[A/H-RP] The rise of Allied Race DK's [20th of Jan - 20:00]

Well hello there. This is mostly an interest check regarding Allied Race DK’s. Thought this could be an excellent way to introduce new, like old DK’s to the community. This event will be in cooperation with several existing Death Knight Guilds to teach new knights the way of the afterlife.

Crucial information:
The event will be hosted after 8.3 obviously.
The content of the event is still unknown intill we know more from PTR.
I suggest joining the Acherus Community to keep yourself up to date on information regarding the event. (A link will be provided at the bottom)

If information about Allied Race DK’s is scarce, we could mimic the first couple of current DK quests. You were a corpse, you get raised, taught about Runeweapons, taught about the Hunger, fight fellow initiates etc etc.

This event wont be exclusively for Allied Race DK’s, if you have always wanted to make a Human DK, a Blood Elf DK etc. Then you are of course free to join as well.

Again, this is an INTEREST CHECK. So if you like this idea, make yourself visable. Voice your opinion. Give feedback. Edit: Well would you look at that? There’s an interest.

Welcome to the afterlife.
Acherus Community Link: [RP] The Acherus Discord Community - DK/Scourge/Ebon/Individual

Edit: A day has been found. It will be hosted the 20th of Jan 20:00, join the discord for further information.

17 Likes

Ok but only if my initiate doesn’t quit one week into DK rp cause it’ll be the new fad !

6 Likes

I already have other plans for the two DKs I’ll initially roll, but I wish you the best of luck! I might roll a throwaway character just to participate in the event and give people something to do.

4 Likes

I’m down for this.

5 Likes

I’m up for this!

5 Likes

Same, still thinking on which allied race to choose thou.

2 Likes

This is something I’ve wanted to see since Legion, I’m down for this!

3 Likes

Yes. So much yes!
I can’t exclaim enough how healthy i think this would be for the future of the Death Knight RP community.

I also have to echo Baer on this, there will be many RPers who will make an allied race DK and not stick to it, but i think this could help make people keep an interest for their new characters.

I approve

3 Likes

The Onslaught shall take part!
Time to have some new janito-… I mean, new sla-…
Damn it, I mean Initiates!

4 Likes

I came in the moment you wrote ‘‘rise’’

snaps fingers
Time to get to work!

3 Likes

While this does look really interesting, and I am certainly up for joining I do have to wonder.

How will this work with balancing the amount of already existing death knights with the ones that want to make a new death knight?

If we have like a 100 old death knights and only 4-5 new ones wouldn’t that be a bit… awkward?

2 Likes

I’m tempted to create my first DK who is indeed a death knight IC. But at the same time I already have too many lowbie alt…

2 Likes

Well, that’s what an interest check is for. It does require a certain balance. Current DK’s needs the will to host, and new DK’s needs the will to attend. But we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it. ^^

5 Likes

Obadiah Cahn will certainly welcome his new brothers in Death!

1 Like

“Initiates” you mean slaves?

I think is an amazing idea, especially if someone is new to the world of Death Knight RP.
I’ll do a allied race DK myself (even if I’m not going to main because I already have my favorite).

So basically I can join with a max level DK if I specify my character is a initiate, right?

If we consider Death Knight hierarchy as a system based on accomplishments and experience then… yes, absolutely.

I must admit, I lately have been thinking about doing an Unholy Nightborne, or Void Elf…

I’m undecided for now… Ofcourse it won’t be my main Death Knight, but it could be interesting nonetheless! :smiley:

Indeed.
I think the concept of the new allied races DK is really interesting.
I’m curious how they’ll implement a ‘believable’ story.
I think the customizations DK have are fitting for this new races (bias).

Plot twist : They won’t.
It’s blizzard, they stopped caring about lore long ago. IT’s mostly fanservice now.

4 Likes

Yea… it’s kind of disappointing.
They ashamed us in a manner of speaking with the new cinematic, at least in my opinion. We used to be glorious and now we’re ‘one of the many’.
(But hey that’s not the spirit of the topic, my bad.)