[A-RP] Alliance War Council - Saturday 12th Oct 19:00

Kinda have to agree with Reavan… those introductions took way longer than was needed (they were still going after 8pm server time) and while I can understand the need to be recognized, it would’ve been much smoother not to have them.

A bit of order would’ve been nice as well. Clear direction or order of subjects. Now it was a bit too chaotic, but in that sense pretty accurate, with all the important people talking over each other and arguing about things, even trivial ones, so that was kinda good for immersion actually :grin:

I stayed there for just over 2 hours with one member from our guild (others had pressing matters to attend to), and we both somewhat lost interest to stay on track of what was being argued, sadly. I bet it was brilliant for those who wanted to do all that arguing and get recognition, but for the rest of us there was little point to be there.

I’m not trying to be rude or anything, because it’s damn good people create these events. Just that they’d need to be a bit more organized. People doing RP is awesome, but they also should tone it down a bit when there are this many folks present… makes it somewhat annoying to try to follow that “main story” line. And please, no more over an hour long introductions, if possible… :sweat_smile:

I enjoyed it a lot even if it was chaotic, the chaos itself gave a real sense of authenthicness. And do bear in mind that many including me, are new to RP, also from what I gather Mex is going to make it more manageable next time.

I don’t think cutting people from assisting is going to be the best though.

It certainly did increase the immersion with all the folks talking, like in some council meeting before those “Order, order in the court!” yells :grin: But text chat based chaos, it can get slightly over the top with disorganized feeling.

If (when) next one is and if Mex is the one organizing it and keeping it together a bit more, it’ll be good I’d imagine :blush:

Many were caught “off guard” and didn’t know what to expect, next time most will know what to expect and how to behave.

1 Like

Would think so :grin:

But anyhow, thank you Mex for creating it. Like I said, I didn’t mean to be rude with my post and I mean no offense. Just a few observations, that’s all. And I can fully understand that some might consider those introductions completely awesome, so my view on them were just my opinion, obviously :blush:

Introductions were necessary and maybe the most important thing to be had, seeing as it was the first meeting… of course no point in having them all over again on future gatherings - maybe just the main guilds that couldn’t attend this time, or 3-4 of new ones anyway. Introductions, the turnout of people and the feedback to improve on future gatherings were the three goals to achieve, and I think we can have all of them checked.

Maybe a couple of things to improve would be RP coherence and decisional capabilities of the council.

The first, is achieved by isolating/disregarding those who pretend to impersonate key characters from the lore, or anything else that would be placed at a higher level than any normal player’s (i.e. I can’t impersonate the avatar of Sargeras, or any godlike entity). I mean, they’re free to play their plots, but keeping them within their own communities/guilds. If you wanna play the special snowflake, go play Baldur’s Gate, or one of the countless singleplayer games out there.

As for the ability to decide/plan on things, it would be good to have bullet lists provided before the event, or using the event itself to propose subjects to discuss/vote on the next meeting. In-game chat is pretty limited and can get confusing with so many people involved, so I personally wouldn’t mind using external services like Discord to provide an agenda for the upcoming meeting, then something else like strawpoll to gather votes for the various motions.

Following each meeting, it would be good to write up the minutes for anyone to have clear and defined what the conclusions/decisions are.

Agreed, fully. I didn’t pay attention if people were doing this now, but if some were… well, tone it down a bit perhaps :sweat_smile:

And you’re right, as far as seeing what and how to improve, I suppose that meeting did its job well :thinking:

But anyway, I can’t really contribute to this discussion, so enough spamming from me :blush:

Ciss is just a troll from Reddit. The guy has 3 posts in total all made for this post. Just trying to sow dissent. No please go away Ciss

Ah.

So you are adding slander to your unfair and bad RP-behaviour.
Interesting.

Well, your OOC-manners fit your IC-manners just perfectly, my dear.

Also for others so we are clear about Isiden Perenolde.

He is a character from lore true, which is literally forgotten and last mentioned in like 2008 (mentioned only). Isiden we have claims to be the same person, although he holds no real power and is more of a detriment towards his own goals.

He is rightfully shunned because of his Traitor Uncle, and has no lands what so ever. And since Alterac is not a nation in Alliance, he holds no power in Alliance as well. If anything he is at a lower level than any normal players character. If you still have a problem with that there are two solutions:

1. We can politely discuss what issues and fears you have, and I assure you nothing that would make you fear is intended from our part.
  2. You can just pretend that he is an imposter an talk to him as such. I don’t have a problem with that at all either.

lol, do you want me to copy and text your own words from reddit? :smiley: you called us autists, morons and what not. Pretending to be on a high horse now?

Always glad to help keeping the memory alive.

Thanks for at least confessing that. And with this fact… why would your characters show up in an Alliance war council, mh?

Nothing to discuss here. It’s a no-go to high-jack NPCs, especially those ones who are high-ranking. It’s a standard too for many years in the WoW-RP-Com to ignore such players who violate this rule.

You can copy whatever you want. I never used Reddit in my life.

Alright not discussing anything with you. However will ask you this: why are you typing with a retail character instead of a classic one? Why did you decide to come to RP forums of this SPECIFIC server, when you havnt posted anything in your entire account. And choose to slander specifically Isiden. Please nobody here is that stupid to believe this wasn’t unintentional right after the reddit comments :slight_smile:

It’s always BiS to try and get the discussion on a personal level instead of answering with logic or reasoning.

Very 2019 of you

So instead of making an argument you decide to point and sputter and use ad hominem, and making up some unproven reddit stuff which you even refuse to quote or post screenshots of. git gud at PR, mate.

You are a really curious little thing, are you? Okay, let’s give it a try…

I’m writing with my Retail-main. So what? I always did that.

I’ve come to this forum because I’m playing on Zandalar Tribe and as I said, I took a look at the event.

If you want to see any old posts of mine, I fear you need to visit the German forums. Though I’m assuming you wouldn’t understand my mother language.

Still… I do not know what’s the point in having 3 posts?
Does that make my words less true, less important?

I literally posted my explanation. Here will give you a link as well, there is a post on ZT reddit named “An alliance was made, Horde was slayn” look up yourself, I can’t post links.

And this forum bomb of people who aren’t usually on forums, but got asked to come at this specific thread to comment isn’t something new as well.

Yes it does, and I explained why already.

I opend the thread. There is no Ciss on the board. Take off your tin foil hat. If you fail, you might earn yourself a nice pile of criticism from all kinds of people.

Sad.

Listen there is a chance that it isn’t Ciss indeed, if it is so I would apologise, but the chance of it not being Ciss is very little and I decided to go for it.
“why are you typing with a retail character instead of a classic one? Why did you decide to come to RP forums of this SPECIFIC server, when you havnt posted anything in your entire account. And choose to slander specifically Isiden. Please nobody here is that stupid to believe this wasn’t unintentional right after the reddit comments” It is a very well aimed comment which came directly after the reddit comments. No tinfoil hat here. Esp with people who havnt commented at anything deciding to comment for the first time here at this exact moment. Give me a break please.