[A(N)-RP] Looking for seriously dedicated and active RP guild to join

Greetings valiant denizens of Azeroth! I write to you looking for a guild to join that is truly dedicated to RP within the game and is currently active. Although I began my adventures around Azeroth during The Burning Crusade, I have spent my time mostly alone on numerous quests seeking adventure and a sense of putting the world to rights. I have no experience of RP but I am currently writing a psychology research on how a person can feel more truly themself in WoW than in offline worlds. (For which I am seeking 3-5 participants, if interested.) In my research I have become very interested in RP and would like to experience this aspect of engaging within Azeroth. I am really looking for a totally immersive experience, but I am unsure such a thing actually exists. I have two personae (Fionbharra and Fáelán) that would like to join an active RP guild and I would be interested in hearing from others who I might be welcome to join. By way of introduction I offer the story of Fionbharra. May the blessings and Light of Elune enlighten your hearts and minds to my introduction and solicitation to join you in the Battle for Azeroth.

My name is Fionbharra and I come from a land where myth and magic have always been accepted as a part of life and the natural world. A land called Teldrassil(Éire in our local dialect) where humans and fairy folk – including elves (often called leprechauns), gnomes and dwarfs, live together in a balance of respect and power. Of course, there were others like giants and banshees (unsettled souls continuously crying out) that were often troublesome and frightening, but the land was generally at peace and each people knew their place. Often humans consider us Night Elves as ones from an otherworld called Tír na nÓg (land of youth) because our lifespans are not the same.Although I am an elf and the son of a craftsman to the king (Tighernach of Ui Eachach), I studied the ways of humans and occasionally fought alongside An Fhèinne(the Fianna) led by a human of noble blood called Fionn mac Cumhail. It is because of my joining the battles with Fionn that humans thought I was called Fionnbharra. But my real name is Lóchán and the name Fionbharra was actually given to me by my spiritual brothers because of my fair (finn) hair (bharra). I was recognised from an early age as one who possessed a spiritual strength in harmony with the Light and I was taken to live a religious life. I was quite happy with my life and learning the ways of Light, I even explored other lands with my spiritual brother Fáelán (a human priest of healing power). Together we moved between our land and that of other peoples, in the areas the ancient Roman humans called Hibernia and Caledonia but known throughout Azeroth as Teldrassil and Azuremyst Isle.

Things all changed with the coming of the undead Scourges of the Lich King who invaded Quel’Thalas and when the Silvermoon general Sylvanas was defeated by the Scourge death knight Arthas Menethil. Sylvanas’ fate was worse than death as the Light of her soul was pulled out of her, leaving only darkness and the crying forlornness of a banshee. However, Sylvanas’ defeat was not complete and she was able to break free of the Lich King’s control. Yet her rebellion and vengeful defeat of the Lich King in Northrend showed me that justice and right were not completely lost to her, and the care and concern for her fellow renegade Forsaken prove that her soul is not truly lost. Although I believe she can yet be saved, I also recognise my duty as one of her own kind to try and limit the damage she and her fellow corrupted Horde inflict on all of Azeroth – like her defeat of the Legion in the Broken Isles and Argus. For this reason, my spiritual brother Fáelán and I have left the religious life to do our best to bring balance and Light back into the worlds. He often meets challenges in Kul Tiras but his power in the Light is much greater than mine. For my part, I keep to the shadows as Elune guides my path. I did struggle against the Horde who were misguided as far back as the Burning Crusade, but I was new and often merely wandered alone seeking to do good through private quests here and there. When the Wrath of the Lich King took hold, however, I was unable to avoid the serious battles any longer and became much more involved in the fight. Yet I did become disillusioned at times and returned to my religious life for periods only to find that I could not hide form the Cataclysm forever. While away new worlds have been found and I am now once again finding my feet in this most recent Battle for Azeroth.

I am unfamiliar with the speech and ways of those who do not hide behind the common language of people who speak as if from other worlds than Azeroth, but I am keen to learn how to fully accept the life and ways of being in Azeroth away from vulgar speech and unthinking ways. As I said, I have mostly only quested but I am interested in learning new ways to defeat the deluded Horde factions and bring the Light of Elune back to all corners of Azeroth.

Your time spent acquainting yourself with me is greatly appreciated. I bid you well and look forward to considered responses. Blessings to you all.

5 Likes

Hello Fionnbharra!

Hope you find a nice guild to indulge in RP!
I would strongly recommend looking in this forum for open RP events and attend them, thus meeting characters that are in active RP guilds so that you can get to know them and get a feel for if their guild is something for you.

Thank you for posting your background story. :slight_smile:
Since you also point out that you are new I assume that you would appreciate a little feedback on your story?
So, here’s a thought that I hope will be helpful for you:

You write that your character is from a land called Teldrassil where, among other things, elves are often called “leprechauns”.
This causes a rather major obstacle for other roleplayers to interact with your character because you have invented your own world-lore.
There is already a rather extensive lore for Azeroth and this lore constitutes a common set of boundaries and references for roleplayers to interact within.
Teldrassil is already a place in Azeroth, that has been through some dramatic and world changing events.
More about Teldrassil here (remove the spaces):
https:// wow.gamepedia. com/Teldrassil

I’m not going to poke too much at your creation but remember that it’s not just about creating a story for your character, but creating a story that enables your character to interact with other characters.
For instance, referring to elves as leprechauns will probably make other elves angry. :wink:

Hope this helps out and I hope to see you around Azeroth! :slight_smile:

xoxo
//Kitten

6 Likes

Thank you Kitten! I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. I understand your constructive comments and will endeavour to be more attentive to the story lines. I had already named my characters after medieval saints that had gone from Ireland and lived in Scotland (which parallels me in some ways), and so I was trying to incorporate Irish mythology into the WoW mythology to treat one as a particular expression of the other, e.g., the association of leprechauns with elves, since in the Irish mythology they are identical). But I take you point that it become too complicated and perhaps unsustainable over the long-term. Do you think I should edit the original post or leave it for further feedback? Thanks again! Your insights are greatly appreciated.

5 Likes

Happy you liked the feedback! :slight_smile:

If it was me, I’d leave the original here and then add an edit as I saw fit whenever I felt for it.
This is your thread, all about you, so it would be nice to see the origin as well as the development. :slight_smile:

Some guilds wants to have an introduction and background story of your character as you apply for a membership, written on their own sites or forums, but many others just wants to meet you and “feel you out”. In those cases your background story is only a sheet of reference for yourself to use when talking to others and roleplaying your character. :slight_smile:

xoxo
//Kitten

5 Likes

Cool. Thanks! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hey Fionnbharra :slight_smile: Welcome to RP, an exciting new world awaits!

Where I am not the best in handing out lore advise, I would highly recommend this thread;

Even though the title might not sound as if it would be of much interest at first, there are so many great observations and thoughts shared it in, especially if one is new to roleplay. And, as Kitten so kindly said too, look around for the events on the server; those are a great way to get started!

We also have several posts made by newcomers to the server, that have been tended to with great care. :evergreen_tree:

I wish you luck in settling down and finding a guild, that will suit your needs :butterfly:

3 Likes

Hi Alunaria. Thank you for your kind message and taking the time to suggest ways for me to get up to speed on RP. I will read through your suggestions. I am eager to get started with it but recognise I also need to get my research done before I can dedicate too much time to it. It’s difficult to remain restrained because it does seem like such a much richer way to engage with the game. All the best. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Anytime! I think you can easily jump right into it as well. Very rarely are you asked to share your characters background story/ lore knowledge right there on the spot during an event. So diving into an event could easily be done.

One can always play their characters a little bit shy at first; there are many In Character explanations for holding back a little/ being reserved :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.