A moment of silence for PvP players

Once more we are forced to play M+ if we want to get geared from BG we need to play around 85 hours of bgs (not counting waiting time with 50% winrate) but this is not the biggest problem. BG gear is time gated and gear equal to M+3 will be time gated behind 7th level of your Covenant. You can get it 2 weeks after expansion lunch. At the same time players will be able to clear +14 to get a gear equal to heroic raid by just spamming M+. This is just sad. I’m not even angry. I’m upset that I’m treated as second category customer.

Someone will say that PvP is side activity and only 5% people play it. This is not true. Only few % of players play HIGH END PVP which is arena. There are plenty of casual players that don’t touch arenas but play battlegrounds. There are plenty of players who hate dungeons and raids and enjoy WoW for different things.

Time gating for this gear needs to go otherwise a lot of people will quit the game again. Stop PvP community discrimination.

Any WoW emplyee that might read this - whole your good work will be forgotten and ignored if you will make this thing go live. Everyone will be upset and many player will get mad.

69 Likes

Be prepared to face “arguments” such as this one:

2 Likes

Let’s check if he even plays PvP…

3 Likes

That’s the thing.
Mythic+ players love the current form of PvP because it allows them to absolutely destroy people in 2 globals because they outgear PvP players.

Gear now trumps skills, and that benefits a lot of people here. Sadly, that doesn’t benefit PvP players.

23 Likes

The thing is that to be good in PvP you should play PvP. When you play bg to get gear you already practice but when you play M+ you don’t because 9/10 cases PvP stats and PvE stats are different what means = different gear, different talents and different ways to deal damage. This makes PvP players skill level lower and lower. Compare PvP players from Cata/MoP and now… They break every CC you did.

The whole game is unfun. They’re trying to make the gearing process “competitive” which ruins the fun for the majority of the playerbase and is the opposite of the concept which made WoW popular (making the game fun and easy accessable for the majority of the playerbase).

Can’t wait for mythic clowns to tell you that you don’t deserve to feel good about using maxed out honor gear because it’s “welfare gear” and that you need to “work” in a virtual product which you monthly pay for to enjoy the content which you want to play :clown_face:

34 Likes

In my opinion it’s Mythic + that made gearing such a problem in WoW at the moment. For me they should create a similar currency where you buy gear like in arenas and implement rio in the game so mythic+ isn’t just the best gear source but a real content with ladder.

5 Likes

I couldnt agree more. PvP needs a viable gearing system. I have posted recently about a better gearing system for PvP as well. I proposed an item upgrade system. For example;

It might cost 1000 honor for a piece of gear but that gear starts at the equivalent to Mythic 1. You can then upgrade that item by spending honor, up to 5/5, which would be the equivalent of Mythic 6. Conquest gear would start at Mythic 7 and be upgradeable to 3/3 which would be Mythic 10. But to upgrade the conquest gear the first upgrade comes at 1500 rating, second at 1750 and 3rd at 2000. This rating can be arena or rated BGs. Then in the 2nd season of PvP the honor gear changes to the conquest gear and can be upgraded with honor and the conquest gear starts at Mythic 12 and upgrades to Mythic 15. From there, so 3rd season, usually they will change the item level in Mythic dungeons inline with new raids, so the system could start over to whatever the new equivalent would be.

So you can gear anyway you want as long as you put the time in, but I’m not talking an endless BG grind. Say each main piece (helm, shoulders, chest and legs) costs 1000 honor, for winning you should get 300 honor, plus what ever you have earned from kills. So if you win 3 BGs you should be able to buy 1 main piece. I think that is fairly reasonable. The other pieces would cost less, so bracers, cloak, neck and rings could be 500 each. Hands, belt, boots and trinkets could be 750. Each upgrade to get 5/5 would cost the same, so a 1000 piece each upgrade costs 200, a 750 piece is 150 and 500 piece is 100.

9 Likes

Even though I plan to raid again in SL, I’d fine with it taking a while to fully upgrade my PvP gear, hell I’d be fine with having to win 100+ bgs if it would get me atleast gear on-par with heroic raids(or more).

What I’m not fine with is getting shafted over and over again with pathetic gear that nobody even wants. Why should I go through all the trouble of upgrading gear when it’s below what I’d get through PvE AND I’d have to go through alot more trouble to get it. So I’m being rewarded less for doing more? That’s weird logic.

Blizzard seemingly doesn’t understand if theres an easier way to get gear, a PvPer isn’t going to say “well if its not obtainable through PvP I won’t get it” (maybe some will, who knows? But most people I know won’t) no instead that PvPer will go do content he or she doesn’t enjoy just so he or she won’t get destroyed by non-PvPers while doing PvP.

11 Likes

A couple of small fact faults here. First a minor one:

The actual number he said in the video your referensing is 80 hours.

Then the other faulty fact:

In the video he actually said ‘gear equal to M+6’ as the last upgradable tier.

Maybe you should go and watch that awesome guy in the video again so you can actually copy his opinions correctly.

3 Likes

We have to end this narration that PvP players mean = arenas players only. Even though I mainly play arenas I have to say it’s not fair towards huge PvP community we still have in the game that doesn’t raid/play dungeons or any rated PvP. They are always discrimnated.

If you checked everything carefully you’d know that to get gear equal to M+6 you have to unlock second upgrade from your covenant which will take a month. I was talking about first unlocked upgades that are equal to M+3. When M+6 equal BG gear will be unlocked everyone will already clear M+14 and Mythic raid will be opened.

Also if you pretend to be eloquent check my posts they are 90% PvP related and I don’t need to watch any youtubers or streamers to have my own opinion. I miss downvote button from pre WoD times.

1 Like

It’s just shame that you didn’t state in your first post then what tier of upgrade you were talking about.
But I do still believe you’ll have to watch that video again. You still haven’t got the facts straight.

What video are you talking about? Why are you even pretending the video is important. The situation where players can’t get fair honor gearing is the problem. Nobody gives a crap about damn video but about the fact that we are forced again to play M+ in order to be somehow competitive.

keep in mind the only way to reliably gear in the long term will be via weekly chest and raiding cause iirc M+ still only drops gear below heroic raid item level at 14/15

Yes but weakly chess doesn’t.

i just want 2 say 1 thing why are u playing a rpg if u don’t like dungeons and don’t like it that they don’t give u gear doing pvp i dont like M+ but mmorpgs are not about pvp u are supposed 2 make friends not enemy’s raiding should be were u get all of your gear

we roleplay hatred for the enemy faction and like to get properly rewarded for our efforts murdering eachother

that okay?

12 Likes

no i mean not role play but u should not be rewarded for killing players and pvp should all ways be a second thought cos its boring

oh so now roleplaying isnt okay anymore either… you sure are picky

shouldnt you go ask dbm when its time to move out of the fire or something?

1 Like

2/10 bait. You get 2 points because someone, amazingly enough, swallowed it.

4 Likes