A lesson learned

Let this die please…

13 Likes

Question,
Private Militaries and Alliance Militaries, is this discord made for both of them?

I’ve got my life long dream on Argent Dawn to see more official Alliance Soldiers / guilds and less PMC’s. What is your opinion on this?
Do you have a dress code for your joint operations?

Edit: Other than that, sweet initiative.

4 Likes

Its for any military unit that is willing to fly the Alliance Banner, which could include private military. As for Joint Operations we tend to wear our own unit’s colours.

Thanks for the encouragement!

It is a really outstanding initiative. Allows all of military-focused guilds to coordinate and craft cross-guild RP and campaigns. Like the one we are having right now, Operation: Thronebreaker.
Highly recommend to join and use it. Lots of friendly, relaxed folks!
leaves a hoofstamp of approval

2 Likes

Sticks a “Beware of Draenei - Sharp Horns” warning on the door
Now that’s done, discord works like a charm, makes it easy to keep up to tabs with other military regiments and is a step in the direction of combining them into a group of regiments that actually seem to coincide together, rather than being completely separate.

3 Likes

Sounds like an excellent idea, getting Alliance military guilds on one page. I’ve send you a discord friend request, and hope you don’t mind if a bunch Crusader type folks join you!
We’re still Alliance Military, just… with a specific doctrine. :smiley:

1 Like

I welcome the Gilded Compass and the Tyrsworn to the Discord! Hope you enjoy your stay!

I would also like to extend a hand to those searching for a military guild to join, I’d argue there is no better place to find a guild that suits your character, simply add me on discord and we can sort something out!

1 Like

I join in aswell, as am currenly be working on Project Westfallian. That both house westfall brigade and civilian sector.

1 Like

Question, would a holy order fit in with this? We generally work very well alongside regular/traditional Alliance regiments, and easy access to cross-guild stuff is always lovely. We’re not a private military of course, we’re very much endorsed by church and crown!

Plus you nicked our guild motto for your tagline (don’t worry, the young King did it too in BFA!), so we could as well try and join up. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think you would fit in just fine! Add me on discord and we can work it out :slight_smile:

Hello! Are individuals allowed?

Indeed they are! You’ll be giving a different rank in the discord but still have access to most things!

This message is addressed to Kaibyrne and no-one else in his guild or in his discord for military guilds.

It has been brought to my attention that your discord is being used to encourage other guilds to avoid attending events that our guild attend, or to seek for those who arrange events to ban us from attending.

From a personal point of view, by all means ignore us or don’t attend events we are attending, but I find it rather distasteful that you are trying to control other guilds because you have decided YOU don’t want any interaction with us.

We have not caused any issues at events as far as I’m aware, we have also changed our website, as I promised I would ask Shonn to do, so if there are others out there who are of the same mind as you, then there is very little I can do about it. Frankly, we don’t want anything to do with you either, purely because of how you have exaggerated how our guild operates and accused Shonn of things that frankly haven’t happened.

If you had made this “request” to boycott or ban us on these forums, or in game, I would have reported you by now for harrassment. But as you have no qualms to discuss these matters on your discord, I ask why you are not doing so about other guilds that have been branded with the same labels that you have given us. It seems your personal dislike of Shonn and our guild is your main aim and I suggest you don’t force your views on other roleplayers because you may find the hatred you are trying to spread may bounce back on you.

I don’t know how long you have been roleplaying on AD, but the server usually finds its own balance as most roleplayers don’t like being dictated to as to who they can and can’t roleplay with.

You and your guild may well provide good rp to the server, however, you could spoil your own reputation by trying to lead a crusade in this manner. Please note, I haven’t posted anything on your guild thread, as I don’t feel it is fair to the other members of your guild who haven’t given us any grief, even if they have chosen to ignore us and go about their own RP.

6 Likes

There’s a difference between (very justified) advice and ‘trying to control other guilds’, Karienn. You’re ruining whatever accussation you’re dishing out by making such claims.

10 Likes

Hiya, I’m currently not active as a guild yet, could I join and Lurk until we’re up and running?

2 Likes

Considering the advice is to try to push other guilds to avoid another guild, to the degree of having groups of guilds not going to events if another guild (my guild in this case) is present - that to me seems that the Discord here is more RP-destructive than constructive.

If the host of the Discord, in his capacity of guild leader, wants to not RP with my guild (as he made clear in other threads) that’s perfectly his right. But then to try to start his private crusade on a media he shaped for other purposes and has got people in for supposedly promoting military RP … well … that to me says enough on the kind of mindset / attitude of someone.

1 Like

Sure! Add me on discord, you can be an independent rank, we have plenty of guilds here, maybe one might catch your eye!

2 Likes

That’s still not the same as trying to control other people, Shonnylad. Positive or negative isn’t even something I’m addressing yet, I’m trying to help your gal form her argument in a way that doesn’t discredit herself.

4 Likes

I have seen some of the posts that have been made and I’m sorry Tehya but the way things are worded, control is the correct word to use. Anyone who uses this discord can see for themselves, and before anyone asks, no I’m not linking the screenshots I have.

I’m afraid that I will have to debunk your claim. I’ve been in this discord for a while now and Kaibyrne has not expressed a demand for those who make use of that discord to not interact with the Bayerleyn Retinue. He only spoke for his guild on the matter, it’s purely coincidental if others agreed with his stance and decided to join in on it.

13 Likes