A letter to Blizzard - Twinking

Thing is, twinks arent 1 entity. 10-29 will probably be fine. f2p/vets, coolio. Any twink above 30 will see no battlegrounds outside of planned events.

Also, not in patch notes = Rude

3 Likes

Bgs are fair when twinks are pitted against other twinks. Bgs times are drasictally increased (for them) goes to show not as many people twink as you think.

Now the complaints come because they can’t get into bgs because only small % of twinking population that plague pvp and also now their on a fair playing field when they do, so no more one shotting noobs.

Makes no sense to me this change was needed and completly fair.

6 Likes

The very fact that you brought up “no more one-shotting noobs” shows how oblivious you are to what twinking is like these days.

2 Likes

Who cares that my team or the enemy team got twinks in it? If im leveling a fresh character throu bgs and getting one shoted every 2 minutes or less then it is not fun at all, maybe for you but not for me, im not some stupid lesser minor npc to fill your ranks like in “for honor” type of games, im very happy they separated us, one of the Best changes so far.

4 Likes

It’s what it was like for me on a heirloom toon deciding to que for BG’s.

What class were you and what level were you at? Because the lower you are, the easier you get one-shot – especially due to enchants like Elemental Force.

Around lv60 especially NOBODY one-shots except for Rogues, arcane mages, fire mages and Marksmanship hunters and even then the only reason that they can one-shot people is because of how the class works (e.g. class-integrated damage boosters / bonuses that stack). Even as non-twinks you can deal massive damage as those classes. This has nothing to do with “Twinking”.

I’m nearly perfect best-in-slot as a fury warrior and I can definitely not one-shot people. Perhaps I could manage it as arms on a squishy target when i’ve got full buffs running but even then – in return, i will have weak self-sustain. Arms has no defensives against much of anything at 60.

2 Likes

I see you are taking ‘one-shot’ to mean just literally that. Does ‘two-shot’ make it ok? What about three?

Getting one shot, more often than not is a figure of speech. If someone gets killed within 3 seconds, thats pretty much one shot. See how that works?

Starting a fight on a player, 2 seconds later they have 5% hp left and the ‘twink’ with 95%. What odds or ends does it make whether it is one shot or 3 shot. The player might as well bend over and await your arrival.

3 Likes

One shot is just an expression, don’t take it so literally. If a dude dies in a storm bolt (as an example - I don’t even know what level u get it) does it even matter if its one two or 5 hits?

1 Like

Yeah i know what twinking is at the moment. Its exploiting low level bgs for an easy time and easy achivements whilst ruining others expereince.

3 Likes

As a warrior One, two and three hits are a very large difference. I often am not specced in to Storm Bolt at lv60 due to requiring the self healing Of Impending Victory. You could run storm bolt but then you’ll be a lot easier to kill.

Because of this the only CC that we have at lv60 is our interrupt and possibly, a grenade from engineering that everyone can use if they have said proffession.

Mind you that we also have to be within melee range ánd have the rage to actually land several hits.

IF I one-shot someone, they die in one hit.

IF I two-shot somebody, that’s 2-seconds. Not much counterplay, but I still can’t do that anyway unless said person is barely in green gear and has around 3k health (the avg health of a leveler is 4.5-5.2k).

IF I three-shot things, that’s several global cooldowns that I need, especially if you include hamstring with i require against most targets or my burst window will disappear. This gives the person that I’m trying to kill 2-5 seconds to either run away, CC me, Pop a defensive cooldown or any combination of those things that would definitely save them. Chances are that I will also not get another chance to one-shot them because Cooldowns only last for a few seconds, not to mention that I need to have weapon procs (enchants, etc) up while I’m bursting to actually be able to kill people in three or four globals. Arms is also a slow hitter and slow in generating rage.

What it comes down to is that it’s quite easy to survive if you pay attention. I’m by no means saying that anyone can survive it however If you know what you are doing, you very much can.

Arms is also very easy to kite due to only having one charge and one leap.

There is clear counterplay here, despite the difference in gear.

I actually have a 70% chance to lose versus any ret paladin, twink or not as long as they know what buttons they have. Use your cooldowns at the right time and it’s often already over for me, twink or no.

I also can’t catch druids.

2 Likes

Nope. /10char

1 Like

Perhaps you would have a better time understanding our point of view from the other side of the coin. Make a toon, level to whatever bracket you like and stop your XP. Then queue for BG without any twink gear/items/enchants.

Then come back to us, as I don’t feel you actually realise the pain it is to get mowed down for 20min every time you enter a BG and is the reason blizz segregated you guys off again.

5 Likes

Now you’re assuming that I never level characters, but I have and yes, facing a full twink premade is impossible to beat however I have never found myself getting one-shot. Ever. in 90% of cases you can avoid dying within 3-5 seconds to a Twink.

2 Likes

It matters a lot actually. One-shot isnt preventable except by defensives or disco shields.
Remenber the old discussions about one-shot or globaled :smiley: (cant even remenber last time I heard this term)
But I agree, the lingo got a lot more laxed lately and apparently its ok to call one-shot up to three globals :man_shrugging:t5:

4 Likes

It’s semantics, I can’t recall when I last “one shot” a person. I think I had the berserker buff in cata in Kotmogu in MoP with full damage buff from an orb and I killed a guardian druid from full health with one chaos bolt. Thats fun and memorable because its rare.

Twatting people in leveling greens 24/7 is twinks bread and butter. I’m glad its getting stopped because as much as they claim they just want good fights against other twinks, we all know thats a bald faced lie.

4 Likes

This stops at 39+. Nobody really kills things that fast past 29 unless the class itself is too “broken”.

Edit: That’s a class design issue, not a “twink” issue.

2 Likes

Lots of words, I prefer statistics and facts

Oh yea, in a lot of BG’s you win over 80% of them. Now all things being equal most people have a 50-55% win rate. Yours is 80%. We know twinks have a disproportionate effect on BGs and this serves to confirms it.

You can pay lip service to “pop a CD” (because people always have one to pop right!?) but a twink versus anyone else is a lopsided encounter and we both know it.

6 Likes

That’s because I’m awesome and this character is over a decade old.

85% of my battlegrounds played were played in Tbc-Wrath, which was when Twinks DID global everyone so… this argument is pretty meaningless here.

As is a Gladiator vs Normal players. Let’s exclude those from Random Bgs?
As is a 5-man premade vs solo players. Let’s exclude those from Random Bgs?
As is a Mythic-geared player vs Fresh 120s and lower-mode raiders. Let’s exclu-

…Like I said before: that isn’t a good argument because there are just so many different cases that are exactly the same thing, just not involving Twinks.

3 Likes

Not even remotely the same. Twinks are like cheat codes. Forever untouchable.

Also people in BG’s take off gear these days because of whacky scaling. My 405 boomkin tickles a person with 90k hp.

Anyway, we aren’t changing each others minds and my bed is calling, I still think its a good change.

3 Likes

I thought this was one of those unintended changes that happens sometimes, kind of like when flight points were given to people as they levelled.

Have Blizzard confirmed this was intentional?

Edit: I found this in another of these threads. It is intentional.

I bet those Russian teams are annoyed. Also, weren’t Twinks complaining about Stat templates? It seems you can’t have no templates and be in unlocked BGs.