A letter to Blizzard - Twinking

The difference at 120 is that you know you gonna fight people with better gear and you’re there for a chance in obtaining better gear.

FYI the gear gaps at 120 is much higher than while twinking. Get your facts straight. If I were to que into a bg as a freshly dinged dude, yeah I’m gonna get steamrolled by anyone. I don’t have any stats. Or even que into BGs as someone who does m+ regularly. The gear gap is insane at 120.
Getting gear while leveling is very easy. Aside from the tons of cheap heirlooms, and the even cheaper and extremely Strong enchants you can use, there is a lot of gear coming from quest, doing dungeons and BGs. I’ve already explained how a leveler can reach up to twinks, so I won’t do that again.

If you twink you know you’re gonna out gear people and bash people more easily. What do you mean you cant take it seriously?

Because the same gear advantage exists at 120 but at extremely higher scales??? The goal of twinking, as Razien said perfectly:

The goal in twinking is more of a personal goal to obtain the best possible gear for your level, to make your character as strong as possible on your chosen level.

1 Like

I don’t really get it. You can still do all the stuff you claim is what Twinking is about. Getting the best gear possible for your level, that is still possible - not even affected at all.

If that is what Twinking is about, why the salty tears? Ok, the queues get longer for you, but that wasn’t what Twinking was all about anyways.

1 Like

After getting BiS, random BGs was our content. Now that it will take years for a bg pop, there is no point in twinking once you get BiS. I won’t stay subbed if there is nothing to do anymore.

How long are the queues anyways now then? I mean as 120 Horde you’re used to 15-30 minute queues anyways for random (non-epic) BGs.

Oh and, actually, it is impossible to get BIS now, thanks to quest gear having a chance to proc to be rare or epic, so that aspect is killed too.

Edit: Before 8.1.5, it ranged anywhere from 1 minute - 1 hour. Right now, it doesn’t pop at all, even if there are the same amount of twinks queing on both sides, because the matchmaking System is broken.

But that itself has (potentially) nothing to do with the split of XP vs Non-XP, that is just a bug that has to be fixed.

But that itself has (potentially) nothing to do with the split of XP vs Non-XP, that is just a bug that has to be fixed.

Yes, it has nothing to do with that, but it is very annoying. But what about the rest of my points?

Watch out people the Twinks that love 1 hitting people and making the levl experience sad for non twinks has entered the chat!

2 Likes

No, they weren’t. My facts are incredibly str8. I started in LK, did bgs back then, did en entire year of nothing but bgs in Cata, and kept doing them occasionally. Also made twinks aswell. LK, Cata, Panda, Draenor all had twinks separate. Legion had templates and only since bfa now they were lose and not separated.
I cannot judge Vanilla and BC.

I did an awfull lot of bgs m8. And made twinks, so dont go judging me as someone who’s never done bgs before.

Im not the one going in with 400 hp.
I just got back to bg (since my 30+ top lvls are now all 120) and actually posted about the issue here, not knowing this would actually be dealt with in this patch. Of course the sitation shouldnt have existed inthe first place, but ok.
My char, a new priest i rolled, fully loomed and chanted with vanilla chants (didnt know about any high end chants being possible yet) had ~850 hp @ lvl 13 or 14, which got boosted a bit as i entered the bg (scaling to 19). I can hold my ground for a while, but not against a hunter with 2k hp, a row of buffs active, doing 200 steady shots with 400+ incendiary over it. We were dropping like flies.
And yes, there are people going into bgs with no gear. That is, the greys and whites they get at birth or smth. They dont even have 400 hp. I dont know why ppl do that. I understood this years ago, while it was way harder to get looms, but if you throw 3 k on the table, youve got a full set of looms now, instantly. So i dont see why people would not do that.
Anyway, it was totally unbalanced as it was since bfa. Not that i want it balanced completely, that is boring AF, but being actually one-shot, no.

No, precisely what i said.
there were people in with not even 400 hp. And that hunter twink had 2k.
And yes, that translates to about 10 times the damage here.
My priest’s penance did ~150 and shes geared. That was about 50 dps if i remember well. Those ungeared players get way less. That hunter had 200+400+, which will translate to 100s of dps.
That will be some 10 times higher than the ungeared players get.

Has nothing to do with l2p, when you get one shot.
Get real.

Ok, so half your openingspost is about a bug that has to be fixed - check. Yet it drips “OMG this change is the reason Twinks quit” out of every line written. It did not, just a potentially non-related bug (if there are enough twinks to fill BGs but they just don’t pop…).

The other points? The random quest-reward upgrades? Horrible in every way possible. All those upgrades, WF and TF can just go down the drain if you ask me. But that’s not just for Twinks.

And well Balancing abilities, items and consumables for low-level-brackets? Not gonna happen, that simply would take an incredible amount of dev-time - if it’s even possible. Can’t even balance the classes at level 120, let alone balancing it at every bracket at every patch. It’d make the release of patches undoable.

And well back to templates? Brought also problems.

Perhaps just ignoring trinkets and enchants again in PvP content as a start.

Of course not, like I said, I don’t like the concept at all and I approve of them being removed from the BG’s of leveling people.

2 Likes

you clearly have never seen 119 twinks all in 300 i lvl + gear v new ding 111 chars in less that ilvl 200 gear its not a lot of fun if you are the leveller

1 Like

Idk how this is about balancing
when at 70
Both horde & alliances only have like 2-5twinks on each side, 90% of the time, twinks are premade and Don’t twinks help the non-twink to level faster,
Faster bgs = more xp = More levels.
70 Bgs ques went from 5 Minutes-1 Hour to 1 Hour- 5 Hours.
Friend was in a bgs que for 10 Hours last night.

1 Like

You know a lvl 110 twink has more Sec stats vs 119 Twink right due to blizzards bad scaling.

A lot of twinks are EX-Glad players or are currently Glad players who like to play a different bracket like 70,39,85,80,29

Due end game content is not ever finished or added into the game finished & gets super boring after doing it over and over again

2 Likes

A lot of people play lower brackets for the genuine sense of community, I loved being able to recognise faces in BGs. Learn how specific people played, what they liked doing, how they dealt with situations and not just how to counter the class but that specific player on that class. Especially in the lower brackets where people had multiple characters on each faction and you’d as often find yourself playing with someone as you would against.

It’s also a welcome break from the RNG gearing fiesta of max level. You want your best gear? There’s a list of items and there’s no RNG titanforging to get them. They just exist, you wanna go more haste and less intellect? You can, that’s an actual choice you can make in how you set up your character, you aren’t just at the mercy of what drops at what ilvl.

Shooting fish in a barrel might have been how these communities came to be, way way back in Vanilla and BC (Oversimplification). But you think any of those people would be around today, trying to make the game mode work, if that’s all they wanted it for?

5 Likes

Now you’ll all be together!

1 Like

But there aren’t enough outside of the first 2 brackets, that’s the problem. The total population probably is high enough, but nobody’s around at the same time. Were this an issue raised by Blizzard, and talked about prior to the change I’d have been all for it.

If we were told this was going to happen beforehand, like in patch notes, or a tweet before release, or anything, then maybe we could have organised the community properly. Set up events / days / times that worked so we could have really good queues for maybe 8-10 hours a week. That would have honestly been fine.

But they didn’t tell us. They didn’t warn us. They didn’t give us a chance.

5 Likes

Uhhh me me me, can i get this one???

You had fun playing against opponents that couldn’t do nothing to you, one shotting from stealth and now that you see you’ll be playing against whole teams of people geared like you, the “fun” is suddenly gone and you’re stomping the floor and threatening the unsub card.

As i read twinks writing: GIT GUD SON!!!

2 Likes

Wrong.

I’ve been unbeaten amongst 60 warriors since Wrath and I have almost 17k duels done on this character alone, most of them against other twinks or people 10+ levels above me with a total of 74% win-ratio.

Facing other twinks is the least of my concern. In fact, I would welcome the challenge. I am very certain that most other twinks wouldn’t mind it either or at least the ones I know of.

Exactly. The problem is that we can’t do battlegrounds at all now because they just won’t proc.

…‘git gud’ says the challenger ranked mage.

We’re arguing about balance because they removed us due to “levelers getting steamrolled”, according to them.

It’s not about you liking it or not, it’s about you not understanding the real issue at hand and the real power that twinks have. Peoples vision of twinks one-shotting everything is a complete lie in 90% of all cases this expansion.

1 Like

On one side I’ll miss the short queues, being able to 1v4 and come out on top and being able to work on my honor achievement at a decent pace. On the other hand I don’t really play my twink enough to actually care. The result of this will most likely be that twinking will again die out over the remainder of the expansion until queues are near non existant.