A Formal Request Thread for Fresh/New TBC Servers: the EU version

Introduction: a thread on the US forums caught a lot of attention, to the point where it got more than 400 upvotes, and around 1400 comments…but unfortunately EU players can’t participate there. Therefore, I decided to copy the original post as it was, and to let people on the EU forums show that they can have the same kind of constructive discussion. Thank you very much in advance people.

/debate !!

(Here begins the original post):

Within this thread we will give our constructive support for a Fresh 2.4.3 Burning Crusade server for Pre-Patch or release.

These servers will be best released on TBC PrePatch with no transfers or boosts allowed for a set amount of time.

Why?

Many of us watched Classic unfold with new metas and exploits that were not wildly present or at all in Vanilla. Such events have made the server economy flux in a way that is not true to the original spirit of the game.

The popularity of Boosts and GDKPs have encouraged RMT sales and many players brag about their purchases, to sadly no punishment given.

This will result in an absurd economy that many of us wish to avoid entirely.

https://classic.wowhead.com/news=321034/the-burning-crusade-classic-no-gold-cap-on-transfers

There will be no gold caps, meaning tens of thousands of gold will be brought into Burning Crusade.

Back in the day, this amount was unheard of. Only the elite raiders could boast 5,000g. Epic mounts were rare.

If Boosting and GDKP was all done with clean, legit gold, then only the hard earned and farmed gold would be circulated. But it is not. It is dirty RMT gold, as shown by this GDKP sword that supposedly went for ~$3,500:

I for one am thankful some changes are being made for the health of the game. I applaud Blizzard coming forward to realize while it will be nostalgic, it won’t be the same, and the knowledge gathered will be easily abused.

We would love a fresh, clean server, starting anew with these changes, away from the exploitive behavior that we unfortunately witnessed unfold in Classic.

One of each server type (PVE, RP, PVP, RPPVP) on West, East, Oceanic, and EU, etc. would probably be enough.

Yes, the bots will always be there, but we are also hoping a stronger arm is used in Burning Crusade, and quicker action taken to ensure the future health of the servers.

Not only will a Fresh server make the bots/farmers start from the bottom again, it will make the gold buyers stay with their investments on the progressive servers, making them less likely to want to start over from scratch.

An important section I need to add here, while there is the sting of the mess of current servers, a big reason people want fresh is for the new experiences, the fun ambience and new adventures.

Meet new people, getting that new community feel and the leveling scene is very much alive, the maps are very much alive, and, if you love PvP, you get a lot of that, too!

We want to make new friends, make new memories, meet a new community all while getting to experience Burning Crusade all over again.

Now…go ahead and tell us what you think people. Any other arguments for Fresh will go right down here, as quotes (obviously I won’t quote the US forums, I’ll add people’s comments from the EU thread only, so tell us what you think guys !!!):

A nice clean video with solid points.

Information We Have So Far:

Will you open Fresh Classic server in addition to the TBC servers? There seems to be a large demand for it.

Holly: “Great question. For our timeline for Burning Crusade Classic, we won’t be launching any fresh start servers, but I can promise you we got our eyes on that in our future and we will be discussing it once we get through a stable and successful launch with Burning Crusade Classic.”

It was not specified if this was for Fresh Vanilla or Fresh TBC. It feels like she gave an answer for Vanilla so far at this point. Will update once we get more information.

Let us be constructive and civil.

Remember! There were no RPPVP servers at the announcement of Classic as they felt there was 0 demand. Now we have two! We can do this!

27 Likes

Actually it was, it would be Fresh Classic not Classic TBC realms. Two things, one, this subject again? and two, the people at Blizzard who matter will never see this, so you are wasting your time.

Why would Blizzard never see this exactly?

They don’t come to the EU forums, ever, especially those who make the decisions and posts are not forwarded to them.

Besides don’t you think this has been raised many times, on the US forums?

That’s a myth. They very much come to the EU forums, at least the one where most Europeans come to share their POV…which happens to be the one we’re using right now.

It is true, however, that they dgaf about the French/German/Spanish/Italian blablabla (you get the idea) forums.

1 Like

It’s not a myth, I have seen it confirmed by a Blue. Your only way to bring this to Blizzard employees notice is to make a suggestion, the forums are for players not to contact Blizzard.

Edit: Show me one post where Blizzard have said they will forward something on in the EU General forums.

You are a newb here so I can see why you are confused.

Not saying you’re wrong in that case, of course, but I really wouldn’t mind taking a look at that confirmation. I’ll admit that I have a bit of a hard time imagining a blue saying something like “nah, only the US forums matter” (obviously he probably formulated it in a different way xD )

nb: not that much of a noob actually, this is just an alt account :wink:

I said newb not noob, I can see your confusion.

I have been on these forums since they started and the forums before that, and the ones before that too, and since these forums have been active, I have never seen a Blue say in all the EU general forums, “We will pass on your request”

I have seen it once in the Customer Support section.

We need fresh because of:
-the economy
-seeing new people
-getting that fresh adventure where you feel like you’re part of something huge, something special. It’s incredibly fun.
-Draenei shamans and BE paladins will be able to level up with others
-everyone is at the same level

And so on. There are too many good parts about fresh for it not to happen for tbc.

2 Likes

Which will be as it is now in 1 month or two.

It will be the same people you always see.

I’ll give you that one. Apart from those who don’t like levelling.

They can level with each other and in the Pre-patch.

I see it this way, everyone loses everything they have. In other words the big middle finger to those who have already worked hard.

2 Likes

But at least you will be a part of it and not behind it :wink:

You don’t have to reroll fresh if you don’t want to. People that want to joing for TBC but don’t have any friends on existing realms would find better experience on fresh than on progression server where they would either level mostly alone or pay Blizzard/that guy in ZG for a boost and then notice that he won’t get flying and other things nowwhere as fast as existing players (unless RMT).

3 Likes

Simple as that.

2 Likes

There is only one solution that’s a win-win for everyone
We know that vanilla classic eternal servers are coming
We know that wotlk classic will come in ~3 years aswell ,meaning that tbc classic eternal servers will happen .
Why not release fresh eternal tbc servers NOW (either on prepatch or dark portal opening day) ?As you said ,one of each server type (PVE, RP, PVP, RPPVP) on West, East, Oceanic, and EU, etc. would probably be enough.
And Blizz can add a paid char tranfer option to progressive servers that becomes available with wotlk
I pray that this happens . Either that or fresh tbc in general .
But i don’t have high hopes because Blizz wants to see da money flow first before making any investments

This is actually incorrect. Blizzard takes feedback on EU forums more seriously than on US forums due to the amount of toxicity, trolling, and false disagreements on US forums. Even though they don’t post a lot on EU forums, they read a lot.

Sorry but you are wrong, unless you can prove that. I have seen many posts saying they do not accept feedback from the EU General forums.

You don’t need new servers to reroll. QED. They will quickly end up like non-fresh realms, within a month or two at the very most, then people will want fresh-fresh servers, then Fresh-Fresh-Fresh realms and so on.

That everyone will start at 1 and it will be great stuff is just Pie in the Sky, massively optimistic at best, deluded at worst.

1 Like

You are so triggered that people don’t want to play as you want them to play?

On private servers people left their naxx-overgeared accounts to roll level 1 on Fresh server pretty much wiping entire population on existing one. Plus now we also change expansion so there will be people interested in TBC-only, then WoTLK only and so on. Their playstyle for years was to start fresh every once in a while.

Yes, every year or two. Right now there is a very popular WoTLK server where fresh has a 1 year cadence (2x fast content progression) after which everything is merged to master realm and new fresh starts - so you can start leveling new toon on new fresh or continue on master… and for some reason people like to play at least few times through fresh.

Some like pet battles, some like parses while others like Mentos, the Freshmaker.

4 Likes

A FORMAL REQUEST

If they dont release fresh there will still be lots of players starting from level 1. I think fresh TBC should be a thing at the start of WOTLK era and not now.

If you are lucky there will be a huge population spike with TBC, forcing Blizzard to open new servers. Otherwise they just want current realms with a healthy population.

bumpeedy bump