A letter to Blizzard - Twinking

Now?
You mean in future, after half a lifetime of queuing in BG…THAT’s the main problem with this ridiculous change, that btw made me unsub.

1 Like

Elemental Force on your weapon.
+int on off hand if you wear a 1h.
+all-stats on chest.
+int/crit on shoulders
+int/vers or int/crit on legs
+haste or crit or vers on rings and cloak.
Satyr enchant on necklace.

That’s pmuch all you need.

whether you want crit or int depends on your class/spec.

Crit if fire mage, i prefer haste for pmuch everything else.

How is enchant scaling now? Back in WoD it was super messy with specific enchants scaling better than others etc etc (Mostly stats on chest). Is that still a thing or nah?

Lemme just stand over here laughing my behind off at the butthurt of the twinks.

Ty Blizzard, praise to thee.

ty for recognizing the sadist nature of these people
ty for seeing through the excuse of “bad ppl must learn”, because everyone knows you learn a lot camped on the gy
ty for ruining their miserable lives so hard their fragile egos are knee jerking into unsub threats like juvenile children

Don’t mind me bro, just sprinkling a little bit of salt on your wounds. Have fun now. :smiley:

1 Like

idk what you’re trying to say with this “unsub”.
I don’t care and i’m assuming neither does Blizzard because they’ve probably calculated that keeping the game alive and playable w/o getting one shot by 4 twinks on a gy for a mass of casuals that just got into it is more important than catering to no lifer twinks.

Sorry man…idk but that’s how it is.

First things first - people don’t level up in grey/white gear anymore unless we’re talking really low levels. So that’s a total absurdity we can discount form the conversation immediately.

You are correct that an advantage will be conferred to people who do dungeons and enchant and gem their gear. I do not see any problem with that. They put more effort into their characters per level as they level up, and therefore they deserve to win the fight. In fact, I perceive it as a bonus, since what it’s actually doing is making professions useful. Levelling could use that treatment in general, let’s be honest.

You are quote aware that that’s literally what this change does, right? Regular levellers who have bad gear as a result of outlevelling their gear as they play have been put into their own bracket.

It’s true that this does not account for players who have XP enabled and put effort into their characters and understand the game, but these players deserve to win and they are not subverting the intent of low level battlegrounds in any way.

hello I just want to inform you that I am twink from BC and I will continue to enter bgs to massacre levelers like you, I will not let you leave a cemetery or a single leveler MUAHAHAHAHA

it’s alright, a bit weaker cuz they scaled some things down but that just makes it more balanced. So it’s fine. still better to have the enchants than not, though.

And yet…

You’re so full of it lmao. Hypocrite.

Exactly, but he brought that up so i’m not sure why you’re telling me that.

They áre if they’re purposely getting gear to be better in low-level PvP so they win games faster and thus will level faster.

The only difference between them and twinks at that point is that they’ll level out of the bracket at some point, but are replaced by others eventually.

So for people that don’t get good gear – they’ll always get steamrolled regardless. Just not by the same person.

This isn’t even a bad thing, it’s the very core of an MMORPG. Those who put more effort in to their character will be stronger. That’s just how this game works and is supposed to work.

2 Likes

I don’t see any hypocrisy tbh. It’s just calling it like it is.

I mean, you’re here arguing to keep an incredibly unbalanced and unfriendly to newcomers part of the game simply because you want to 4v1 because it gives you a rush.
Even more, you’re hiding it with excuses like “we’re here to help noobs learn”… or …“que times”…this is all very transparent dude.

Sure your ques might go up (am crying for you already), but am pretty sure the rest of the levelers will find their game much more enjoyable and are willing to sacrifice a few more minutes in que if it means they can actually play the game as opposed to being camped on gy.

But this is all common sense…

2 Likes

Exactly, and this is a critical difference. Getting gear as you level means your gear always trials your level. It’s never going to be as good as that of a twink.

Having players in there with better gear is all fine and well, but twinks deliberately take it to a whole another level, and therein lies the problem.

Look up the definition of hypocrisy.

We are here arguing that the queue times are non-existant if you separate the brackets.

Nobody here cares about farming levelers. Way to miss the entire point.

I’m not helping them learn unless they ask me for help (which happens from time to time). They learn on their own by losing.

Try 30+ more minutes.

It is, moreso in this patch than before because gear can proc as blue and/or even Epic which rivals (or even out-performs depending on the item) the stats of the best twink gear in the game.

If you were to get say, a 2-hander with 16 strength at lv20 then that’ll last you the entire bracket. there are no upgrades for that unless you get that same weapon on a higher level, but even then it’s like 2-3 strength difference.

Like I said I made a fresh allied race yesterday and have been farming graveyards ever since. All I need is a healer and the entire enemy team will be stuck on the graveyard.

All I had to do was relog. Twink or not, this does not change.

1 Like

Well that’s the RNG can of worms you just opened there. This is a problem that applies to literally the entire game and should be adressed separately.

Anyway, the summary is this:
These things lead to an unfair experience when doing low levle BG’s:

1. Very overgeared twinks
  2. Class balance issues
  3. Extremely RNG-based loot
  4. Not knowing about nor using tradeskill professions

Blizzard just fixed problem 1), but because 2-4 still exist and are still problems, you would suggest Blizzard walk 1) back. Why, exactly?

This is the same argument I was having with the portal room. Sometimes Blizzard make a good decision the fruits of which are ruined, in whole or in part, by another bad decision. It’s true! They do it all the time.

Let’s call those out and make sure Blizzard knows about and fixes those problems too, instead of asking them to walk back the good changes they do make.

Dude, you’re simply wrong. You don’t belong with levelers.

A guy with xp on with good gear will be dominant in a bg for a day or two because a win at low levels gives you 90% xp right on the spot.
He will outlevel the bg bracket he is outgearing and be put into a higher bracket where he will be outgeared.
That’s how the cycle is supposed to work, twinks break it, simply because they stay in the bracket they outgear forever.
It’s a maths game, no skill can help you if your math is weak. Nor you can learn any skill if you get one shotted.

If i used harsh words, that’s not because i hate you, but because i find you miserable.
For the life of me i cannot attribute any positive qualities to a person that wants to keep displaying his dominance over people that cannot even fight back. Over and over again.

2 Likes

Do you have any response to the reasons people play low level brackets that don’t involve assuming they’re all bad and want to stomp undergeared players for their own enjoyment?

I can garauntee you the people you’ve been slandering in direct quotes would prefer twink only BGs if it were possible. And while you are right, the 19s, 29s, and probably 70s will be able to sustain an ecosystem in XP OFF battlegrounds with longer queue times, the 39s, 49s, 59s, etc etc will very very likely not. It’s not unreasonable as an outsider to expect people to just adapt for the greater good, but if you’ve put years+ into your character (Twinking in the 30-60 range is very much an oldschool thing, and the scene is populated by accounts and players that go back over a decade) then you aren’t going to willingly concede the only chance you’ve had to play said character for over a decade.

Just chill with the insults.

1 Like

Agreed.

Post-29 this isn’t a big of a deal as you think. Twinks are about 30-50% stronger than most twinks, the 50% being absolute maxxed players of which there are very few.

Most of the issues stem from this tbh. Some classes are too broken especially at lower levels. the 10-19 bracket was 60% druids, mages and rogues.

This wasn’t really an issue for levelers until this patch, though the fact that gear can proc as epic actually benefits them and helps them compete with twinks. many twinks don’t really have thát big if a benefit from this.

You can’t really blame twinks for that… You should never build a game around the ignorance of new players, it’s partly why the game is in the state it currently is in the first place.

I don’t care if they roll it back or not - I just want to be able to play battlegrounds whether it’s facing levelers ánd twinks or just twinks.

The problem is that if you separate the two the queue times for twinks are nonexistent. That’s my biggest issue here as i’ve stated time and time again.

This would be going by the assumption that this was a good change. Tell me again if it was when leveler battlegrounds between level 49-79 receive a 1-2 hour queue timer because most of the people regularly speeding up those queue times in those brackets were twinks.

You have yet to give me any good argument against why Twinks do not belong aside for “they one-shot everyone” which is definitely untrue post-29 and even when they do it’s usually because they’re abusing the power of a class that happens to be far too strong at that specific level than it really should be.

And be replaced by a new person right after, what’s your point? They made leave after a while however someone else with similar gear will most likely replace them. Have you seen the stats on a fresh-lv20 allied race’s gear? it’s near-twink level and you get that stuff for free upon logging in - In a bracket where the power gap between twinks is greatest.

See previous response. An allied race is nearly a twink upon logging in. All you have to do is spend 300g enchanting your free items and you’re good to go.

Nobody gets one-shotted or even four-shotted post-29 unless done so by a class that’s broken due to the class mechanics. This argument is a complete fallacy.

If anything you’re the miserable one seeing as how you feel that you have to bring feelings in to a debate about facts.

To be fair you do not know me personally. Perhaps it would be wise to stop judging people before you actually get to know them? Possibly you were never taught these kind of manners growing up – I wouldn’t know, so i’m telling you now.

Did you try to queue and when it pops stop your exp? I know it still sucks, but mby like that you can bypass it to some extent. 20g each bg and the annoyance of being stuck at the npc.

Anyway hope blizzard rethinks this. Communities are the most important part about wow. I still check random bg player list everytime, just to know not a single name.

1 Like

My twinks are all old, so they’re at 99.99% xp. I’m not going to risk anything by unlocking my xp.

This is one of the flaws in the exp lock system; It doesn’t remove the exp you have earned into a certain level and resets it to 1% – it just lets you keep what you already have.

We need a failsafe tbh.

1 Like
  1. No you won’t because Blizz kinda stopped that didn’t they?

:roll_eyes:

Not really, I’ve heard there’s ways to get around it. Also warmode.

2 Likes

I find it odd that all the twinks in the game can’t seem to cobble enough people together to fill a BG now that they can’t stomp non twinks.