A letter to Blizzard - Twinking

I am glad they chose to lockout Twinks and put them in their own bracket. It was about time, I see plenty of people here claiming the Twinking community is huge though so clearly there shouldn’t be an issue to get war games together and fight like you had to in the past.

Twinking ruined the BG leveling for the rest of us, it was unbalanced, it was unfair and it was not fun having to wait 20-40 minutes for a BG to pop to then have to sit in the Graveyard constantly.

Twinking is only fun for a very clear minority in the game. I do agree that it should’ve been added to the patch notes, but it was not a bad change at all for the majority of us.

This should’ve happened earlier, and I’m glad it stopped.

3 Likes

Dude, listen, the simple truth is you shouldn’t even be playing against levelers who maybe are finding their way around the game, have no gear, no friends like the twink community who coordinate through muscle memory because they’ve played for so long etc etc…if you can’t see how this is extremely skewed to one side of the player pool having fun and the other not having it i cannot help you.

Bottom line, you ruin the game for others. There is really no sense to discuss this beyond this point.

2 Likes

I wonder how you haters feel about WPvP were level doesn’t mater, where a 120 can corpse camp a level 20 for hours on end?

There were enough people defending that scenario any and every time it was brought up. " Roll on a PVE Realm" “It’s PvP what do you expect” “If it’s red it’s dead”

Yet people walking into a team based PvP match shouldn’t expect to kill and be killed somehow?

Next time you’re in an XP On BG and being GY camped ask yourself why, the answer won’t be it’s twinks. You will have to look elsewhere for a scapegoat for your failings

Peace i’m out to go and test the RNG to see how many epics I can get on my low level Twinks

3 Likes

Dude, am not a hater, but bg is just about the only fun way to level.
And to be pitted against a guy that’s been on his char for years, knows every cd by heart while you’re wearing quest greens and still figuring out buttons is just not fair.

This isn’t even wow related, it’s basic sportsmanship. I’d suggest to consider it the “grace period”.

When you hit 120, you’re expected to know some stuff already so the analogy of twink+leveler and fresh120 and geared120 isn’t really that good once you get into it.

2 cents, don’t take it the wrong way

So what would you call this massive assumption that people twink because they want to stomp badly geared / less experienced players?

Why do people act like this kind of bracket separation has been the norm for most of WoW’s lifetime? the opposite is true.

I’m leveling a Zandalari right now. Non-twink but with enchanted heirlooms. I constantly play 20 Hks, 0 deaths and that’s without a pocket healer.

Go and ask the people in greys and greens or ones that are just unskilled about how they feel now that I’m still farming them but on a “non-twink” character? Because literally nothing has changed. All I did was relog.

There’s thousands of people, actually… And most Gladiators I know play on twinks every now and then because endgame ends up boring them.

Then put thém in a different bracket that acts like a safe space because I’m still farming them on fresh non-twink characters as we speak. Nothing will change that. Ever. If a new player joins PvP he wíll get farmed. There’s no avoiding that.

Because you’re not getting it. This isn’t even about ganking new players as you keep trying to make it about. This is about us not receiving queue pops if you separate the brackets.

Levelers in the bracket or not, I don’t care as long as I can do battlegrounds which this system prevents me from doing.

Then you better get good at PvP or learn to deal with dying all the time.

Then put endgame players that have more than 20 days played on their account in a seperate bracket too.

New players too are a minority. You can not cater towards them like you want Blizzard to do.

Should they be able to queue for PvP? Yes.
Should they only face other noobs? No.

Guess how every pvper ever got where they are now in the first place? By getting ganked over and over.

It. is. How. You. Learn.

It’s the same as wiping on a boss over and over and over. After a while you get the hang of it and down it.

No, that’s not how any of this works. Real life sports have no random queue system.

It very much is a good analogy because there’s this thing called “The instant 110 boost”.

The worst thing of all of this is that Twinks aren’t even as strong as you and everyone else make them out to be.

In 85% of cases it’s just the classes that are broken.

Example:

Mage > Specs in to greater pyroblast
Mage > Gets full haste gear
Mage > Reduces Greater pyroblast cast time to 1.8 seconds.
Mage > Spams Greater pyroblast and nothing else.
Leveler > Gets killed
Leveler > Goes to forums and complains about how the mages gear is the problem “because Twink” completely ignoring the fact that greater pyroblast dealing a base 33% of your health guaranteed.

I’ve killed people 50 levels above me on my lv60 mage before simply because I just so happen to get 3 Greater pyroblasts off before they notice me.

“Nerf twinks”, right? because it’s toootally my gear that makes me three-shot anyone of any level.

There’s a ton of mechanics like that that are just bad game design and many classes get really strong abilities at a lower level while other classes can’t do much because they do not.

An example of thát would be Warrior versus Druids at lv19.

Warriors have 1 charge, no slows, no defensives, no heals and take quite long to generate rage.

Druids have full immunity to slows, speed increases, stealth, spammable ranged instant casts, spammable healing, Bear form, two instant-cast heals, immunity to sheep etc.

Game/Class design such as this can be heavily “exploited” (for the lack of a better word) to make it seem as if the general “twink” is fár stronger than they actually are to the random clueless leveler.

There are plenty of examples of that in this thread alone.

4 Likes

Didn’t read. 'cuz pointless because you are egoistically looking for your own short que times which bring the downside of ruining a fun way to level for the majority.

Like i said, no point in discussing any further, you can write another wall of text and gg.

Fixed that one for you.

Also…

If you can not handle people taking the argument to you after you comment on a thread then you should probably not be on this forum or any other for that matter.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t you not reading Razien’s respone be egoistic? The contradictions there mate :confused:

2 Likes

Let’s be honest, people acting like asses to eachother isn’t doing an already damaged community perception of twinks any favours.

Who are acting like asses? :o

1 Like

A lot of people on both sides of the discussion sadly, I’m not being specific. There’s at least 3 active threads in the BG forum about and there’s insults going back and forth in most of them.

1 Like

Oh I haven’t read those yet.

I do prefer discussions that have facts behind them.

2 Likes

Don’t use the F-word in these forums.

2 Likes

Just hate the mage bro.

The guy is a PVE player, The only way he will understand if blizzard did something to ruin PVE

Sliiightly off topic question, but now Zandalari are out I kinda feel like getting the heritage armour, and I could do with a “Wind down” character for just playing and enjoying with little consequence when I’m not raiding.

What would the best options for class / spec to level something exclusively in BGs. All looms enchanted.

Not necessarily broken OP, but what’s going to have some fight in it for every levelling bracket up to 110?

Healer classes are super good right now.
Druid with cat talent & Mw monks are doing some strong dmg.
Mages/rogues are strong

What spec mages, don’t really feel like playing a healer :stuck_out_tongue:

boomie works well. you got them heals and can moonfire ppl to death. use elemental force enchant.

can you maybe give me a brief rundown of what enchant I’ll want on each loom for a mage / moonkin. Have access to every slot possible.