly rare! But I managed something dark instead. Was a nice little gathering, all in all!

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words. I am so happy you enjoyed it. And it’s cool that you used to wear white robes to this. That’s something for me to consider for next year perhaps. :heart:

P.S. Tin saved a plate of food for Aerandul and the sprite darter. :smiley:

2 Likes