{A} [PvE] <Little Pog Champs> Casual PvE guild recruiting!

The Chad non human fantasy world: :rocket:

The absolute immersion break when humans are said to be better than most others races because self insert: :japanese_goblin:

This got to be the absolute best post in the disaster of a forum post this have been, good on you, my dude!

I cant hold my tongue on this any longer, I understand people have their gripes about various things and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But to then sit there and demand an -apology- for making a recruitment post for a raiding guild is just downright laughable, if witch hunting on an innocent post is a fun concept to you, then you need to find a new hobby, bud. The stench of malice is pungent, what a true shame.

Looking at you, Obahar.

One of my favourite words in the English language is the word Elaborate.

As a verb it means to provide more details about something. As an adjective, it means something is complex and confusing.

Effectively, they cancel themselves out. And I feel so far there has been a lot of that in this forum post so far, with people just canceling their arguments out.

Obahar, for example; you’ve been accusing these guys for immaturity, bullying and unfair conduct. Yet, all I have seen of you is go ham on these guys after they have gone out of their way to adjust their guild to the Blizzard Community Standards, not yours. Why are you going in on them still? We all pay our monthly subscription here to play the game; not to be abused by ego bullys such as yourself.

So, just leave it. If you think you’ve won the argument, just leave it. Stop going back to it to replenish the anima jar that is your ego. They changed the name. They have roleplayers in the guild.

Chill yo beans.

1 Like

I agree that Obahar came off as harsh, but your guild needs to bear in mind that your previous guild name was a slur against gay men. To be honest, I’d say he has every right to be annoyed at the audacity to defend a guild name that actively dehumanized him.

You’re not fooling anyone, Anemoi. A simple check of your profile and your pets shows a match. You’re the OP. If you couldn’t be bothered to respond to me with the character you initially posted on, then I can’t be bothered to give you a proper reply.

Respect is a two-way street. You don’t have mine. Not if you’re gonna try and be underhanded and present yourself as a third party when you’re not.

Actually, to correct myself: Not the OP of this thread. The OP of your old guild with the far inferior name. My point still stands - you DO have an investment in this guild, you’re not some passer by, you are in the guild.

13 Likes

no1 with money and a production team makes any sadly :pensive:

Fight for the world you want to see. Make this world that one.

EDIT:
Also, Eminence - one of the server’s most successful PvE/Non-RP guild - just got Curve. They’re one among many PvE guilds that are celebrated and welcomed, down to the fact they actively respect RPers and acknowledge the server’s rules.

Imagine having to alt post to shame a guy you dehumanize with your old guildname while also arguing your name is fitting and within the only RP server rule remaining in the official blizz ToS when clearly it’s not lmao.

1 Like

Why does every social/raiding/casual non-RPer guild make the same mistake of posting a recruitment thread, completely omit Role-Playing from the OP and then get overly defensive about it instead of including it in the post in the first place? Do these people not see how it’s the exact same scenario playing out each and every case?

Is it down to intelligence? Are they just trolling? Are they lying about being RP-Inclusive because their roster will probably disrupt role-players between raids and then get an even bigger turdstorm blowing up in their recruitment thread for being twofaced?

Really not following the strategy of these vehement arguments in favor of a dumb guild name when it’s cobbled together from some vague principle of freedom of expression, demeaning RPers or just going on a tangent about what Argent Dawn is from their personal viewpoint.

Little did the people know what that name would really come to mean

Chances are that they indeed do not see no, since apart from regulars there aren’t that many people that use these forums actively. And let’s face it, we’re a rather small niche amongst all of Wow’s players, so newcomers probably think 'Okay, we’ll just post our thread, and leave rp’ers alone" and call it a day, not knowing it might be okay to mention they have rp’ers themselves.

Now I get, some guilds that have come here have indeed had malicious intent, and we’re better off without them ( like a certain guild that left for the pastures of Ravencrest), but you also have cases like this guild, where I think it is just cluelesness rather than malice. And granted, the old name was indeed rather asinine, so it’s understandable people got mad. I personally wouldn’t pick a name like the current one either on an rp server, but honestly, if the name 'Little Pog Champs" is the only problem this guild will give our server, I can live with it.

At any rate, I hope those rp’ers that are supposedly in the guild can help direct the ones that don’t, and I hope I won’t regret trying to be reasonable with these guys.

And one last thing, I understand being protective of our server, but some of you do tend to go in guns blazing right from the start. Be a bit more like the guys first asking if they got rp’ers or not!

1 Like

This is the second guild recruitment thread the OP has posted btw, with the first one getting drowned in a mixture of outrage over the guild name and, surprise surprise, the absolute lack of focus or even a mention of the primary reason they would be on the realm.

Normally I do tend to be a little bit more friendly, and enter with a more diploamtic tone, but as Kharrion said, this is their second thread. The first guild was called “Boyhole Buccaneers.”

With that in mind, I wasn’t exactly in the best of moods to see the remenants of that failed idea reborn.

That is true, and I agree, forgetting it the second time around is a bit worrying.

Also true, and that was indeed a rather asinine name. But I think ( and hope) they got the message now.

I scan through the thread. I see the end of it.

“If you suspect someone is breaking the game Terms of Use or doing anything illicit, it is best to report them by making a ticket so that the matter can be investigated.”

I report someone for using explicit ERP emotes in /s in a ticket. I get told to report it through the ingame tool. 2 years ago. Nothing happened to them. They should get a punishment any time now. :slight_smile:

Their emotes were marked by Blizzard and recycled into Calia Menethil’s scenes in Shadow Rising.

:flushed::exclamation:

I do not like where this is going.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.